Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Giant needs a home!
Quote | Reply
My Giant now needs a home sweet home. The original adoptive has said, "Nix nix, give to someone else who is more deserving."

So now I need someone to take this great bike home. How should we do this? How do we find and judge who is the perfect match for the OCR2?

Give me names and ideas and let’s go!

One rule. If at any point the original target of this bike gets his brains together and changes his mind the bike goes straight to him.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First queston - Should you not have both a road and a tri bike?

Second Question - If you answered the first question with a "no", then the Giant should go either to 1) a newbie starting tri or 2) somebody who doesn't have a bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Size, Pics?
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am about to ride the P3 so give me a couple of hours.

Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I love my P3, but wouldn't give up my roadie for anything.

Tibbs, you need both. Use the roadie for:

1. Group rides (you know, where you actually see and speak with other people - not just send them messages on the computer)

2. Very hilly rides (do they have hills in TX?)

3. When you want/need a change of pace from the slammed, 78 degree, aero position

Just my thoughts...

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're going to pay it forward, I have a nominee. My friend bought my old bike from me a year and a half ago. He's since gotten the bug and did two tri's last year and three road races, all on a 8 speed bicycle with downtube shifters.

Tibbs, if you deem him worthy, I'll send you my soft shell bike case to carry or store your P3 in.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [BallPrkRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I agree. I love my P3, but wouldn't give up my roadie for anything. "

Same with my P2K, but in fact if I had to give up one, I'd keep the road bike. I realize there are some people that train/race on only a tri bike, but for us more social types the most fun and hardest rides I get are with the roadies.

My advice to Tibsy would be to keep the OCR, but it's his call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes this forum amazes me.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [newbie5317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definately keep the road bike, you cant ride everyday on the P3, its just not comfy enough or practcal at all for ascending or decending. However if you live in texas and go in a straight line then enjoy
Quote Reply
My cowardly and low brow dealings with the bikes. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been given two great bikes that I in no way deserved. While I love both of these bikes and do my best to take care them I can't really say they are mine. I just see myself as sponsored by you gals and guys.

What happens with both of these bikes is not my decision it is y'alls. I will do what ever you people ask I just really can't bring myself to say "This is what we are going to do with these noble machines that are not mine."

So let's get to work and decide what we are going to do with them. I will accept what ever you say with a smile and a skip.

Quote Reply
Re: My cowardly and low brow dealings with the bikes. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was given a small sailboat some years ago with the condition that when I was done, I would give it to another person.

Maybe a nice way to keep the gift going for the bike.

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size is it? I know of a person who is a breast cancer survivor and a starving grad student who is very deserving. She has become quite the advocate for the "livestrong" movement and she loves cycling but only has an old hybrid because thats all she can afford. I think she'd make a great candidate.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [Duman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What size is it? I know of a person who is a breast cancer survivor and a starving grad student who is very deserving. She has become quite the advocate for the "livestrong" movement and she loves cycling but only has an old hybrid because thats all she can afford. I think she'd make a great candidate.
Damn dude... I was totally going to say "keep it" but with people like this out there and in need, it's damn near unconscionable to do so. What size is she? This chick deserves a ride - regardless of whether the OCR fits her.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I first read this board, I was going to rip off on a tirade about greed. Once again the peaceful tribe has piped up and given me further proof that we all provide good will on this forum. Find a home for it Mr. Tibbs. A P3 is surely a nice gift, but imagine someone who is drolling over ANY bike on that Giant. Now that's a gift my friend.

Sorry for sounding sappy, but it's rare people aren't jags on a message board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put it on eBay and send the profits to the Red Cross or some other grouping helping the tsunami victims.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not sure what size she rides but I can find out. I do know she is 5'10" tall. She wants a road bike so bad that she actually borrowed an old clunker from one of her friends fathers to do one of the Lance rides. If I had bike that fit her Id give her one but Im 6'4' so theyd be a tad large:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is her webpage and blog link. Some pretty inspirational stuff.

http://www.debspage.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a movie a few years ago called "Pay it forward", and it was about a kid who develops the "pay it forward" plan. Sort of a do-gooder pyramid scheme, the plan asks people to return favors by doing good deeds for others. Before long, random acts of kindness sweep the town. It was definitely a feel-good movie.

In return for your gift, maybe you could give the Giant (which is a very nice bike by the way) and whatever support you could provide to an aspiring junior triathlete in Texas or the DFW area. If you don't know one I can probably give you some names. There are plenty of incredible young athletes on ancient bikes with 7 speed down-tube shifters that would cherish your bike.

Just a thought....

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duman, I have a Giant TCR. I am 5'10". If the OCR is the same compact geometry, and is a size medium. It may indeed fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [SProboscis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and ride a medium TCR. The OCR is sized the exact same way. I'll guarantee that a medium frame will fit her. Of course I'm not sure how tall Mr. Tibbs is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The OCR2 is a large. Has an upgraded Kestrel fork and nice Cane Creek wheels.

This is all up to you guys. The orginal giver has asked that the bike remains in the Slowtwitch family so who ever gets it needs to promise to become brain washed and post regularly.

Yeah my spelling sucks ass.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who ever gets it needs to be sure that the ride the hell out of it. If at any point it begins to collect dust, it goes back into the TSR pool.

Oh yeah, the same goes for your P3.

Tibbsy, Prairieman relay?
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant needs a home! [Matt Boutte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Oh yeah, the same goes for your P3."

Sounds fair to me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well my friend would fit the large quite nicely. If he gets it, I'm sure it will be appreciated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next