Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ritchey wheel opinions
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the Ritchey Comp wheels? I am looking for a set of training wheels for a road bike I just built. I only use my road bike for training so reliability is the primary concern. Looks like Nashbar has a great deal on them and I was wondering if they are any good. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ritchey wheel opinions [tjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've sold a lot of Ritchey wheels as OEM and as aftermarket. Our experiences wth them have actually been very good. I would not hesitate to recommend them- especially if you scored a sweet deal.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sorry to say my experience with Ritchey wheels was a total failure. Ritchey is OEM on my Cervelo Dual purchased last year, and with only one year on them I pulled the plug and replaced them with Velomax. Maybe because I am a big guy (190 lbs) they weren't strong enough for me, but I became frustrated beyond belief with how seriously and frequently they went out of true on rides. Sorry, not sure exactly what model Ritchey wheel it was. Hope you have better luck than I did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same Ritchey's that are getting dumped at Nasbar/Performance every couple months (at least I think they are them...that's where I got them - I could check the model tonight, if you really care let me know) In any case, I think they are really tough, albeit not so light (cheap, light or tough, pick 2 - right?) I have them on my commuter/'cross bike and I pretty much abuse them. Dirt roads, potholes, hopping curbs, fire roads. I think that Tom Ritchey fellow has his stuff together, and I would not hesitate recomending these (at least the ones I have).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Ritchey DS that came with my Cervelo One. These are good training wheels. No problems with them until my three year old put a stick in the wheel when I spun it. But they could be trued again at my bike shop.
I can recommend them.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think some of the negative experience with Ritchey wheels is from their OEM product. The Ritchey DS wheels at the OE level are not the same as the ones you'd buy from Ritchey.

Ritchey's production wheels will be hand built and use premium spokes for construction. You won't get that in an OE wheel.

Find out the who,what where hows on the wheel and I'm sure you'll be happy.

Regards,
Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Ritchey wheel opinions [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our experience with the Ritchey OEM wheels have been overwhelmingly good. Better, in fact, that some high end aftermarket wheelsets costing much more.

We sold a lot of them on Cervelo Duals and other bikes. Zero problems. Absolutely zero...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply