Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? Rail Problem.
Quote | Reply
I'm curious as to what bike you have it on and if it actually fits your rails properly? Did you have to compress the rails or over torque them to get them to fit?

I just got off the phone with the company and it was one of the most mind-numbing customer service experiences in quite a while.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jan 16, 21 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have one but I would like to understand what you are saying regardless. Are you are saying the rails aren't the right width? Have you tried measuring them/comparing them to a normal saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not that the rails themselves are not the appropriate width or diameter it's that they are too far apart roughly 4 mm. So I have to subsequently squeeze them tighter together and force them into the clamp on my one bike or if I run the saddle on my other bike that has a different bolt style as I torque it down it pulls the rails in but because they are wider I have to tighten it so much to get it to not only stop moving for and aft but that same bolt controls the tilt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a few carbon Bisaddles and they fit fine in any seatpost I've tried them in. However they are a few years old so maybe current ones are different.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's extremely frustrating as well when their answer is yeah we know there's some consistency problems...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a bummer. I'm guessing you aren't within the 90 day return period?

FWIW, I got the carbon model for my tri bike since I found the other models too flexy in the front/prong area when riding in aero. But the carbon base solved that for me. I use the non-carbon models for my other bikes and they are fine
Last edited by: Nelo: Jan 15, 21 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No the issue is that I purchased it from one of the pros on here so I'm not the original owner. The saddle was brand new in the rapper when I got it and had never been used but nonetheless I'm not the original owner.I did not have any intentions of going this route but because they are completely out of stock and I've been through at least 10 other saddles that are giving me problems via soft tissue pressure and prostate issues I basically was relegated to not riding the bike until I found a solution.

I don't think that that excuses a crummy customer service call though.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jan 15, 21 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I see. Good luck getting things sorted.

Bisaddles have solved the saddle discomfort problems I was having, so I think there is something good there for many people. If you can get it on your bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have high hopes for it just not sure how to handle this cuz I don't want to risk breaking it but that may be my only option.

Seriously sometimes question why I ever do this stupid sport.should just go back to trail running where you just need a pair of sneakers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask the pro to return it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That had crosses my mind...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, to be completely honest my experience with them over the last 2 years have been nothing then outstanding. But my main contact is a guy named Brick. I don’t know how you are dealing with and my guy maybe just be there for intn’l sales,
In over more then a few hundred of saddles we had just 2 warranties and they were solved in a blink. No questions asked.

That said, the first year and a bit all the saddles incl. Chromoly rails were quite far apart.
And were a bitch to get on some seatpost clamps like specially on the QR model.
Like really supertight, I even made a tool to widen the rails to get it in the clamp.

And then Dan wrote a piece on the saddles and in the comments I even put a reaction on this topic.
But......then a new batch of saddles arrived and all of a sudden the rails were a little less wide and popped on the QR posts super easy.

So my guess is you have just one of those older designs that have that inconsistency in the rails width. The Cromoly rails I just widened them, not sure how far you can push the carbon rails in to get them smaller.

If you want I can ask my contact to help out.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes whoever I spoke with at Bisaddle told me to email brick...

With that said this is definitely the newer saddle and was purchased just a couple months ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased the carbon bisaddle in October 2020 and installed on my P5-6 with no problem.

CG
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your saddle mount have the one bolt design like the P3 where it squeezes in from the side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes--P5 and the P3 have the same seatpost.

CG
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry to highjack the thread, but which model did you get? the difference between the models is not very clear on their website
I have a dash which I love, but can't say its zero discomfort/numbness and 90 days guarantee is just fantastic, so I'm tempted to give it a shot

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called BiSaddle this week hoping to buy an SRT. All out at the moment, other than a race-lite model in stock. But they don’t have any of the hydration mounts left in stock (so no behind the seat hydration is possible as I understand it) and the shipment of new ones they are getting won’t fit the old hydration adapters due to a new frame design (?). So I’m basically on hold waiting to see what comes in 2-3 weeks out which was her estimated ETA.
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Jan 15, 21 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Srt carbon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daughter had one and we had to try all our seatposts to be able to fit it on one of them. It worked for a month but one of the rails cracked.
It was on a 27.2 mm seatpost on a Felt FR3, and also on an aero seatpost on a Argon18 E117-Tri. Same problem. We asked for a standard metal rails base as replacement. There is obviously something wrong with the carbon base standards. The width simply doesn't fit. And I used up to 25 different saddles the last 8-9 years on our different bikes, never, ever had a single problem such as this.

Louis :)
Last edited by: louisn: Jan 15, 21 19:24
Quote Reply
Re: Who here has a carbon Bisaddle? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
My daughter had one and we had to try all our seatposts to be able to fit it on one of them. It worked for a month but one of the rails cracked.
It was on a 27.2 mm seatpost on a Felt FR3, and also on an aero seatpost on a Argon18 E117-Tri. Same problem. We asked for a standard metal rails base as replacement. There is obviously something wrong with the carbon base standards. The width simply doesn't fit. And I used up to 25 different saddles the last 8-9 years on our different bikes, never, ever had a single problem such as this.

Louis :)

Thank you! It drives me nuts that they know there's a issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emailed Brick. Hope he gets back to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i will drop him a message as well

jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done, I’m sure you well hear from Brick pretty soon.

Jeroen

Quote Reply

Prev Next