Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Roll call: IMTX 2018
Quote | Reply
Less than 5 weeks to go:
-Who is in?
-How’s training going?
-How bad will the gator situation will be in Lake Woodlands this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Roll call: IMTX 2018 [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in. A recent HIM (home-made event) suggests the training is going well. The gators are not an issue, its the above average Northerly and Southerly wind speeds we are seeing with the frontal boundaries in East Texas that are getting me excited.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in

Decent weather/wind hoping for

53 min swim
4:55 bike
3:25 run

Under 9:20

Training indicates all that is possible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In. Training is going well but fighting the burnout, particularly on the trainer. This is my first full, and I'm on pace for my goal of finishing ~13:30.

I know there's like a 90% chance it won't be wetsuit legal, but is there any site that keep track of the lake's water temp? I saw on a website for a different race in The Woodlands (here: http://thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/448/Athlete-Information) that they'll start taking the water temp every day starting 4/23 and posting it to a Facebook page, but haven't seen any other place that regularly tracks the water temp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3rd time for me. BOP (14ish hours). Doing Galveston also so peak training is behind me. Fighting a cold (or pollen allergies) so this past weekend which was supposed to be my final build did not go as planned. I'll be fine come race day though.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll call: IMTX 2018 [NOLAgrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest checking the various IMTX groups on Facebook. I did the race last year and there was a guy the last week or two who was checking and posting the temperature at the dock daily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is in?
Me!

How's training going?
Pretty good! Will have a better idea after IMTX 70.3 next weekend. Hoping for a sub 10 finish time.

Last year someone started a thread for IMTX. Perhaps this is the proverbial thread.

Good luck to everyone participating!

Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. First time for IMTX. Pretty excited to race this fast course. Anticipating a 9:30-9:40.

I remember reading last year people were saying it would definitely be wetsuit legal, but then it was kind warm in the weeks leading up to the race and it was not wetsuit legal. I wouldn't assume it's not wetsuit legal so prepare for both.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll call: IMTX 2018 [houtexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve found the pollen in Houston extremely bad this year. Have you?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Training is going well and this will be my second IM and first time at Texas!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. This is my 8th IM.

Training could have been better. Started training Nov 5th 2017 and was consistent, making nice gains. Low back injury on January 28th led to basically sporadic training/recovering in February. Back to normal training volume and intensity since March 1st but not sure what to expect on race day.

Hoping for some forgiving weather conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be my first. Training is day by day, Haha. Big volume weekends the past 2 weekends and just as big the the next two. Im physically tired for my weekday workouts to the point of bailing on couple over the last 2 weeks. But I'm hitting my big runs and rides and excited that I know I've got it in me if I put it together correctly on race day. Easter weekend is going to be tough training wise while traveling 9.5 hours of training in three days with 12 hours of driving thrown in there (plus visiting family). Not sure if it's going to work out.

Was shooting for 12ish hours. Might end up at 13 on a good day now. Who knows, might be 16:30. I'm just ready to taper, Haha.

I'm in The Woodlands. It's been hot (mid 80s) and humid the last few weekends. Here's hoping some dry cool air shows up on race day. Early enough for the wind to die down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 3rd time in Texas. First time the 'run' took longer than the bike. Second ended in a bike crash at mile 65ish. Third time is the charm. Shooting for 9:30ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out unfortunately, had to transfer to Maryland due to ITBS. Good luck to everyone racing, I hope to make it out to cheer y'all on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am with Sean, I am out on Texas this year due to early season injury. I transferred my entry to 2019 when I have aged up to the old man age group of 40-44.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Roll call: IMTX 2018 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
I am with Sean, I am out on Texas this year due to early season injury. I transferred my entry to 2019 when I have aged up to the old man age group of 40-44.

You mean the fast age group?

I am in for TX. Have had some of the best training I have ever done, albeit almost entirely inside, solo & structured through the cold winter ;) My goals are to 1. Finish 2. PR, & 3. KQ, in that order. Sounds like most of you have the same goals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for IMTX!!!

This will be my Second year at IMTX, last year was 13:35. Had a terrible swim, getting in right in front of the wet suit swimmers was an extremely BAD idea!!!! Hell's Highway was good to me but followed it up with a pitiful run. Have put in lots of hard work this year and am hoping for a sub 12hr finish in the M40-44 age group.

Having been in the Woodlands area for many years I know it will come down to race day water temps to tell if its wet suit legal or not. With the lake being so shallow it varies in temp greatly. Last year it was hot for IMTX and wet suit legal for the CB&I sprint that followed like two weeks later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in, and my big hope it to have the race end better than the last time I raced there: hospital stay afterwards....

My fitness is gradually improving, but very suspect as I have been working 2 jobs since December and so training has been sporadic at best.

I can't decide if I want it to be TX hot or mild (like last year).

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. First full. Training is good. Feeling solid.

On the wetsuit. I know there's wetsuit "legal" at 78 and wetsuit "optional" at 83, I think. This race should at least be wetsuit optional right. We haven't had to many days over 83, no way the way is that warm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m in for IMTX can’t wait to race again. This will be my 3rd Texas last one in ‘14. Training is going good, looking to improve on my run. In the AG 40-44 looking to KQ again. Only ran outside twice so far, just to cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

Training going well, tweaked my foot last week unfortunately, so had to take 8 days off running, but should be good to go - hopefully not too much fitness lost.

Been training up in NY so going to have to heat up the pain cave and run outside with multiple layers over the next few weeks to prepare for that awful TX heat/humidity.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for #8
Only training up to 70.3 volume this year. I plan to take it easy and enjoy the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll call: IMTX 2018 [trifit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope to join up next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Who is in?
Me
-How’s training going?
You're supposed to train? Are you serious?
-How bad will the gator situation will be in Lake Woodlands this year?
Hopefully bad enough to cancel the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back for my second time on the course and second IM. Had a solid debut last year (9:19) with a struggle swim (69), solid bike (4:55), & ok run but poor execution (3:06 - laps: 57/63/66)

Training going well. This year I've had a tri/bike coach which has definitely helped. More bike & swim mileage, less run mileage, and no run injuries like last year. Fingers crossed I can crack 9hrs, weather & mechanicals permitting!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply

Prev Next