Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same thing. Unless Zwift let them accumulate which I've never seen.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hills are back to back, so you burn one, and boom, another. After third climb, there’s a lull until you get to the hills again, then it’s 3 quick ones again
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full-on LOL-ed at power-up used to make the breakaway (at around 30 mins in). Sneaky!
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello all
If you have seen the live stream this video is pretty much the exact same thing except you can't see Lionel in it. Also, he does a post-race interview. We have been planning to live stream e racing for the last year. Not only E racing but workouts as well. Hope you guys enjoy we ordered all the equipment 2 weeks ago and will be pumping more videos like this in the near future. (Also big thanks for Erin. Her and I were on facetime for like 2 hours setting all this stuff up before the event. She pulled an all nighter getting me all the footage.)

Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For some reason, I get a still screen from 36:11 to 37:18 - sometime in that 1:07 Lionel makes his attack.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hello all
If you have seen the live stream this video is pretty much the exact same thing except you can't see Lionel in it. Also, he does a post-race interview. We have been planning to live stream e racing for the last year. Not only E racing but workouts as well. Hope you guys enjoy we ordered all the equipment 2 weeks ago and will be pumping more videos like this in the near future. (Also big thanks for Erin. Her and I were on facetime for like 2 hours setting all this stuff up before the event. She pulled an all nighter getting me all the footage.)

I think you meant “you can see Lionel in it”. Thanks for putting it out there. 530W for 5 minutes.
Last edited by: Chris Martin: Apr 5, 20 18:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching Lionel start his journey back with the C3 club in Caledon Ontario and seeing him swim i tried to convince Barrie to get him on the velodrome. I was and am convinced he can go the Olympics for Canada on the track. But hey i can admit to being wrong too! He has carved a hell of a career, makes 100 times $$ what anyone does on the track and 2nd in Kona with a few more years to try and crack it. Legit.

Of course. Lets be real. Next crack at Kona is 2021🤦‍♂️

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So awesome to see Lionel fired up to keep it going. Thanks talbot! Great video
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super thanks to you and Erin for bringing that to those of us who did not see it and to Lionel for the entertainment. Its the first real sport I have seen in ages and was super enjoyable.

When is he racing next???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone likes a guy who works hard. No one likes a guy who tells you how hard he works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was great to see both sides of the race.

Thanks LS and TC and Erin

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely fun to watch. The commentary was so far out of reality with what was happening in the race though. I'm an MVP fan, but they were thinking he was still in like mid lap two when he was clearly dropped on the first lap. Will likely claim connection problems.

But I am hoping this race and a couple others form a nice springboard into more eracing and live virtual racing from the top pros. Will be a bit of a learning curve for those that aren't up to speed on the indoor game yet, but this is a good start.
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how casually he pushes his all-time best 5min power (and 2nd all-time best 20min power) on this type of racing event. He must be in a great shape!!

Thanks Erin and Talbot for that video!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Looks like Lionel did 401w average for 36.5 minutes at 73 kg. So about .75kg less than van Avermaet.

Don't be a Lionel hater;) Apples to nutz!
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing effort from Sanders! Almost like a dream sequence from a kids movie

Was entertaining but another dimension with the real footage inserts added (thanks Talbot! ) . Wouldve been great to see real footage of the swedish guy doing the huge watt end sprint.

By the way, does wurf have zwift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody on here believe that if MVP jumped on that real hill LS would be within 100 metres of them at the end? I think swift needs to rethink it's calibration because it doesn't match reality.

PS I should add get win for brand LS. I hope he gets even more followers now. I still don't think he is going to win Kona but I'm starting to admire him.
Last edited by: newManUK: Apr 6, 20 2:37
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.

MVP can easily average > 450 Watt for that time frame...
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course he wouldnt. He had a great race. MvdP wasn't racing. This was marketing for him.

This field didnt contain high quality pros. Mostly readers. De Ronde Lockdown edition on bkool is where some class pros were riding.

Still awesome race and content from Lionel. He's clearly strong.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Apr 6, 20 2:25
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Everyone likes a guy who works hard. No one likes a guy who tells you how hard he works.

we also hate the guys that says he is not training while he is training... "wow I don't know how I did XYZ when I barely trained..."

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks who think Zwift road racing is remotely similar to road racing have not road raced. If you have raced road and still think it is remotely the same, it's because of current bias/preference.

Kudos on the engine and knowing the platform supremely well. A great opportunity maximized!

Without teams in the mix, you're also going to run into some interesting dynamics a bit different also. Folks might not work it out/control things like they normally could.
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, the road racers that could do some damage in an esports format are those who excel at TTs (and maybe some of the rouleurs who do monster pulls chasing breakaways)... I road race, and Zwift race, and while there are pack dynamics, and some of the tactical elements, there are big differences. In road racing, you get way more power variation, the hard parts are harder, but there's lots of coasting to recover in the pack... Whereas on a trainer, you stop pedalling (except maybe on a downhill), you stop moving... Those who are used to long steady power outputs will do better, because that's what a Zwift race is... There are peaks and valleys, but nothing like how you can actually coast in the middle of the peloton in a bike race... I'd love to see someone like Thomas De Gendt take on someone like Lionel in an erace.. He's a solid TT'er and used to hammering in breakaways, which better replicates the feelings on Zwift, than someone who sits in until the business end of a race...
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys realise that zwift is a silly game and bares no resemblance to real racing right?
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. Been dropped doing both.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ronde Van Zwift - Lionel kicking pro cycling ass [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. It's a video game. The sooner people understand that, the better their experience on Zwift will be.

Great video, Talbot! Good to see Lionel racing with CZCC, too bad he can't come over and join the good guys on IS ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwift is about as close to road racing as masturbation is to sex.
Quote Reply

Prev Next