Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ride peloton one leg
Quote | Reply
I had surgery on my one foot and in a walking boot for 6 weeks. Could I ride my peloton with one foot ..lol. Or would that cause so problems ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [mstrlucky74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you have done?

people do single leg spin drills, no? So a little bit should be ok. I think you'd want to be careful doing lots so as not to develop muscle imbalances.

I was in a boot for quite awhile in summer 2021 due to foot surgery. I lifted weights w my upper body and swam once I was cleared to do so.
Other things you might consider are those ski erg things

keep us updated as to how you are.
Best,
tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode the trainer one legged when I had a broken foot and had a cast on my leg. It definitely helped me learn how to spin instead of mash the pedals.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a torn ligament(ruptured plantar plate) and badly dislocated toe where the bone had to be shaved.

I'm just trying to get some cadio in. I was going to do about 10-15 minutes a few days a week.
Last edited by: mstrlucky74: Oct 22, 23 17:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had countless foot failures. Honestly, the best thing you can do is swim. Max out swimming as soon as the doc clears you to be in a pool, and take advantage of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That won't be for 4-6 weeks. I not allowed to really flex the foot at all. Need something in the meantime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should go watch Lucy Charles Barclay's YouTube channel. There's a bunch of footage of her riding the bike in a boot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can swim without flexing your foot. Not very efficient, but beneficial. I’ve had two foot surgeries, including broken metatarsal with screws. You can spin one-footed, but swimming is the best overall, until you can truly return to the two-footed stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had achilles surgery on 9/13. On 10/2 i got my cast off and am now in a boot. I put a flat pedal on my trainer bike and ride in the boot with my heel on the pedal. The doctor gave that as a way to cross train. At first i could do only z1 but as my achilles has recovered i can now get to high z2.

I had to lower the seat a tad.

Ask your doctor what you can do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
You should go watch Lucy Charles Barclay's YouTube channel. There's a bunch of footage of her riding the bike in a boot.
THANK YOU
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
I had achilles surgery on 9/13. On 10/2 i got my cast off and am now in a boot. I put a flat pedal on my trainer bike and ride in the boot with my heel on the pedal. The doctor gave that as a way to cross train. At first i could do only z1 but as my achilles has recovered i can now get to high z2.

I had to lower the seat a tad.

Ask your doctor what you can do.

Ty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
You can swim without flexing your foot. Not very efficient, but beneficial. I’ve had two foot surgeries, including broken metatarsal with screws. You can spin one-footed, but swimming is the best overall, until you can truly return to the two-footed stuff.
TY
Quote Reply
Re: Ride peloton one leg [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:

I searched quick and couldn’t find any
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
You can swim without flexing your foot.

19 years ago I had an accident that badly damaged my left leg. My left ankle has only a few degrees range of motion, combined with a size 12.5 / 4E foot I might as well be swimming in a boot...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it was this video:

Quote Reply