Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn Disc freehub question
Quote | Reply

I've emailed Frank but haven't got a response yet so i'll put my question to the slowtwitch gurus.

I have a campag renn disc, can I get a replacement freehub to convert it to shimano?
I've heard it can be converted this way but not shimano to campy anyone got any input?

Also the freehub looks extremely similar to a number of other freehubs, is the Renn hub compatible with any other freehubs?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc freehub question [triguynz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've investigated that before with the disc you just bought, not easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asked Frank the exact same question and unfortunately, you can't change the freehub on a Renn... I used to ride Shimano on my tri bike and Campy on all my road bikes, which was a pain, so I decided to convert the tri bike as well to Campy... the only way for me to continue to use my Renn disc was to get a conversion cassette (ended up with American Classic, which works just fine, albeit a bit heavy).

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc freehub question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yip, looks like I should of looked into a bit more closely before bidding.

My two back up options were campag cassette and machine a sliver (0.1 mm approx) off each spacer (still wouldn't get the right spacing but I don't fancy machining down sprockets).
Or use a Jtek shift adaptor.
Have you got any experience with either of these options?

Any recommendations
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc freehub question [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

I've considered conversion cassettes, problem for me is I'm going the wrong way. Most conversion cassettes are for shimano hub to campag spacing where as I'm after the opposite.
I'm sure I'll find an ok work around...or I've just gained a pretty garage decoration :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everyones input.

Frank emailed me and sure enough slowtwitch was right you can't swap freehubs on Renn discs. Looking at the photos on the website it appears there is a significant difference in the dimensions of the ratchet/pawls, much bigger diameter on the shimano version.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a jtek on one bike (shimano mech, campag shifters), don't like it much - slips out of phase occasionally. It's listed for replacement in the equipment budget.
Could get a machine shop to do 8 2.25mm spacers for a Veloce 10s cassette (to get 3.95mm cog spacing).
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disc freehub question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get a shimano/sram spaced 10 sp cluster that slides onto 9/10 campy freewheel from clemenzo.com. Its called a marchisio multikit, product code MTKL-C10-S10.

https://clemenzo.com/.../view/12/31/lang,en/

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Sep 10, 09 15:11
Quote Reply