Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear Derailleur HELP
Quote | Reply
I have a Cervelo R3 Disc 2017 which I recently been having problems with. Went out for a ride last week and when in the smaller front cog the chain was slack, never noticed before and started slipping gears on the rear. I thought it was the rear derailleur so upgraded from the stock R6700 to the R8000. However I have fitted and the same problem, plus more frustrating is that I can no longer get the black wheel on or off. It's as if the new R8000 doesn't spring back enough to release the wheel.

Driving me insane, please can someone help?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Derailleur HELP [valleyboy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 6700 rear derailleur is 10 speed

The R8000 rear derailleur is 11 speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Derailleur HELP [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry meant 6800

jimatbeyond wrote:
The 6700 rear derailleur is 10 speed
The R8000 rear derailleur is 11 speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the hanger of your rear derailleur is not bent?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you show a photo of the back of the bike - Start with it in one of the smaller gears on the rear cassette.

Also, just checking you've not put a new chain on. Or even taken the chain off for cleaning / waxing and then replaced?

Also, can you check the tension screw that points backwards out the back of the bike and is just below where the rear derailler is bolted onto the dropout. Very very rare, but if you've been using a lot in the small cassette, notably on a trainer, that screw could have vibrated a bit loose. And then when replaced the derailler perhaps that wasn't set correctly, mimicing the old one. Apologies if you did go through this, but in the spirit of trying to assist it's good to close out some of the 'obvious' first.
Last edited by: Duncan74: Sep 19, 21 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorted, seems like it was rested up against the wrong stop. Still quite hard to get on and off though
Quote Reply