Prev Next
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [tripat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uh, ok.
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SETTLE DOWN.

It's your money, you earnt it, treat yourself and buy it, BUT you must post pics, will you on board.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm.. you sound like me:-) But that bianchi is a hot bike too. Would you keep both? Arethey both rode bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would keep both. just race the felt b/c it's a TT or a tri bike. do long rides and events on the bianchi. i remember you talking about "what if i were to get a new bike" not too long ago...lol. it's fun to think about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know exactly how you feel....this spring, I was seriously jonesin' for a new road bike. Didn't really need one, but I was lusting after a R2.5. I was turning 40 and thought that this would be a good way to celebrate. And my awesome wife said "no problem". So I say get that S22. I also wouldn't be surprised if you are faster on it...I am a good 2mph faster on my P2K than on my road bikes.

Spot

Quote | Reply
well then do it.. I have a road bike and a tri bike, a n old tri bike and a mountain bike. Don't like the road bike, need to sell the old tri bike, rode the mountain bike twice and my super tri bike has too long of a top tube! So.. I want a new bike too. i'd get it if you can afford it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as you keep the Bianchi, you should buy the tri-bike.

There's nothing like the sensation of getting down on the aerobars, you feel FAST! :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i didn't realize that about your race bike. for a new ride is there anything you're thinking of in particular?
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love the bianchi, but she really is designed for long distance riding--the response, quality and comfort in the ride, reliability, this sort of stuff. when i bought her i didn't think i'd be doing TT's every week and have the desire to improve on that front.

geeze i can talk myself right into anything, can't i. lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i love the bianchi, but she really is designed for long distance riding--the response, quality and comfort in the ride, reliability, this sort of stuff. when i bought her i didn't think i'd be doing TT's every week and have the desire to improve on that front.

geeze i can talk myself right into anything, can't i. lol.

...And you really think that this group would talk you OUT of a new Ride?

We know you're going to buy it , but you know the rules - Post a Pic

...A proud member of Bikes Anonymous, at 12 and still counting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you plan on using it, and using it a lot, then you don't need any more justification. Just make sure you will ride it enough to get some value out of it. I don't think speed matters but amount of use does. I've imposed a 5000 mile limit on new bikes, meaning the old bike has to have at least 5k on it before I can get a new one. I know that isn't huge mileage, but it seems respectable to me. I don't care if slow people have fast bikes, but it's a bit silly to have a Madone to ride 200 miles per year, in my opinion.

Lehmkuhler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]i didn't realize that about your race bike. for a new ride is there anything you're thinking of in particular?[/reply]

I haven't even thought of it yet.. I do like the aegis, it would probably take me months to figure out what I want... You know.. us women.. we don't know WHAT we want LOL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the S22 very much. I mean, bottom line: Dura-Ace tri bike for $2000 with Profile Carbon-X's. That is a very good deal.

The carbon X handlebars can be a can of worms though as they have some adjustment to them, but not as much flexibility fit-wise, as a non-integrated handlebar system.

We sell quite a few S22's because we really like them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My S22 is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Love that damn bike.
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [skid marks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, an endorsement from Mr. Molina is as good as it gets. The man was cripple from back issues a decade ago and now he is top age grouper overall at Ironman Arizona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go ride the bike first. If you ride it and fall in love with it, there's your answer. I swear I'm slower on my TT bike, but I love to ride it so I don't really care.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for the whole enchalada - buy the S22, book a flight to France, meetup with Francois and Climb Alp D'Huez- now that's conspicuous consumption.
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [Spiderman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hot damn, i love it!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went through this. Got a nice bonus at work and decided to treat myself to a new road bike. Ordered a Litespeed Tuscany on Friday and should receive it around the time I am up in CDA next week.

It will give me some motivation to train again when I get back. Go for it...new toys are fun to play with and we are all kids at heart.
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, an endorsement from Mr. Molina is as good as it gets. The man was cripple from back issues a decade ago and now he is top age grouper overall at Ironman Arizona.

For the record, Molina goes by the handle "Skid" and rides a Titan-Flex. "skid marks" is some other dude entirely.

As for Kitty's new ride... well DUH! Buy the damn thing and post lots of pics of you riding/racing it. Post your position and get lots of interior decorating advice, and maybe the odd fit comment or two as well. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Indeed. In triathlon terms skid marks is but a lowly brown speck on Skid's chamois.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey - race hard this weekend and dont forget to have fun

Re: thoughts of a new bike...ridiculous??? [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man - I'll try my best not to smile. ;-)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn right!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? BUY THE BIKE!!! It's such a good feeling and you will enjoy it so.

I changed jobs in the Fall and as soon as I had my new offer (but before I announced my resigantion) I called FitWerx and scheduled an appointment. The result: A 2005 custom Elite Razor with Zipp 404 front and 909 disc rear. And we have two kids!!! Don't forget, the rule of n+1 is always in effect.

Point is, if you want it and can afford it, get it. You don't need us to tell you that (although I completely understand the crowd support factor lessens the guilt!) :)

Ride Fast!!

Chris

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next