Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [Rockhopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Rockhopper, keep in mind the mandatory bike racking on Friday and the time change...

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [jborah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the time change. If you live in Chicago area you can pick up your packet this weekend at Running Away and check in race morning. Crap I am having to get up really early then.

Looking like a color blind super hero!
Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another problem with having an elite wave that does the swim and the rest that doesn't is that this is a 70.3 qualifier. Who would qualify?

This is a moot point anyway its going to be overcast, no wind, zero swell with a nice current flowing north.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [gavnunns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you the one wearing the Peaceful Tribe shirt at Grand Haven? Someone was, and since you were there, it must have been you. :)

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by "time change"???
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [west1745] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Chicago to Michigan one hour time change.

I am considering driving up Friday afternoon.

Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aha - good point - so the race is on CST not EST.

THANKS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Aha - good point - so the race is on CST not EST.

THANKS![/reply]

No the race is on EDT not CDT.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is true that you can pick up your packet this Saturday at Running Away. Do remember that there is NO ON SITE parking this year. The closest parking lot is 1/2 mile away. We will run shuttles, but if you have a bike it obviously does no good soooo, please be careful riding to the race site. Watch for uneven pavement b/c we have quite a bit down here, wear your helmet, and watch for cars.

This note brought to you by your caring volunteer coordinator hoping you have a safe and happy race day. Oh and it won't be Z who looks like he hasn't slept, it will definitely be me. With his good looks and high energy level, you can never tell if he is sleep deprived.

~Christine Borah
The already sleep deprived Steelhead 70.3 Coordinator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in......can you promise me another bike frame (raffle) at the post-race party?
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [CAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Looks!!! No that's Mike Ryan, the real race director! Christine, be sure to get some sleep this weekend! And remember to same some rum from St. Croix for the Saturday night after race party!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was glad to see Ziebart doing IMLP this year once again. He looked really good out there I thought except for the outrageous socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm signed-up but still on the shelf with a busted knee. However, I'll be there cheering on the legion of MSU Spartans racing for the tri team! Go State!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet it is going to be more like a 4:30 or less.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Driving up Saturday from Dallas. Kind of a home coming. Grew up in Grand Haven. Anyone interested in riding the course on Tuesday or so. Easy pace of 18-19. just want to get the lay of the land.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [DS Trainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, you let me beat you and I'll see what I can do... ;-)

see you next weekend.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, sleep is what I will do when I am dead. :-) Anyways, there is a big party on the river this weekend...much better than sleep. :-)

Had a great swim at 6 this morning. Water was glassy and 75-AAAHHH!

Back to roll call. Anyone else racing next Saturday?

~Christine
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [astroswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm signed-up but still on the shelf with a busted knee. However, I'll be there cheering on the legion of MSU Spartans racing for the tri team! Go State!"

Racing with a VIM!

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Aha - good point - so the race is on CST not EST.

THANKS!

I just want to reiterate that the time zone in all of Michigan (including, therefore, St. Joe/Benton Harbor) is EASTERN TIME!

And it won't be EST it will be EDT, Michigan participates in Daylights Savings Time.

so follow Eastern Time.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does it help to pick up the packet in Chicago? If you rack the bik sat morning won't you just get the crummiest spot?
Last edited by: goolsbee: Jul 28, 06 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [CAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure there is no on site parking? I thought the thing we got said something about paying money to be close or else parking for free the half mile away. Am I remembering a different race guide?
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call - Steelhead HIM (MI) [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was planning on driving the morning of the race. Now that I got reminded that there is a clock change I am scrambling for a room somewhere. I might stay somewhere on the way there and take a shorter drive in the morning. Do they have designated bike rack spots? If they do you'll be where they put you.

Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am VERY sure there is no on site parking. WAIT...did you say you are willing to pay money...oh, how much? :-) No seriously, we have 10 lots for athletes only to park in and our volunteers will direct you to those areas on race morning. If you are here early, you get to be a 1/2 mile from race site. If someone is late or messes up the whole time difference thing, than there are lots that are up to .9 miles away. There will be 2 shuttle stops picking up athletes and dropping them at the park. After a certain time, those shuttles will be taking athletes to the swim and MAYBE stopping to pick up late comers.

~Christine Borah
Steelhead 70.3 Coordinator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my 2nd Half...I did Racine two years ago...can anyone compare the bike and run course to Racine?

"Fortitudine vincimus"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racks will be numbered
Quote Reply

Prev Next