Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rental Car Recommendations??
Quote | Reply
I'm heading out to Ralph's next month, and need to reserve a car. Any recommendations on what size I'll need in order to fit my Trico case into the boot or the back seat? I figure a minivan, SUV or full size car will work with no problems, but what about a midsize?

Thanks in advance.

jason
Quote Reply
Re: Rental Car Recommendations?? [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you alone or with family? Other luggage? Which bike case is the Trico? Is it that big black one that you roll around on 4 wheels or the "clam shell", flatter one?

I fit two iron cases in the backseat of a small compact 4dr, with 2 small luggage in the trunk. You might consider a biiger car if you plan on driving long.
Quote Reply
Re: Rental Car Recommendations?? [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm heading out there with my wife, with enough stuff for a week, probably 2 medium sized suitcases plus the bike and carryons. We are planning on doing some sightseeing after the race, neither of us have ever been to So Cal, which is part of the reason for wanting to go to Ralphs.

The Trico is a gray clamshell case with seven straps to hold everything together. I own a small station wagon, so I have no idea what North American sedans are capable of holding.

I've reserved a Ford Explorer, figured I'd see what all the fuss over these SUV's is about, but if I can comfortably fit everything into something a bit cheaper that would be ideal.

J.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Rental Car Recommendations?? [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently visited San Diego and Enterprise Car Rental at the airport was FANTASTIC, free upgrade etc.
Quote Reply