Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of Stinson which I really didn't like, the felt heavy and clumpy. I was going to ditch Hokas, but someone mentioned the Cliftons, so I bought a pair of Clifton 3s and loved them. Got 1500km out of them and was going to get another pair, but they have been superseded and I can't find the 3s anywhere. So I've bought the Clifton 4s, but they seem quite different. I'm not liking them. Is there another Hoka model that is similar to the Clifton 3? I quite liked the relative light weight, the 4s are heavier.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the Nike Zoom Fly. I have run in Clifton’s and I like the zoom fly better. It seems like they took what people liked in the Clifton and improved on it. I been running in it since September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you use the search feature, or go onto the "Sales" section of the Hoka website, there are still some Clifton 3s available.

Hoka One One - Field Service Rep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Kelly's Warehouse for old models. I've got Hokas from them, and Clifton 3s specifically.

I like the Clifton 3 also, and I like the Tracers as a little brother to the Cliftons. Check those out, as a little lower and lighter alternative.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/gear/rs/hoka-one-one-napali-first-look/
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
Try Kelly's Warehouse for old models. I've got Hokas from them, and Clifton 3s specifically.

I like the Clifton 3 also, and I like the Tracers as a little brother to the Cliftons. Check those out, as a little lower and lighter alternative.

Hey mate, yeah I have some tracers too which I use for intervals :)

No dice at Kellys, only size 8.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kblahetka wrote:
http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/gear/rs/hoka-one-one-napali-first-look/

Ah awesome, that sounds what I'm after!
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [ZackP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackP wrote:
If you use the search feature, or go onto the "Sales" section of the Hoka website, there are still some Clifton 3s available.

I'm in Australia and they have none on their Hoka site and we can't order from US site, but the workaround is using a freight forwarding company, which gives you a US post box, so I've managed to order some from the US, site. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Lmoorevt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this recommendation. I just burned through the last pair of Clifton3s I was able to find in my size, so I ordered the Zoom Fly. I haven't done a long run yet, but I loved them for the two short runs I've done so far, one transition run on the treadmill and a 50-minute tempo run outside. Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought to switch to Nikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Napali is the Clifton 3 with a better upper.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lighter too.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need a new pair - you guys have piqued my interest.
Had Clifton 1-2, heard all the whining about the Clifton 4 so I got something else.
I think i'll try the Napali.
Doesnt hurt that its cheaper too!
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still going with either Skechers or Altra for my next max cushion shoe, since I'd have to cut open the napali's toe box like I did with the Clifton 3s. Plus, less drop elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unlike others, I guess, I actually find the clifton 4 pretty comfy.

But can anyone compare them to the Arahi 2's, or the Gaviota's??

Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in the Cliftons and just got a pair of the new Machs. I have enjoyed them so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently changed my Clifton 3s for the Adidas Supernova and love them
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the heel counter feel? I think shoe companies have been really slow to try things that help with Achilles rub.

Nike even make a special Pegasus with a cut down heel just for Mo Farah. Why wouldn't they think other runners might like the same thing?
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
How does the heel counter feel? I think shoe companies have been really slow to try things that help with Achilles rub.

Nike even make a special Pegasus with a cut down heel just for Mo Farah. Why wouldn't they think other runners might like the same thing?

It doesn't bother me at all. 100% non-issue, at least for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saucony does pretty mimimal/discretr heel counters. Then again I'm not really sensitive to the matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I appreciate the thought, I'll have a look. It isn't a huge problem for me but it's one of the things I keep an eye on and I like that Adidas are trying something different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am giving the Napali a try after a round with the Altra Torin 2.5. I still like the Torin, and ordered an Altra Solstice to use for my “travel” shoe, but the Napali seems to fit pretty well and the change in the toebox shape vs. the Torin is not a big deal so far. I also wanted to move to a slightly higher drop, and the Napali does that for me.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a longer run in this weekend in the Zoom Flys (12 miles). Took more than 2 minutes off my 10-mile PR and even set a 10k PR during the run. This was just a training run with no taper or anything, though weather and path conditions were near perfect (low traffic, but a few big puddles to splash through). The shoes? Placebo? All I know is Nike has me in their clutches now.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jelana wrote:
Got a longer run in this weekend in the Zoom Flys (12 miles). Took more than 2 minutes off my 10-mile PR and even set a 10k PR during the run. This was just a training run with no taper or anything, though weather and path conditions were near perfect (low traffic, but a few big puddles to splash through). The shoes? Placebo? All I know is Nike has me in their clutches now.

Did you (or anyone else) notice a difference with a change from a 4mm drop (Clifton) to a 10mm Drop (Nike)?
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [Lmoorevt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was a big Hoka fan for a long time but when they grew so fast it seemed they lost their original mojo. Recently found the NB Beacon. A super shoe.... springy, light 7.5oz. and very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for Hoka Clifton 3 [evfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoka Napali are Clifton 3's, They are exclusive to runningwarehouse.com as they are not even on Hoka website

I have a few pair and can attest they are the identical shoe as the clifton 3

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/...escpage-HONA1M4.html

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply

Prev Next