Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a great 1st post. So far I've only met two STers (that I'm aware of). Campyrick (AKA Front Page) and Jonnyo.

Lots I'd love to meet but a couple that stand out:
-first and foremost, Muffintop - great posts, funny and greatest coach ever (happy birthday again MT)
-Another vote for Khai
-Paulo
-Anyone and everyone in the PSTriathlon crew (one of these day's I'm going to make a camp!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet a bunch of the LR folks I've spent so much time debating/arguing with. The fights can get nasty in there, but it seems harder to spew vitriol at someone you've met. I feel badly not having met MJuric- the guy lives about 30-40 miles from me. I wish I had tracked Tom D down in Wisconsin in 07, and REALLY regret not meeting more folks at the 1st Rockman.

I've met Tibbs, but I was too zoned from 15 hours on the road to have much of a conversation- maybe again one of these days.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Khai was the first ST person I met. I can still remember him in the parking lot at Whistler walking up with his coffee. He was as genuine and funny in person as he was in his posts. Also met Andypants and Alexia, and Phil that day. All were good riders who worked their butts off and were good representatives of the ST community. Hope to meet more people in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met Paulo once...that is enough for me.

Serously, Andrew C. Would like to spend an afternoon picking his brain.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Erik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
don't forget teh skinny guy that walked up to you at Disney's Animal Kingdom[/reply] Ha, ha...as I wolfed down a beef brisket sandwich no less! Yes, a memorable day indeed!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what about the SERGIO???? i'm really surpised nobody has mentioned him yet!!!!
i would love to get my next bike from Tom D. i always enjoy reading his words of wisdom...his olympic coverage was epic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar- Because he's freaking rappstar and funny as hell
SimonW- Do I need to explain that one??
Katy and KestrelKerri- They seem like 2 very cool chicas
ShawnF and Tracer- Will meet them next week and have been looking forward to it for quite some time. Tracer is a riot
Tigerchik- I've had lots of PM coversations with her and she seems very interesting. Plus I need to talk her into med school.

I'm sure there are more, and I hope to meet lots and lots next week in KONA!

I've been fortunate enough to know most of the pstriathlon crew, who are all amazing, and to have met dozens of other STers. A great group of people (at least in person ;-) )

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to say, Khai will be a bit of a letdown.

<luv ya Khai>

Put the entire Womens on my list including the Mens who post there, you know who you are.

I'd also like to meet Swimfan. I have a feeling he is this overweight, pimply mamby pamby. I want confirmation of this.

Tom D because he likes animals too

Slowman for a wide range of reasons

Monty for lots of reasons too.

Dev because, well, he's smarter than I am and that is rare.

Parkito because I think he needs a kick in the ass sometimes.

Big Kahuna because I KNOW he needs a kick in the ass daily.

Really, there are too many to list.

The list of people I don't want to met is much shorter. And no, I won't share that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: jenhs: Sep 30, 08 16:34
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has it been that long since we've had a popularity contest around here? Sheesh, where does the time go? :-p

I've been fortunate to meet a ton of ST'ers over the last 4 seasons. To a person, they are all folks I was glad and honored to meet.
Well ok, except for Parkito. I've got to stop sleeping with him. I think that dude is stalking me. hahaha! ;-)

Knowing Dev means that eventually I'll meet every triathlete everywhere. He is like the mayor/ambassador/nexus of the AG tri world.

I'll get to meet quite a few more of the ST crew next weekend, and I'm very much looking forward to that.
I've got a great big keg of whoop-ass to share with all my old and new friends! ;-)

You're sleeping with Parkito?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowman - I would like to shake his hand.

Herbert - He has cool t-shirts.

Monty - I think we share the same tastes in shoes.

Quote | Reply
I think many of us would love to meet Swimfan, but I don't believe that will ever happen!

You'll never know!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd also like to meet Swimfan. I have a feeling he is this overweight, pimply mamby pamby. I want confirmation of this.

Nice try! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think many of us would love to meet Swimfan, but I don't believe that will ever happen!

You'll never know!
So does that mean I've met you, and just didn't realize it?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd love to sit around a table with Slowman, Rappstar, Monty, and paulthomas with 5 shot glasses and some Rum and just shoot the shit.

Substitue Emilio DeSoto for Jordan and it would be replay of Dan's wedding party. Quite the night!!

I would say to the original question: SUPERDAVE!!!!!!!!!

I've met probably 100 or more STers including all of the above, Dev, Support Crew and others. Tom Demerly keeps avoiding me though! And I'll get to meet Fleck next week (and many others of you).

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny you should post this, I was mowing the lawn today and thinking I need to post a very general thank you to ST. I've learned (and continue to learn) a lot from many contributors including people starting threads with questions I haven't thought of yet.
I'd like to shake Slowman's hand. Racing years ago, my young legs felt like absolute crap trying to run coming off of a road bike. Thanks to his innovation, now they only feel pretty crappy. And for hosting this crazy little gig.
Tom A and Andrew Coggan: not just because they have a wealth of technical info, but because they're willing to share it and put it in terms I can understand.
Tom D because he shares one hell of a lot of info from the gear to training to industry insight.
Fleck, who is probably younger than me, but comes across as a wise, learned elder. Posts are always well reasoned and stated.
A long list of posters for witty commentary.
Thanks to all of the ST posters who have answered my questions.

Record10Carbon probably deserves special mention for the flaxseed muffin story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to the many that have been mentioned, a few that haven't:

Epiclesis, creator of "Slowtwitch on YouTube" video. I'd love to congratulate him in person for that comedic gem.

Gandalf and Sphere, whose posts are always well-reasoned, enlightening and interesting--a cut above the rest, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having wasted waaaaaay too much time around here, I have had the fortune of meeting lots of really really cool athletes and people (can we use the two words in the same sentence). This year, I finally met the legendary Khai and on the same weekend in Penticton, tried three times to hook up with the legendary ultratriguy, but failed...same thing with the elusive Mr. Demerly....we were both in St. Croix on the same weekend for the same race and the race results prove we were both there but never hooked up....BUMMER....same with Bjorn at WF 2007 and IMLP 2008...we were both there and only saw each other for a moment on course. Doug Stern, I will sadly never meet.

However, the GUY I REALLY REALLY want to meet is Monty. I think this is the guy that you want to hang out with around a campfire, after a 100 mile mountain ride, along with a group of age group posers and hangers on like myself and listen to the smacktalk stories from the 1980's prozone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not met any STers, at least not that I am aware. Several people here offer great insights, amusing stories and practical advice and it would be a pleasure to discuss triathlons, the universe and everthing in person. However, if I only ever get the chance to meet one STer, I would want it to be Paulo.

~~~~~~~~~~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik - She is very young but she is very knowledgeable, I've seen her giving great advice and explanations about swimming, running, nutrition, etc. I agree with Jodi that she would do great in med school.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
tigerchik - maybe she could teach me how to swim. also to ask her how it feels to have to eat a pb&j + nutella sandwich at night so she doesnt gain weight (not fair)

Those bedtime snacks are so I don't lose weight, typo on your part, I need to go force-feed myself one, I'm waaaaaaaay under-caloried today. And not hungry at all. Trust me, the hummingbird metabolism SUCKS sometimes, training 3+ hrs today didn't help (but it felt good).

yeah, I could teach you how to siwm. And I'm touched that you want to meet me.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the perv's wanting to meet the (only) young girl (s) on the forum. Kind of gross really!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whoops, yea, bad typo...what a crazy alternate universe that would be
seriously wouldn't be hard to improve my swimming though, basically starting from scratch

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are sweet; thanks to you and Jodi. I'm looking at physical therapy schools.

ST'ers I have already met: Football Mom, Giddyupandgo, Jeff Spicoli, Craig in MA, trukweaz, legget24, BlakeSKI, kdw, spinndog (well we haven't met but he yelled at me on the run course at Moosey), KJ, Swordfish, Trigirlpink, Alaric... think that's it

Here's my list, in no particular order.

Slayerhatebreed - he lives 40 min from me and we still havent' trained together!

JoB - because he's answered a bunch of exercise phys questions for me... thesis related and otherwise.

Paulo - because he's so cool online, that sarcasm has to be even better in person.

MuffinTop - because from his blog he's got a great sense of humor, and he's a really nice guy.

desert dude - because somehow he seems to keep me (mostly) out of trouble... from halfway across the country. And if I could get he, JoB, and Paulo to Maine maybe I could convince 'em all to be my thesis committee... that would be a kick a$$ commitee.

rroof - because he has answered lots of injury questions for me! And we were co-ST'ers-of-the-year in 2005.

Jodi - so she can convince me med school is better than PT school

jonnyo - because he is awesome... and I love his Frenglish

suparuki and frenchfried - because we've exchanged a lot of PMs

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 1, 08 14:44
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Rahzel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In addition to the many that have been mentioned, a few that haven't:

Epiclesis, creator of "Slowtwitch on YouTube" video. I'd love to congratulate him in person for that comedic gem.

Agreed
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [ancientdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
All the perv's wanting to meet the (only) young girl (s) on the forum. Kind of gross really!
So you like the TILFs? ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next