Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Maverick X & My Ankles
Quote | Reply
Just purchased a Roka Maverick X wetsuit and love it minus one factor. When stripping it off, it gets stuck around my upper ankle / lower calf. Obviously not good coming into T1 and having problems like this causing unnecessary time spent getting the wetsuit off. I have practiced taking it off wet, and still have the same issue. Any one have a work around? I was thinking of cutting off 2"-3" off the legs, but hate to do that to a $800+ wetsuit.

Coming from a low end Zone3, I never had this problem. I did notice that the Roka has a lot more insulation around the ankle / lower calf area than the Zone3 which I think is the cause to the problem.

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick X & My Ankles [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had and continue to have the exact problem with mine...looking forward to anything anyone can chime in with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put liberal amounts of Body Glide around my ankles, heels, wrists, etc to help speed the process of getting my wetsuit off.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick X & My Ankles [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried that too as well as rolling them up an inch or two so they kinda "pop" off like some other brands encourage. No luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep that's the X...loves to stick to your skin right there.

I actually switched to the new 2018 Elite as I love the flexibility of the X, but the calf panels, the fabric forearm and tight cuff male me sad face.

The Elite is almost as flexible and pops off the calf and over the Garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Elite and am going to be chopping the ankles before next weekend. Doing so has been recommended to me by a number of people, just be careful about it and you'll be fine. I must admit I'm a little scared to do it too though.
Quote Reply