Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roadies VS Triathletes- speed and power???
Quote | Reply
I used to be able to hang with the roadies last year in the group rides but after spending the last 3 months slowing down and basebuilding and working on my endurance, my top end speed has evaded me. I cant keep up with the roadie guys in the sprints anymore, the only thing I can do is pull and usually can pull at 24-25mph. I know thats not as fast as you guys but what can I do to get my sprint strength and top end speed back while maintaining my endurance. I would like to be able to take these guys down again especially while on my tricycle but I dont want it to ruin my endurance for the betterment of my ego, ha.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Roadies VS Triathletes- speed and power??? [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know what you mean. I ride with a group on saturdays. I can pull and hang with them. Where I get into trouble is the sprinting out of corners and the constant pace changes up and down. I am used to riding a constant pace. My problem lies in the quick buildup of lactate acid due to sprints and sudden accelerations. You might want to do some short interval work if this is your problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you answered your own question. Just look at where you are falling short comparatively, then incorporate some of that into your rides.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You shouldn't be too surprised, you're riding like you've trained. If you want to sprint then train for it. Doing some higher paced training won't hurt you endurance and my even help it.

greg
Quote Reply