Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy f*cking chr*stcakes. looks like darth vader's bike.

http://www.barefootrunning.org
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all that work on the stem why didn't they run the cables internal from the bars?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered that as well.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look like a very long drop from top of saddle to pads. Maybe that's not the actual position where Tyler's saddle will be (height wise). Just kind of figured he'd want it much more aggressively aero than that, i.e., a much longer drop.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bars are the new one-piece Easton units. They are very nice, but they better fit as there is no adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Cantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's never ridden with a large drop from saddle to pads.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Cantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The position is a little more aggressive than it looks. In the photo the front wheel is rotated upwards (draw a line to connect the front and rear skewers to see). If you were to adjust the photo the bars would drop into a more aggressive looking position.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [marmentrout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few details you might have missed...

#1 - Notice how close the front wheel is to the downtube. That's REALLY close. Compare to your bike.

#2 - Notice how far down on the downtube the water bottle bosses are. I'll bet there's a special aero bottle and holder that's going there.

#3 - Looks like both gear housings go into the downtube on the right side, instead of left and right like most bikes.

~ AB ~
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to the Easton Attacks or some new prototype, because they don't look anything like the bars on this bike?

Neal Dunn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" of course you do what Willier did and you piss off the people who's bike you rebadge, then all bets are off. Did anybody else see Scott's media offensive after Willier tried to spin a Scott frame as a "highly secretive" Willier prototype? Pretty funny. "

Yeah, just like when Bianchi was trying to take credit for the Walser Jan was riding; I am surprised that Willier didn't try to say that the Walser the Gerolsteiner guys rode was a Willier Triestina (which I think translated into English means: "can't build our own bike").

I think Tyler's bike is cool, but all of these details are things I have seen before. It is a hopelessly non-production-friendly bike, and it looks remarkably like a Look in the front end. Nice execution, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think they may be playing with the UCI definition of a fork to squeeze in different criteria: where does the fork end/frame begin? Much like folks are doing with the toptube/headtube/downtube junction (joining them earlier than strictly necessary) to fair in the headtube and goose the max dimensions on the frame members. By mounting the fork in front of, rather than below the headtube, they may be trying to apply the headtube max dimension to the fork crown (it's not part of the fork, it's part of the headtube...)

Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Reminds me too about the days (they weren't too long ago) of flipping through "CycleSport" or "Winning" and coming across bikes like Indurain's monocque (sp?) that he rode in his hour attempt in Columbia. That thing still looks fast!

But Tyler's bike is incredible!
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the attack. It's a fairly flat monocoque bar with the pads elevated. It looks like the picture to me, and it has that little gold diamond Easton sticker that's just in view.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how long it will be before some scammer discovers that image and tries to put it up for auction on ebay?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you find this photo? Do you think the entire team will ride one or only Tyler?

This bike beats the Walser from last year by a mile!

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard provided the image and another forum particpant was nice enough to host it for him but I imagine the source was a photographer or reporter for Pro Cycling magazine as they posted an article on the bike yesterday as well: http://www.procycling.be/...el&id=1088635379

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I misspelled it above, the name of Indurain's 94 TT bike, and his hour record TT bike was the Pinarello Espada.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We were only able to get this machine ready for the start of the Tour de France because of the very short distances between our engineering partner, Futec, and our frame producer, Birkenstock

Does this mean Tyler has to stop shaving his legs, wear cork-soled cycling shoes, and run around with beads and flowers in his hair? Wouldn't that render all these aero advantages on the bike meaningless? ;->

Anyone know if this "Birkenstock" is part of the same company as the sandle maker? Just thought this was an interesting distractor worth poking fun at.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
16.4 Pounds?!? 7.45 kg?
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [trischnitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://pezcyclingnews.com/...ullstory&id=2382 not sure if someone posted this yet...
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Keith Miller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome - great additional pics!

Thanks for the link

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to VeloNews, it is a Cervelo (http://www.velonews.com/...articles/6421.0.html). Gerard?
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Jeff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. It is Velonews, right? You'd think somebody would know what's going on around there.

From Velonews:

Let's start things off with a first-look at Tyler Hamilton's freshly unveiled Cervelo time-trial bike, which he will ride at this year's Tour de France (from a Cervelo press release):

Isn't somebody over there aware that he doesn't ride for CSC anymore?
Last edited by: jaylew: Jul 2, 04 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know it shouldn't be a problem, but i'd get nervous riding a bike with dropouts facing the rear, especially on the fork.

http://www.barefootrunning.org
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Jeff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a blunder. There is no Cervelo press release, there is no Cervelo involvement in that bike.

Gerard.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply

Prev Next