Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Wetsuit Too Small and Too Large at Same time???
Quote | Reply
Hi Team.

Needed to update my wetsuit wardrobe and decided on trying Roka Maverick and Maverick Pro 2. Was really looking forward to trying these suits..... When I was younger I used to mostly race in XS / S for Blu Seventy (and, when they were Ironman), TYR, Zoot, and Aquaman.... Then was 5'7'' and 133 - 143 pounds for race weight (depending on year and race) and 153-159 pounds now (mostly muscular / Rock Climbing / Gym, etc..). For Roka, I grabbed their Medium Full Sleeved (per the size guide), and unfortunately, I swim slower in them than without a wetsuit (no, it wasn't a water temperature issue). Felt like I was working out my delts in the gym. I adjusted the wetsuit a few times too to see maybe if it was a 'fit' issue with where the rubber was. Didn't make much of a difference... That being said, at the same time, water was coming in from the neck more than I was used to with my past wetsuits.... I want to try 'sizing up' but am afraid more water is going to pour in.

The customer service team there was great and they suggested that maybe I size up and that I try it out in the water first (of which I had no idea I can do...). I'm contemplating doing this..... The only problem is that I don't want Roka to send more wetsuits if the larger ones are not going to work - don't want them or myself to go through the hassle. Curious to everyone's thoughts on this and if anyone has had similar problems????

I want to like these wetsuits because they seem like they are constructed very well. I was sure even if the fit was off I was going to swim 'faster' and not 'slower'. But, I was wrong...

Thank You...

A note - best wetsuit I ever had was a long john (sleeveless) Blu Seventy. Had all my fastest swims in that. However, being told sleeved is always faster and also when I had races with cold water swims (50's and low 60's) made me go back to sleeved. (did a race in 50s with sleeveless and was praying for sleeves). I have never had luck with sleeves (sadly). Any recommendations??????

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuit Too Small and Too Large at Same time??? [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 5’7”, 150 lbs and struggled to find a wetsuit that fit properly. I ended up buying a De Soto 2 piece last year since I could pair a smaller bottom piece (size 3) with a larger top (size 4). It’s way more comfortable across my shoulders and chest than my last wetsuit (Tyr Hurricane Cat 5 - size S/M).
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuit Too Small and Too Large at Same time??? [IGotSix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Will try this over the winter. Think the two pisece will be the way to go. That, or a Deboer... Everthing is crazy $$ these days. But, just want to figure out the problem so that I don't have to keep tackling every now and then...

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply