Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff)
Quote | Reply

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need truth in advertising. I thought it was a MTB that easily converts into at least a road bike

May be a better bike than a Canyon; def not as good as the M vdP ad though...
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Jolanda in the M vdP ad? No? Then this one is better. Because Jolanda...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
admittedly I watched just to learn if it was Joe-landa, Ho-landa, or Yo-landa.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you take that back, or I'll dock 5 points from your Spring Classics tally

that was in jest, of course

on a slightly more serious note, is her apparent goofiness what makes her popular?
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goofiness, yeah that certainly helps. But have you ever watched her descend in a race?! Absolutely incredible talent.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She seems like a really nice person, it doesn't hurt that she's cute, and oh yeah, mad technical skills.....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Goofiness, yeah that certainly helps. But have you ever watched her descend in a race?! Absolutely incredible talent.

To be honest, any of the top 20 XC racers look effing amazing when descending, so I guess her particular bike handling prowess didn't stand out.

But i do recall watching her take the more difficult descending lines while her rivals picked the less challenging lines

If I could have only 1/100th of that descending skill...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
doublea334 wrote:

To be honest, any of the top 20 XC racers look effing amazing when descending, so I guess her particular bike handling prowess didn't stand out.

But i do recall watching her take the more difficult descending lines while her rivals picked the less challenging lines

If I could have only 1/100th of that descending skill...

Yeah, all of the top 20 are good, but she’s significantly better on descents than the rest.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL @ "Whatever, Cross Country SUCKS!"

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[ goat disagrees ]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You had me at Jolanda...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FINALLY naked, and me like.

I mean the "rear suspension" mech, of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her descending skills are something other riders openly talk about being aware of. So if they all think she's exceptional at it I'm happy to agree.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
FINALLY naked, and me like.

I mean the "rear suspension" mech, of course.

Her rear suspension mech is rather nice. I mean the one on the bike, of course....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing her at Snowshoe Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [chadtrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m really looking fwd to watching Snoeshoe on Redbull tv. Really good race coverage and format
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Snowshoe is only 3 hours from me so we are going to make the road trip up there.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll watch if I can. Dorian is heading our way, pretty good chance that we'll lose power :-(

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Emily Batty :(

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch it later in the week on the trainer when the power is back:). I rarely watch live due to time zone issues+having young kids. Even velonews rarely posts mtb results so its easy to avoid spoilers
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [chadtrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome that you get to see it live! Only mtb world cup I’ve watched in person was mont ste anne in ‘97 when a was a ‘kid’. Got my ass kicked in expert race on Friday then watched pro downhill and xc on the weekend:)
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have raced a ton of XC races this year and will no doubt buy the Supercaliber. Being a part time Trek shop employee has its benefits 😉.

I’m even more excited that Jolanda is likely sticking around for the first two Cyclocross World Cups here in America! I’ll be racing (amateur) both weekends!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome advert.

the "Where's the credit card, It's paradigm shifting" and "XC sucks" and the end are all classic.

but is it better than the specialized stumpjumper video from last year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNyUvYb7AM

Tough.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great ad. Underwhelming bike. No idea what they accomplished with that rear end. 100 grams lighter than a Scalpel, Lux, etc. to have 50mm less dampened travel... and you're stuck with heavy, proprietary "Knock Block" stems.
Quote Reply

Prev Next