Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rockman SwimRun 2024 partner
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a race partner for the 2024 Rockman swimrun. This will take place in Stavanger, Norway on July 13 2024. I was going to do this race solo, but they changed the course to require teams due to the difficulty of the race and remote locations.

The course for 2024 has only been done once before in 2014. It is a difficult course with 45km running and 6km swimming. The running will be very technical trail running--website says "extreme trail running required" :)

I did this race in 2022 (but an abbreviated course) and it was one of the best experiences of my life--absolutely amazing. You run to the top of pulpit rock during the race! Next year promises to be even better! The views and mountains and fjords that you will experience in this race are unbelievable and unmatched. It will be epic.

I am a 44 year old guy, sub 3 hr marathoner (but that PR was several years ago, I'm not currently doing marathon training). I am an experienced trail runner and have done multiple 100k ultras. My swimming is fine—Ironman swim split of 51 minutes a few years ago (current assisted at Cozumel though!). I'm looking for a partner with ultra and trail running expertise and ironman level endurance for the race of a lifetime. It may be another 10 years before this race is offered again. Similar run pace and endurance would be ideal. Swim pace parity is not as important since you can stay together with a tether.

I have done several swim run events over past couple of years, so if you are new to this sport I can definitely help with details of gear, etc. It's easy and so much fun!

Send me a message if you are interested or post if any questions!!
Last edited by: bphaedrus: Nov 4, 23 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: Rockman SwimRun 2024 partner [bphaedrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply