Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road bike vs. Tri. bike
Quote | Reply
I understand the importance being comfortable with your position on your bike.Spending time on my TT/TRI bike is hard thing for me to do.What % in season are you on each.Include MTB. etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25% TT bike

75% road bike
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In season: 75% Tri, 25% Road

Off season: 80% Road, 20% Tri

I've seen too many femurs shooting through skin to ride MTB. Gave it up after a particularly nasty endo.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10% tri bike...this includes races.

90% road bike

off season: 90%road, 10%mountain.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [Tommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Gary in SD:

25% TT
75% Road

I just don't like logging 'junk' miles on my TT bike.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You couldn't pry me off of my P3 with a crowbar. 100% of my rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [loopfitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you take the p3 on group rides, like with roadies??? don't they give you crap??? how about long climbing rides?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% of the time on the Softride, even have a SR set-up on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a road bike (Trek 5200) But I ride my P3 as much as possible. I don't know why but I love the ride and I am sooooo comfortable on it. I sometimes feel like I could fall to sleep when I'm out spinning easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't live near any mountains, mostly just rolling countryside outside the city I live and I don't do any group rides with roadies because I got tired of having to slow down to wait for them to catch up. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do all my solo rides on my tri bike and all my group rides on a road bike. Since I'm doing Ironman this year I will be on a tri bike a lot more then normal. I read Armstrong spends quite a bit of time on his time trial bike. I wonder if there is any truth to that?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
66% Tri

33% mountain bike

I have studded tires on the mountain bike so that I can continue to do an outdoor ride through most of the winter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% Tri bike. Even on group rides with roadies. If you can keep up, nobody minds, as long as you don't use your aerobars in the pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that you all have too many bikes (maybe I'm jealous). I have one bike and one bike only that I ride outdoors and it is the tri-bike that I race on as well....... And when I can convince my wife that I need to buy another bike it will be an upgrade that is also a tri-bike that I will do all my riding on......
Quote Reply
Upgrading... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allen, just make sure you realize it's much cheaper to upgrade bikes than to upgrade spouses! I'd keep the same spouse; even if it meant you had to forgo upgrading your bike! I never got to ride a P2K, because I couldn't find one nearby in my size, but either that, a Cervelo Dual, or a Kestrel Talon might do BOTH jobs nicely for you; it's worth a look when you get to that point.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs. Tri. bike [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would throw the cervelo soloist into that mix as well... or the cervelo one. Tom demerly has a very interesting and thorough review on the soloist... I am pretty sure there is a review of it on the slow twitch site as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading... [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duals and Talons are definitely out. Can't get 650 wheels and there's no way I'm going to spring for a new bike and new race wheels at the same time. Actually, as much as I want a new bike, I don't really NEED a new bike. I'd rather spend the money going to races and on a new wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading... [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only time I get on my Softride TT bike is to actually race. Otherwise its all road bike.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply