Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ritchey Liquid Torque / FSA /TACX friction paste
Quote | Reply
I have a seatpost that just won't stay put, probably more to do with my fat A$$ than anything else. Has anyone had experience with these friction pastes that are available from Ritchey, FSA and TACX? If so, to what extent do these work? I've seen them mentioned in other posts, but can't find much in the way of first hand experience. I have tried all the usual tricks, pop can, hairspray etc. My post will slip about .25 inches over a 4 hour ride, its enough to be annoying. I've also tried different seatposts, its primarily caused by a poorly designed seat clamp.

Thanks for any feedback.

David
Last edited by: kytri: Jan 10, 07 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Ritchey Liquid Torque / FSA /TACX friction paste [kytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen this article?

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/11432.0.html

I'd say try it in any event. It's cheaper than throwing out your post (or frame).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just used some on my carbon post that was always slipping into my carbon frame, and it hasnt slipped this week. I say its worth checking out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try lightly sanding the seatpost? worked for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they work great! not sure it'll cure your seatpost but they've worked great for me on aerobars, stems and my seatpost...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just looping back on this in case anyone else is interested in this stuff. I was able to find some and it really seems to work well so far. 4 hours in the saddle and no slippage.
Quote Reply