Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend some TT bars...
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy a good set of TT bars...do not want a set of clip-ons....what do the masses suggest???? thanks, Dean
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some TT bars... [6cuda6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed the Vision base bar and tt clip ons. I know you don't want clip ons, but it looks like an integrated bar, but adjustable. I used to have the Vision integrated bar, but couldn't get comfortable...no problems with the base bar and clip on. I think I might look into the R bend clip ons as soon as I can get a hold of one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The masses have clip-ons.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Oval Concepts A900 carbon integrated bars. I have also used the Vision Tech Integrated bars. The Oval Concepts are better than the Vision Tech bars because they are adjustable in terms of bar width and length, and because the stem is not integrated in the Oval Concepts they are more adjustable there as well because you can choose your stem length. The quality of the Vision Tech bars is excellent, the only downside to them is you must figure out exactly what size you want in advance in terms of extension length and stem length, and you cannot adjust much from there. The Oval Concepts bars are a bit pricey, but you buy them and can adjust them to fit you any way you would like. Hope this helps.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find an old set of Scott DH bars... ;^)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just put a set of the VT Carbon Tri max on my bike..........absolutely gorgeous

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT Bars? I think you mean tittie bars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of bicycle do you have?
What color/year is it?
What size is it?

Answer these questions first, then I shall point out the answer to your first question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOVE MY HED BARS! but yeah there are lots of other nice bars out there too. Always thought my Syntace C2 bars were comfy but not very sexy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cuda, I would recommend the A900 bars that GDnenn mentioned in his post above. The bars are infinitely adjustable as mentioned. I had the Profile Carbon X bars before which I actually liked once I highly modified them but they have an integrated stem which I think is a draw back when you are trying to dial in your position or change it to a more aggressive position over time.

Good Luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get some HED, then switch the armpads to Profile F-19. The setup is awesome.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some TT bars... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cousin, I like the Hed bars and actually had them on order but when I saw the Oval A900s I switched my order. The reason I did this is because they are more adjustable than the Heds. The gentleman who fit me agreed about the Ovals as well.

Just thought I would add that for a contrast for Cuda, as I am sure the Heds are a good choice as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some TT bars... [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Oval A900s, I've seen 'em and like 'em. I'd be tempted to go that way. When I bought my HEDs the A900 wasn't an option. If it had been, I'd have taken longer to make the decision. I think they're both first rate.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Looking to buy a good set of TT bars...do not want a set of clip-ons....what do the masses suggest???? thanks, Dean[/reply]

While I can understand your not wanting clipons, I just replaced my Oval one-piece aluminum (R700?) with a visiontech base bar, and clipons made from profile Jammer GT's with the extensions replaced by a mountain-bike bar cut in half (they have a slight upsweep in the position I have). They are the best bars I have ever had. Reasonably aero, lighter than my last set, and MUCH more adjustable. I can send u a photo if you want.
Quote Reply