Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team
Quote | Reply
OK I have no doubt that Travis Tygart is correct on his hunch:

https://sports.yahoo.com/...clean-225035464.html

But he's being a loose cannon cause he has no hard proof (yet) of Russian doping in soccer, at least no more so than any other doped to the gills team. But FIFA testing is a farce compared to cycling, so why wouldn't the Russian team (or any other) be on the full EPO+Blood Bag+ HGH + Steroid program?

From the article:

Indeed, there is extensive evidence of doping in Russian soccer, even if no members of the 2018 World Cup squad have been found guilty. All members of Russia’s 2014 World Cup squad were recently under investigation based on evidence stemming from the McLaren Report.
And no members of the 2018 squad have been found guilty primarily because FIFA was beholden to Russia, the country set to host its banner event. FIFA refused to act on the evidence. Richard McLaren, the author of the report that led to Russia’s Olympic ban, met with FIFA in 2017 to further detail the evidence of doping in soccer. “Since then,” he told the Mail on Sunday last month, “I’ve heard nothing. I don’t know why they haven’t acted.”
FIFA cited “insufficient evidence” in clearing all current players. But suspicion has picked up as Russian players have covered more ground than any other team at the tournament. Pictures like this one have fed the suspicion …

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 3, 18 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pfft. Don't you know cycling is the dirty sport, silly?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And people think the UCI is corrupt as hell.

Personally, I think FIFA blows them out of the water in corruptness.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the other leagues have all long ago figured out that doping is good for business. Soccer, tennis, NFL football, basketball, baseball, triathlon etc. Cycling is the only one with a veneer of anti-doping, although this latest Froome decision, along with the Serena Williams missed test, puts the nail in the coffin for good.

Corruption is winning in all areas of life.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FIFA are turning a blind eye to wide spread slavery in Qatar there is no way they will push doping in Russia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When a team can American football tackle two players inside the 6 yard box and not get called for a penalty, doping falls way off the scope.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This isn't very Swim, Bike or Run related.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IOC>FIFA>UCI

Not sure where the NFL sits in there, but they are in the mix.

Thinking the UCI is corrupt does not exclude the others. Anywhere there is large amounts of money there are people to abuse it and the power that goes along with it.

Brian

Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [cbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbritri wrote:
IOC>FIFA>UCI

Not sure where the NFL sits in there, but they are in the mix.

Thinking the UCI is corrupt does not exclude the others. Anywhere there is large amounts of money there are people to abuse it and the power that goes along with it.

I'm not sure the IOC is worse than FIFA. I think FIFA has been able to keep the lid on more tightly. And I actually think the NFL is nowhere near as bad as the IOC and FIFA.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:

It's not, I wonder how many people in this thread are actual proper match going football fans?

How can a sport 100x the size of cycling 100x under the microscope by fans and media go undetected for so long?

Not one high profile case, people need to look more towards Boxing for there daily steroid abuse fix!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corruption at FIFA...say it ain't so....anyway here's a decent article on match fixing in football, including matches that didn't even take place but had large amounts of money wagered on them

http://m.espn.com/soccer/story?storyId=7927946&lang=EN&wjb=&pg=1

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:

How is soccer, running 90 to 120 minutes per game not "run related"?
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Not one high profile case

Maradona. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've long said football is rich turf for doping. at the high level that they play a huge number of minutes per year, and the money involved is insane. top players are now literally in the 9 figures and competition is intense and global.

to imagine that cycling is dirty but football isn't is either ignorant or naive.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're forgetting another big doped sport...track & field. Cycling sure, but t & f are about as realistic at the Oly & pro level as cycling is. WWF around a loop and tossing things, jumping around. It's entertainment anyhow.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Jul 3, 18 17:34
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

It's not, I wonder how many people in this thread are actual proper match going football fans?

How can a sport 100x the size of cycling 100x under the microscope by fans and media go undetected for so long?

Not one high profile case, people need to look more towards Boxing for there daily steroid abuse fix!

Wasn't this was supposed to be in the pink font?
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps US soccer team needs to talk with Lance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say that NFL and MLB make FIFA look like amateurs. I would say your own backyard first before you look elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this thread belongs in the LR
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atasic wrote:
I would say that NFL and MLB make FIFA look like amateurs. I would say your own backyard first before you look elsewhere.

Amateurs in what sense? Guys are getting popped all the time in the NFL and MLB, including stars.

If you start with the premise that "they're all doping" and not getting caught is just an intelligence test then clearly the FIFA guys are generally doing it smarter.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
I think this thread belongs in the LR

It a thread about doping in endurance sport. You realize that Craig Alexander's main sport was soccer before whe went on to 3x Kona including his 8:04. Talk to him about how he felt he developed as an athlete in that sport. Almost no athletes come from a cycling background (other than maybe in Belgium). Same deal with Contador. Soccer player first and also did track. I am assume you have played a 120 minute game and still disagree that a doped dude with 60% hematocrit has no advantage in the 115th minute? If it worked for Bjarne Riis on a 46K stage 9 to Sestriere in 1996 (while at 60%) so why don't we think it works in soccer.

Right around the time our man Bjarne Riis was dominatinig at LeTour etc with 60% hematocrit. on the other side of Sestriere in Torino, you had Juventus making a big run at success:

Old article from 2004

https://www.independent.co.uk/...nineties-728710.html

It was a remarkable era, but now the brilliance of that team and their dominance has been seriously questioned, and there are many in Italy who are asking whether it was all too good to be true. That's certainly what the Italian courts think. Last Friday in Turin's Palazzo di Giustizia, Judge Giuseppe Casalbore sentenced Agricola to 22 months in jail for supplying Juventus players with performance-enhancing drugs, including the banned blood-boosting hormone erythropoietin (EPO), between 1994 and 1998. Agricola was also barred from practising medicine for 22 months and fined €2,000 (£1,390).

We are talking the exact years when Lance was fight Cancer and then "coming back" on the same program as what you see in the quote above. So if it worked for Juventus then, do we really think that in an endurance sport where they don't test for this, everyone is back on bread and water? Same thing with NHL. Sometimes those guys play 5 or 6 periods in the playoffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't remember the particular game or player (because honestly I've watched almost all of them) but the commentator said something to the effect of:

"He was a decent player, and then, surprisingly, because there is no real competition there, he went to play in China for a year or two, and now he is a fantastic player and a regular starter on his National team."

And this is one of the most recent knock-out games, and was not the Japanese team. Sounds to me like the commentator suspects doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The soccer player's can't be doping. The IOC cleared most of the Russian athletes...
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pfft. Don't you know cycling is the dirty sport, silly?

Cycling is the dirtiest of the dirty (except for the top cyclist of course), and they're all dirty.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 4, 18 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart's Doping thoughts on Russian FIFA World Cup team [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
I can't remember the particular game or player (because honestly I've watched almost all of them) but the commentator said something to the effect of:

"He was a decent player, and then, surprisingly, because there is no real competition there, he went to play in China for a year or two, and now he is a fantastic player and a regular starter on his National team."

And this is one of the most recent knock-out games, and was not the Japanese team. Sounds to me like the commentator suspects doping.
You are probably talking about Axel Witsel who plays for the Belgian national team while playing club soccer in China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Witsel

If him the comments are taken out of context since he has been a regular on the national team since 2008.
Quote Reply

Prev Next