Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Repair Biknd Helium bladder
Quote | Reply
I have a small puncture in one of the bladders in my Biknd Helium bike bag. I can't find, anywhere, what sort of patch and/or adhesive to use for repair.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [Kiwinid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried contacting Biknd and see if they can send you a new bladder? Same thing happened to mine and they sent me a new pair. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [kayumanggi65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be happy to contact them, but have not been able to do so. Contact Us on site does not seem to work. If all else fails, I might write to them by snail mail or call them in Canada.

A free replacement would be nice. I know I can buy a new bladder, but they are not cheap.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by: Kiwinid: Jun 24, 18 21:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have the original or V2 model? I found a puncture in my original but in the V2 I found the internal seams where the bag is bonded to form the ribs had seemed to be pulling apart probably from over inflating and that being exacerbated when you put in an aircraft hold and the outside air pressure makes it worse. I just got a tube of silicone and put a thin smear over all the leaks and areas and fixed it up. The original I just put a bike tube patch on.
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it is the original Helium, but I'm not sure if it is V1, V2, or V3, but it is not the V4, which is a re-design.

I haven't even looked for the puncture.

Thanks for letting me know an ordinary tube patch worked. May try that if I don't hear of anything more Helium-specific.
Last edited by: Kiwinid: Jun 24, 18 22:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I meant the V4 not V2.The V4 bladder is made of a different material and silicone works well on but a patch was fine on the original.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found a few small holes in mine, and used a tube patch kit sticker to cover the punctures. Basically, the small circular clear adhesive patch sticker.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Further confirmation that a simple tube patch will work.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 8 brand new Biknd bladders. I don't use them as I have found a much more effective way of packing my wheels without them.

Unfortunately Biknd has gone out of business so, if you need replacement bladders let me know
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [2WheeledTourist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If those bladders are for the V4 helium I will purchase them. I need 2 rights and 2 lefts.
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [nedmario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had 4 different Biknd bags over tge years and they have all used the same bladders.

These one are from the Biknd Oxygen wheel bags.

Les
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in a pair.
Do you still have some?
Quote Reply
Re: Repair Biknd Helium bladder [jmdapozzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replied to your question but I can't find the post.

Yes I have 4 pairs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I will happily take your spare bladders, I live in Madrid, I will happily buy then and pay postage. Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately Biknd has gone out of business so, if you need replacement bladders let me know

Indeed - that may be the case. Although organizations as large as Outside/Velo don't seem to know this publishing this glowing review of the Helium Case just last Fall - https://velo.outsideonline.com/road/road-gear/biknd-helium-bike-case-review/

I've personally owned and used a Helium Case for 5+ years. I've had a few over the years, but I must say the Helium is the best of ALL of them. It's take the best attributes of a hard and soft case and combined them into one product and added the extra protection element of air filled protection bladders. You can carry 2 pairs of wheels with limited extra bulk. Bikes pack up reasonably quickly, and they roll and move effortlessly.

I have got the art/science of traveling with this down pat - I have gone away for up to 3 - 4 weeks on riding trips traveling with the bike, with a Carry-On and the Helium Case! Because of it's semi-rigid build, the Helium is not the lightest case out there, but you can still pack a good amount of extra gear in it and keep it under the magic 50 lbs number!

Unfortunate they are out of business. When this Helium case wears out. Not sure what I will do?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 26, 24 9:53
Quote Reply