Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to call - we will be there till 10:00 PM. Remember you lose one hour coming from Chicago, so that is 9:00 PM Chicago time. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [Ken in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went through that crap yesterday. What a nightmare. Humid here in MI the last few days also, but tolerable.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, that's why I'm worried. The earliest I can leave for a 9 hour drive is noon and that's with Chicago traffic being just fine. I can maybe pick up the speed but if traffic is bad, who knows how much longer it will take.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [runnin'grizzly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm "all in" for the 3d straight year!! This is a fantastic race.

I did Racine last week. I don't know if the course has changed the last couple years, but Racine was flat and very fast this year. Steelhead has some challenging rollers for MOPs like me but not a lot. If you're a good rider, you'll have no trouble. The run used to have an obscene hill at mile 1 but i've heard they 86d it in the new course. Without that hill, the run was basically flat but in the post-industrial urban wasteland in Benton Harbor. Not much shade, but it sounds like the changes in the run course this year will provide more shade too.

As long as the weather holds, this is set to be another great race. Thanks to Tom Z. et al.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [west1745] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Bumblebee colored GURU.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [Floating Debris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in too. Oh yeah.

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [emacfarl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing it... hopefully the transfer I'm getting from another member on this board goes through. As for qualifying M20-24.... someone said low 5's. I would have thought something like 4:20ish to 4:30s at worst... then again, it depends on how the conditions are come race day.

"Hey man hey man... your mom still make that Thai food?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! This will be my first half IM and am looking forward to jumping off the pier....and then having a really slow swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!!! I am doing Racine on July 22nd and then Steelhead on August 4th..then taper for Wisconsin IM.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm up for a swim on Friday....no beers until Saturday for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lots of first timers doing this race and i am one of them. looking forward to it and hoping the wind isn't against us the last 14 of the bike.

i didn't read all 6 pages of responses, but it makes me nervous that the RD wants a calm august 5th, considering the race is on august 4th.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race was on August 5th in 2006 - most of this thread is from last year! Let's hope for good weather on from August 1-6 for 2007! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad i read carefully. i thought this was a bit wierd that a roll call was going out so early and people were talking about the weather and being 10 days out.

shouldn't have skipped the coffee this am.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"i didn't read all 6 pages of responses, but it makes me nervous that the RD wants a calm august 5th, considering the race is on august 4th."

For some reason, a few posters before you started replying to last year's roll call, scroll halfway up the page you, hence the "incorrect" date. I know this is a popular race (and this isn't particulary addressed to you), but I'm thinking we could maybe wait until at least 6 weeks before doing a roll call...

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Herbert's fault - he must have not had his coffee this morning! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First half for me but looking forward to it and just hoping I can finish the run

Veritas Endurance Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooops

In Reply To:
It's Herbert's fault - he must have not had his coffee this morning! Z
Quote Reply

Prev Next