Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Inbox Assult
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or is Roka sending out so many emails that it's actually turning you off of their products and promotions? I've counted 14 emails in the past 30 days which is every other day pretty much. I'd hate to miss a sale but it appears they are not anything special because they are having one every week!

Sadly I can't take it anymore and I'm clicking the unsubscribe button ... Farewell Roka

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: PushThePace: Jun 5, 18 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1.

I am no longer a fan for that reason. They are to the point of harassment now IMO with the constant flood of marketing email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a mass mailer from them this week in snail mail. Addressed to "Resident".

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I unsubbed last week as well... I've stayed on mainly because I'm hoping they return to cycling gear but I can only handle so many sunglasses emails...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same ... I get it, you sell sunglasses. Once a week on the emails is more than plenty, but they were coming in several times a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s funny I had the exact same problem after I bought my wetsuit. I emailed them to ask them to stop harassing me, which elicited further emails asking me to rate that interaction with them.

I think it’s well meaning just a bit overenthusiastic. I have a very good impression of them overall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - I hate it. That combined with the frequent sales.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [Johnny Blaze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree I have zero issues with their products and I have plenty of their current and past product catalog. I have had some wonderful customer experiences as well. It just seems we need to bring it to the attention of their marketing department. Perhaps have a newsletter that you can subscribe to the things that you are interested in e.g Cycling Gear, Swim sweat, Running Gear so your inbox is hit with relevant product launches and sales.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? It can’t be any worse than the emails I get from Ironman to buy more of their shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This probably indicates 1 of 2 things.

1. A recent change in the leadership of the marketing department.
2. A recent change in the software used by the marketing department.

I used to work for a company that makes Marketing Automation software - essentially it made it easy for people to spam the shit out of your with deals emails every day. Examples of this software are made by Hubspot, Marketo, Act-On, etc.

The best examples of these platforms support VERY strict exhaustion limits. You can make sure that people only receive a maximum # of emails per time period to make sure you're not burning out customers. Most marketers don't use those features, but the really saavy ones do.

The marketing department has a quota of sales to generate on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis. Often time the people doing these jobs aren't users of the products they are peddling. Unfortunately for us, it's proven time and time again that a good targeted email marketing campaign is extremely effective in driving sales, so marketing people continue doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Really? It can’t be any worse than the emails I get from Ironman to buy more of their shit.

Sadly, it is. Roka emails in the last 30 days out number WTC 2:1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I unsubscribed this month also. Way too many emails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likewise. 9 emails since May 21st is too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paging Rob... Care to comment?
Last edited by: Skyline Chili: Jun 5, 18 18:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The most popular email service, Gmail, sorts mail into categories, including Promotions. It is now common for retailers to send frequent promotions; if they don't, their messages slip down in the Promotions box and go unnoticed. Roka's mail frequency is not out of line, in my experience. Number of emails sent to me by retailer in the month of May:

Leftlane Sports: >40
Bike Nashbar: 30
Biketiresdirect: 24
New York Times: >23
Roka: 13
Slowtwitch: 10 (includes followed threads)

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:

How wrong you are! When it comes to e-mail ads, Ironman is a piker compared to Roka.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to be a lot... my Gmail tosses them all on the Promotions that I rarely look through. Big fan of their R1 goggles and jammers... but it seems like they're going the way of Xterra/Rudy... perpetual sale and discount which I don't mind but whatever. A friend of mine had on the aviators at a race... wife really liked them and I told her they were jacked... probably getting a pair for Father's Day, can see that one already.

I should probably put a discount code out somewhere so she can stumble on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are trying to keep up with Xterra ?!?!?! ;)

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just in from Roka via my inbox to celebrate "Global Running Day!" I need to go buy sunglasses. No thanks. Running gear? Maybe, but none of that is mentioned in the email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just unsubscribed now.....this last Global Running Day mail was the last straw

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Inbox Assult [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I had spoken to the Customer Service team and it looks like you can tailor the emails towards what you're after. When you login and go to your account just check the items that you want. This should resolve the issues for some of us.

I just wanted to share as I didn't mean to start a thread that was bashing them and I felt it only fair to highlight they have this ability. Like I said previously, I've had good experiences with Roka with the exception to the emails.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! Sunglasses fatigue. What happened to the good stuff? Emailed ROKA Customer Service yesterday to ask if I could opt out of the never-ending sunglasses promos. Answer was no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same. I unsubscribed a few months ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 emails yesterday. One for a presale on sunglasses (hurrah, yet another sunglasses email). The second, to tell me that I'm going to get another email tomorrow.

I really cant wait - oh yes I can. Unsubscribed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed. i unsubscribed a while back. i have a pair of their sunglasses and LOVE them, but i seriously dont think a vendor should send more than 1 email out a week.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply