Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Wetsuits - sizing and UK stock
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Question in two parts;

1) Roka Comp II sizing. I'm 5' 9-and-a-bit inches, or 176cm in American. I'm currently 11 stone 6lbs (160lbs in American if my maths is right) but expect to race at 11 stone in a few months. My chest is 39 inches, but my waist is skinny - around 30-31 inches. I have fairly broad shoulders and some muscle on my upper arms. I bought a end of line Roka Maverick Pro I about 5 years ago in a size Small. I fell out of the sport due to illness and life getting in the way but am back on the horse again... trying it on now the suit is almost certainly too small - very tight around the chest. Biggest problem is probably the tightness around the neck - it feels very restrictive and my neck veins bulge out like I'm being throttled. I don't want to find myself light-headed in the middle of a Fjord come August.

I'm inclined to swap for a new suit, in the next size up. The charts recommend me a Medium. What say you? I have read previous threads on sizing but neck tightness is not mentioned and I'm not sure whether to expect something different in the newer models.

2) Anybody have any direct experience of waiting for Roka to come back into stock on the UK store? I'm after the Roka Comp II and have a 25% BTF discount I want to use, but the Medium is out of stock. I've registered for a notification for when it comes back into stock but I don't know if that is days, weeks or months. If it is likely to be much more than a couple of weeks I might look at a Huub as it is OW season now and I'm keen to get swimming in my race wetsuit.

Appreciate any input.

Cheers all,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuits - sizing and UK stock [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry guys, I think I am sorted. I picked up the phone (a novel idea!!) and spoke to somebody at Roka - unfortunately they are not expecting stock in the UK or EU until the end of the month or early June. I'll have to have a think about whether I'm ok waiting this long as I'm very keen to get sorted for my race wetsuit. I did consider using the Global store who do have stock, and was pleased to see my BTF discount did work, but when you add another 130 quid for shipping and vat/customs...
Quote Reply