Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka wetsuits: pro ii vs. comp ii
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I went through most reviews and posts on the topic but couldn't find much on the comparison between those two wetsuits.

Although my first pick was the elite ii model, I ended up buying a pro ii and a comp ii with the Black Friday offers.

I tried both last weekend and came to the conclusion that the elite was much more flexible in the shoulders (surprise!) vs. the comp which left me with a fairly sore back after the session. (Maybe psychologically) I however felt that the buoyancy on the comp was slightly more forgiving than the pro. This came as a surprise as I assumed that both models had the same build but it may be due to the thicker layer used in the comp.

Although working hard on sinking legs and hips, I am still a fairly poor swimmer and both wetsuits helped me gain about 10sec to the 100m (1:45-1:50 à 1:35) which leaves me with a ? as to which model I should keep vs. sending back: is the higher buoyancy a real thing with the comp or just a feeling given Roka argues all their models have the same build? Should I privilege the flexibility/feel of the pro or the “beginner-friendliness” of the comp as I continue to work on my technique, ultimately hoping to become a better swimmer (long way to go!)?

Thanks,
B
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuits: pro ii vs. comp ii [Bertrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Bertand,

We just sent you a PM!

Best,
Jessica

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuits: pro ii vs. comp ii [Bertrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried both the same as you and couldn’t feel a difference in shoulder flexibility...but I did notice the buoyancy in the comp. If you’re more comfortable in the pro ii, and your shoulders feel that bad after the comp ii test then stick with the pro imo.
Quote Reply