Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Vision-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you say whether the TFA, or at least the pedestal hardware, will fit on the new (2019) Merida Warp TT?
Obviously not a bike that is going to be in your territory but it's no use trying to get info out of Merida.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Can you say whether the TFA, or at least the pedestal hardware, will fit on the new (2019) Merida Warp TT?
Obviously not a bike that is going to be in your territory but it's no use trying to get info out of Merida.

Cyclenutnz, The 2019 Merida Time Warp has an integrated bar system that uses our SI012 extensions and hardware. Since the pedestal widths are different between the SI012 and the Metron bar, the hardware for the new Metron Bar system will not work. We hope to see the integration with the new Metron bar on models moving forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Vision-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought. But, you know, hope springs eternal. The new bar looks really good.
Is there a tilt kit for SI012?

Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cyclenutnz, there is no tilt kit for the SI012. Thank you for your support on the new design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Vision, this bar looks great! I love that the basebar can be flipped and that there is a center-pull cable exit.

I have a couple questions/requests:
1. Would/will you consider making a clamp kit like TriRig's "slammed clamps" to align the extensions with the basebar like your old TFA bar? I'm currently on a 58cm P5-3 with Ventus II bar as long (120mm effective stem) and low as it goes: no steer tube or pad spacers, ~65mm stack from aerobar. I'd like to try getting lower without giving up adjustability for future fit/frame changes.

2. Is your bar fully compatible with the P5 and SuperSlice? By "fully" I'm wondering whether the front brake cable clears for center-pull exit and rear brake can be routed out the back of the stem. SuperSlice seems to be one of a few frames that is lower and longer than my P5.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me if the TFA will work on the Ventum One? Looking to build one up and your cockpit seems like a great option for me since I need a particularly wide setup and like that they seem to be able to tilt up easily.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:
Can you tell me if the TFA will work on the Ventum One? Looking to build one up and your cockpit seems like a great option for me since I need a particularly wide setup and like that they seem to be able to tilt up easily.

Cheers!

Hi Withrow,
Yes you should be able to switch out the Ventum bar for the Metron Aerobar.
The Ventum One uses a standard 1 1/8 steerer with rear brake cable exiting the top of the stem and into the top tube. The front brake cable goes down the front of the headtube and is hidden with the fairing.
All said the Metron aerobar is designed with the option of running the cables in the same configuration.

Additional info;
The Ventum one fairing is made of a flexible plastic (like a car bumper). From what we understand, It does not use the stem for support and the user cuts the fairing to length to match the underside of the stem.
Furthermore, though the Metron aerobar can store the 5prt Di2 junction box/cables internally (Stem-base bar), The Ventum One's fairing has enough room to run the 5 port junction box/cables and front brake cable if the user so decided.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can verify what Mark just posted about Ventum.

But. if your stem can fit the di2 control box I found it worked better as the junction box under the ventum cover did run on my head tube.so being hidden inside the aerobar is a much better design.

Your fork cover attaches directly to the fork. With the ventum aerobar it tucks in under and into the shape of the carbon stem. But is not required. I tested my culprit stuff on a Ventum and just had to cut the cover to the right length and appropriate angle to match. It came out nice when cut properly.

So, the new Metron should be a great new addition to a Ventum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help guys, that sounds awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Hey Vision, this bar looks great! I love that the basebar can be flipped and that there is a center-pull cable exit.

I have a couple questions/requests:
1. Would/will you consider making a clamp kit like TriRig's "slammed clamps" to align the extensions with the basebar like your old TFA bar? I'm currently on a 58cm P5-3 with Ventus II bar as long (120mm effective stem) and low as it goes: no steer tube or pad spacers, ~65mm stack from aerobar. I'd like to try getting lower without giving up adjustability for future fit/frame changes.

2. Is your bar fully compatible with the P5 and SuperSlice? By "fully" I'm wondering whether the front brake cable clears for center-pull exit and rear brake can be routed out the back of the stem. SuperSlice seems to be one of a few frames that is lower and longer than my P5.

Thanks!
BigBoyND, sorry for the delay in response. We took some time to be as thorough as we could.

The “slammed arm rest plates with the extensions under the base bar” position was something we heavily considered during the design phases for the Metron. In the end the added cost/weight and limited adjustability of the additional configurations for the arm rest plates in those low stack positions would have pushed the project out of the target goals we had set. That isn’t to say we are giving up on this idea for the future, just that for this version we could not find a workable solution to what you propose.

P5:
The Metron aero bar is fully compatible with installing on your P53 and should be no issue. The key point is that you have enough steer tube exposed from the top cap of the headset (29mm minimum is needed) to clamp the Metron aerobar on the fork. As for the cable routing the Metron aerobar has many options for routing the front/rear cable paths with exhaust ports coming out the back and underside of the bar/stem. Your bike, you choose.
Super Slice Disc TT;
The feasibility to change out Cannondale’s integrated bar would have to be worked out with the dealer and depending on how cannondale sells them from the factory might be a hassle for both parties.
Can it be done? Sure, but there are a few hoops one would have to jump through with a dealer to change it out and make it possible.
Back to that minimum 29mm steer tube clamp surface…You will need a uncut fork-steer tube from the factory. (This is assuming the SS forks are pre-cut for each size and they ship as is.) The SS integrated stem has a shallow height clamp (27.5mm) with a minimum surface of 26.5mm needed on their 1-1/8th steer tube. Now 2.5mm of steer clamp surface area might not sound like a lot to some, but to us that is the difference between having a secure component or making a unexpected trip to the ER. So IF (this is a big IF) one could get a new uncut fork from Cannondale for the Super Slice from the factory, the dealer/mechanic could then cut the steer tube properly to fit the Metron Aerobar and it could work. The Metron stem steering clearance is within the same dimensions as Cannondale’s so you would have no rotating interference with the integrated cable fairing that is mounted between the stem and top tube.
The second hoop involves the integrated cable fairing that routes the cables at the back of the stem into the Top tube. Considering the Metron Stem cable exhaust ports will be 3mm taller in stack than Cannondale’s, this cover could possibly need a slight modification (or removed) to ensure good cable flow from the stem into the frame. All said, we have to state that any modification to the frame or frame components could also void any warranty with Cannondale.
So to conclude; if you are thinking about buying a Super Slice TT, please call and or talk to your local Cannondale dealer before purchasing about any changes you would like to do (and if they are possible) before going down that rabbit hole.

Thanks for the interest, hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the thorough response!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw in this thread someone mentioning that the lowest possible stack was 55mm but I see on your site that it’s 70? Which one is right.
Also I see you said that it doesn’t have a center hole for a brake but also someone else sated it did. I’m sure you are obviously the correct answer but I wanted to check.

Also does anyone have these bars and have any details or pictures to share?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Apr 23, 19 15:32
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
better than TriRigs orange accents and logo
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
better than TriRigs orange accents and logo
The hardware accents were originally orange, but have been all black for almost two years. And the logos are dark grey. Omni also changed to a monochromatic color scheme. We listen :-)

If you look at any recent builds with Alpha X or Alpha One on this forum, you’ll see the black hardware. It’s very slick and stealthy.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love the black hardware on my x bar/stem setup...not so much the orange accents around the brake levers or the TriRig decal under the clearcoat. but it's OK, i tape it over with my nutrition schedule ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone installed this on a shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to. I want some more clear info if I can get it. found a good deal on these on ebay yesterday and went to buy them today and they were gone. Should have did it yesterday.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vision-USA wrote:
Back to that minimum 29mm steer tube clamp surface…You will need a uncut fork-steer tube from the factory. (This is assuming the SS forks are pre-cut for each size and they ship as is.) The SS integrated stem has a shallow height clamp (27.5mm) with a minimum surface of 26.5mm needed on their 1-1/8th steer tube. Now 2.5mm of steer clamp surface area might not sound like a lot to some, but to us that is the difference between having a secure component or making a unexpected trip to the ER.

Hi all,

Got a package with the TFA Aeroabar and I'm really impressed. So far I used a 3T Brezza II LTD aerobar, but the TFA looks even more filigree and I will be able to realize a better cable routing. At the moment I'm thinking about how to integrate my SRAM blipbox, but I allready have some ideas.

Before I start assembling, I have one more question regarding cutting my fork and mounting the expander into it.
The stem clamping area is 29.85mm high. The expander requires 2.05mm and the red top cap addtional 1.25mm.
If I now assume that there is no gap between expander and red cap, then I still have 26.55mm "real clamping area".
But my expectation is that I need a small gap to realize a preload to the stem.
Is this right?

What is your recommendation?
Do you have a cut through picture to explain this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Sorry, I made a mistake, the expander is housed completely in the fork. In this case I will have enough clamping surface to mount the stem.
Last edited by: Janlk: May 5, 19 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Janlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I still don't get it.

I thought the expander will disappear in the fork, but checked again and the upper cap of the expander will stay on top of the fork.

Hope you can give me an advice how to cut the fork and to mount the stem.

I am a little bit confused, because you attached a compressor manual to the TFA, that doesn't take the included expander (TH-863-1) into account.
Also the drawing in the manual is showing another compressor as that is in the package.

Thanks Jan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vision-USA,

I thought these bars wouldn't quite work for me, but the found a lot of conflicting information on fit. Would you mind clarifying?

1. What's the actual Pad X range on these bars? I see:

a. Official website: Stating it's -9 to -99. Assuming base bar is a 90mm stem equivalent. This would put Pad X (to rear of pad at -9 to 81mm)
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/.../p/specs_table_1.jpg

b. Slowtwitch's article shows Pad X to rear of pad at -15mm to 75mm
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ron-tfa_top_pads.png

c. At various retailers, I see a Pad X chart showing 45 to 135mm Pad X. Are these to Pad Center? So assuming the pads are around 100mm in length?
https://www.wizbiker.com/...-bar-5-1000x1000.jpg

2. Question regarding DI2 routing. How does it work?

a. Orbea's Ordu shows DI2 cable coming out of the extensions going to the stem from the back cavity, then another DI2 cable coming out from the bottom of the basebar (heatshrunk with brake cable) entering frame
https://www.orbea.com/...DE-ORDU_M10iTEAM.jpg

b. TriRig's photo of Starky shows DI2 cable coming down from the front of the bar (with the help of electric tape) into the basebar from under, then entering frame from the back (presumeably Starky took a dremel to his frame)
https://www.tririg.com/...70_3_Race_Day_89.jpg

c. From picture below, there appears to be a hole in a groove next to the extension risers. Are these for DI2 cables to enter the basebar? I assumed so, until I saw that neither Orbea's Ordu pictures or Starky's pictures appear to use them.
https://www.duckingtiger.com/...view-12-620x620.jpeg

Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone has used this bar with a Dimond Marquise and if so could share some images of the installation.

Thanks!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision, Would you happen to have a cable routing diagram for this aerobar? I picked up one for my tri bike the other day and would like to run the cables the correct way instead of guessing. I will be running a mechanical drivetrain as well if that makes any difference. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [triathleteMattB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We unforutantly do not have a cable routing diagram for the TFA bar. The bar has several cable routing options that should be able to work with just about any set up you have.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm looking at putting these bars onto a cervelo p series but also route the front brake cable through the steerer tube as a few people have managed to do on the p series thread.

Does anyone know if there is room to run a hydraulic front brake hose through the stem on these and down through the steerer using the acr expander?

Thanks
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We would not recommend this. The bend required in the brake hose in order to route the hose between the top cover of the stem and the steer tube would most likely damage the hose and prevent the brake from working correctly. This bar system is not designed to be used with the ACR system and does not have additional space above the top of the steer tube to allow cable to fit. The ACR compression plug will also not allow you to use the bolt needed to hold the TFA top cover on the bar.

Kevin
Quote Reply

Prev Next