Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YEa, wondering that too, want to get a new stem possibly
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nick: does the magura brake cable fit through the center pull break hole? looks like the hole may be too small for it?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
nick: does the magura brake cable fit through the center pull break hole? looks like the hole may be too small for it?
The cable stop is removable, and then the bore is large enough to fit any kind of housing or hydraulic line. See the features pages for a look at the hardware.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
arkmann wrote:
Does any of those things make the rider faster? The base bar and extensions are almost as expensive as an entry level tribike...

YES! Absolutely. And funny you should mention the entry-level bikes -- the Alpha X plus an entry level frame can actually be FASTER than a superbike costing many thousands of dollars MORE than the entry level + Alpha X. See our wind tunnel data for more info.

Where would I need to look to find some data on the Omega X brakes alone?

Outside of your testing that is.

http://www.nicksquillari.com.au
@Tinea_Pedis
Last edited by: Tinea Pedis: Nov 30, 15 21:05
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any experience with putting the alpha on an entry-level bike. Currently riding a Trek SC 2.5 (al frame) with H3 wheels. Nothing wrong with the bike apart from a subpar position. Still riding the standard handlebar from Bontrager with an adjustable stem at its limits. I'd really like to clean up the messy frontend and get a bit lower. Was looking at the original Alpha. Is there any reason to wait for the Alpha X (upgrading to Force this winter, no need for electronical shifting). The old alpha+sigma seems good enough, I assume I'll be able to hide all the cables in the stem and but the extensions under the basebar with both setups?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any members on here receive their Alpha X yet?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I heard they were going to start shipping in Dec. Since I'm waiting on mine, I'd like to know if that's still the case. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in them at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Will132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

And if I'm not at least 1 mph faster I'll be furious!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Will132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Delays suck, I completely understand that. The good news is that the first batch of bars is DONE. The bars have just shipped from the paint shop to packaging, and will be en route to TriRig HQ in the next couple days, after which they will go immediately to the December-queued customers.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

Do you have any updates that you can share on the SIGMA X. This is the final piece of the puzzle for my new build.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat. If it was available for sale, I'd buy it right now. Seeing that I'm on a Norcom Straight I'd rather have the TR stem than fork over a fortune for a longer Oval Concepts one.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too - the Sigma X its the last part I need for my new build. Any info would be much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are working on it :-)

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone in the December or January queue is willing to wait a few more months for their Alpha X in exchange for some cash, see my ad in the Classifieds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

Any update on the lead time for shipping (if order placed today, when can customers expect arrival)

Also, this may be in here somewhere but if I have a fork pre cut to accomdate the Sigma XF classic at the lowest possible stack (with dust cap over the steerer), is that enough steerer to accommodate the Sigma X. What would be the delta in stack between the classic setup (extensions under bar) and Alpha/Sigma X setup as same. Trying to figure out if your new setup will work on the fork I cut down to the lowest possible configuration on the classic, and secondly if switching to the new front end will get me a little bit more drop. Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering this as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick, have you ever thought about making some hardware that would allow the extensions to tilt. For both the Alpha and Alpha X. I know that I would buy a set for sure if I could tilt me extensions to say 10 degrees. I have read how it can be done but I would like to have the armrest tilted as well as the extensions instead of just the extensions.
Last edited by: BMANX: Jan 13, 16 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lead time for new orders is posted in the store, right next to the "add to cart" button.

The Alpha X and Sigma X clamp zones are exactly 5mm longer than the previous Sigma XF clamp zone. Their stack to the handlebar zone for Alpha X and Sigma X is 3mm higher than the previous Sigma XF.

Tilt hardware ... possibly ...

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Nick, have you ever thought about making some hardware that would allow the extensions to tilt. For both the Alpha and Alpha X. I know that I would buy a set for sure if I could tilt me extensions to say 10 degrees. I have read how it can be done but I would like to have the armrest tilted as well as the extensions instead of just the extensions.

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2015_12_Orbea_Ordu_OMP_Review&num=8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be great to know what was used. I hope Nick will share shortly. That bike looks amazing for a cabled bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He appears to have created new spacers that allow for extension tilt. Though from the pics, it would seem if you require only minimal amounts of spacers, you might have to forgo extension tilt.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
BMANX wrote:

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2015_12_Orbea_Ordu_OMP_Review&num=8

Sharp eyes! Very interesting, a stealth preview. Guessing he wouldn't show this unless it's in the pipeline for real. This should make some people very happy.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something in the pic? All I see is that the extensions (I think) are turned around from the "normal" way you would mount them which results in the angle shown in the pics...I don't think these aren't "titled" as others are discussing in the ERO Sports thread.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Extensions are not turned around, they are designed to be cut from both ends and in whats pictured provide maximum rise. The extension clamp and riser are different in this photo from what is currently stock on the Alpha C and X. Many have asked and suggested Nick make something like this (myself included) who prefer to have armrest and bar tilt independent from the base bar. I will absolutely be first inline to order these when he offers them!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. I would be in line too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next