Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well whatever he was doing wrong, he seems to have fixed it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha im cheering for him right now; comen Kanute we want you WC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Regardless of how Ben finishes today, someone needs to ask him about his struggles this season and what have they done differently for this race (if anything).

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well his coach comes on here from time to time, so he will probably fill us in. He actually did an interview with Bob this week, it was pretty enlightening on what struggles ben has been going through, and how they handled them, right and wrong..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge fan and cheering him on but man I just canā€™t think heā€™ll be able to hold it with how his running has been going this year. Either way heā€™s doing great as of now!!

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
monty wrote:

Regardless of how Ben finishes today, someone needs to ask him about his struggles this season and what have they done differently for this race (if anything).

a few infections this year, apparently. covid, a bacterial/sinus thing, some stuff like that.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Will definitely watch the video.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow what a performance! Truly remarkable result for Ben.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, real happy for him (and Jim). Big result on a big stage!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Yip Prime BK is back.

Love how understated and old school he seems. Just gets on with it without the hype.
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also loved seeing Ben finally have a good race this year. Canā€™t be easy competing at that level while raising a young family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Well his coach comes on here from time to time, so he will probably fill us in. He actually did an interview with Bob this week, it was pretty enlightening on what struggles ben has been going through, and how they handled them, right and wrong..

I was laughing when I saw this thread rekindled. Didnā€™t seem to age well. šŸ¤£

(And I know Monty, you didnā€™t start it).

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently the only thing done wrong was yelling "mixed relay" or something along those lines, because it's when Kristian hit the gas. :P

Congrats to Ben, and to your work on this. Maybe a front page interview next week?

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:

I was laughing when I saw this thread rekindled. Didnā€™t seem to age well. šŸ¤£

Same here.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Apparently the only thing done wrong was yelling "mixed relay" or something along those lines, because it's when Kristian hit the gas. :P

Congrats to Ben, and to your work on this. Maybe a front page interview next week?

Thanks. And what can I say? It was meant to motivate Ben. It motivated Kristian too, I guess. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£

Happy to do an interview. Just message me here, or my email is coachjimvance at gmail.

Jim Vance
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, clearly everything lined up today and he was awesome. Super proud of him to represent the US and to have a run that is way more representative of what he's capable of. It was really exciting to see him run up on Kristian early in the run.

Congrats to Ben and to you coach.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
monty wrote:

Yip Prime BK is back.

Love how understated and old school he seems. Just gets on with it without the hype.

Thatā€™s the best thing about him, you get the impression he just ā€œracesā€. Takes everything on feel and gives what heā€™s got, no strict plan as such. His coach will probably tell me Iā€™m full of shit, but it would be nice to not break this myth Iā€™ve built up of him šŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

(And I know Monty, you didnā€™t start it). //

That is why I was so happy to bring back this zombie thread, kind of an kick in the groin to all the haters!! I follow you guys fairly closely, and I knew that ben had many hardships to overcome this year. Just really glad that he was able to, and then prove to himself and the world that he is a contender. Good stuff, can't wait for the epilogue..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:

Amazing what you can do when healthy and able to train to your ability.

Jim, was Ben running in the new Hoka prototype that they are hyping up?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:

Yes. And I think Hoka should give Ben a big bonus for today šŸ˜†. If you had Ben with the 3rd fastest run split of the day on your bingo card, (less than 20 secs off top split), you hit the jackpot.

Jim Vance
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: What is Ben Kanute doing wrong? [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torrent wrote:
I also loved seeing Ben finally have a good race this year. Canā€™t be easy competing at that level while raising a young family.

Me too! He is a great talent with so much potential. Great to see him in form again and stir things up in 2023 or another late 2022 race perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:

Yes. And I think Hoka should give Ben a big bonus for today šŸ˜†. If you had Ben with the 3rd fastest run split of the day on your bingo card, (less than 20 secs off top split), you hit the jackpot.

so basicaly what you are saying is that all year you had him running on inferior shoes
so now we know what you did wrong lol.
more seriously consistency goes a long way, is what people can learn from this. issues always happen but a longeterm athelte coaching relation ship is useful in those times , which we can also see with 2nd placed female.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
monty wrote:

Post #38 explains some things
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
JimVance wrote:
monty wrote:

Hopefully he DID have a podium bonus in his Hoka contract.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Jim, nice to be vindicated like that.

Following Ben's story on YT and seeing his struggles this year, it was just an amazing moment to see him breach up to KB on the run and keep it together through the run.
What an accomplishment for Ben, its was just awesome to watch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next