Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotator Cuff/ Biceps Tendonitis
Quote | Reply
Any tricks that worked for people?
Been resting my shoulder as best I can for 6+ weeks and doing all sorts of recovery/rehab modalities, but I'm getting impatient
Quote Reply
Re: Rotator Cuff/ Biceps Tendonitis [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STeaveA wrote:
Any tricks that worked for people?
Been resting my shoulder as best I can for 6+ weeks and doing all sorts of recovery/rehab modalities, but I'm getting impatient

Obviously get medical advice, but in the interim - what caused the injury? Swimming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending of how it happened, I'd not rest but find a good PT. Joints are usually not good to immobilize. Even with shoulder surgery I had a motion chair I was in for 3 hrs/day for 8 weeks. Good PTs and Ortho guys are gold.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a physical therapist, those are very different conditions and you would likely benefit from a full exam by a PT or sports medicine physician and/or imaging.

Also, as we like to say, "rest is not rehab." If you do not have a full thickness tear (i.e. just tendinopathy) the gold standard is progressively loading the tendons (Generally starting with isometrics for pain management and then incorporating eccentric loading until they are stronger).

Hope you get better soon.
Quote Reply