Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear der pulleys
Quote | Reply
How easy are those supposed to free spin? A little drag? Spin like a top? Are they supposed to have any lateral play?

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear der pulleys [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No slop. Spin smooth. This is one area where you can LOSE a lot to bad bearings since they rotate faster than any other part of your drivetrain. If you are in doubt, replace them. They are usually about $10 each. TACX makes some nice aftermarket ones with very good bearings.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
supposedly you can get some with ceramic bearing as well if you make more money than most people.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear der pulleys [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Mine are dust, then. Time to replace.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tiso makes some nice pulleyes in different colors. Check out www.tisobike.com or www.cyclinginnovations.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A ha! I bet that's what's not sounding so good back there. Pretty easy to replace I assume?

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Rear der pulleys [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just need a small hex key. Super easy...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warning!! loctite the pulley bolts when you re-install....I've seen a lot of people learn this the hard way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should move smoothly, but not spin freely - i.e. it's not going to spin like a wheel, but you shouldn't feel any grinding in the bearings when you rotate them. The top pulley also should have a touch of lateral (side to side) play in it. this allows the pulley to line up under the cog better to help the index shifting.

derailleur pulleys rarely need to be replaced. basically replace them when the teeth get worn down to the point where the chain slips on them.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I make a quick stop at the local Supergo. They have a small compartmented box of the little suckers. Each compartment is labelled with what model they are. Only most are empty and in the Dura-Ace 9-speed are two identical ones that don't look like mine. He say's they're a set, but it just didn't look right. So I ask if he can order them. He gets the manager and then comes back with paperwork. Are you ready for this? They want $26.50 for one and $22.00 for the other. And they can't promise when they'll have them because they have to place a minimum $300 order, so I have to wait until they roll up enough orders. I said, "No Thanks. But thanked them for the effort."

Man. Most of the time I really dislike Supergo. But, on occasion, they have good prices on consumables and I bought my daughter's bike there. But anything out of the ordinary... fuggetaboutit!

Ordered TACX for $9.95 each online.

Quote Reply