Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well aside from the head shaving, I usually do all of that when I go up there to Xantusia.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a virtual Fixaplaooza for us eastcoasters? I'll be there in spirit. Also, I'm still looking for any advice on a stem choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah nuts why did my parents have to give birth to me in the wrong damn country. Sounds like a great party.....

If only all training was this way.....
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Any count yet on numbers?"

we have no idea. probably at least 20, but i doubt any more than 220. michael, where are your priorities? the kids will be alright. somehow. you need to do what's best for you. remember the xantusia motto:

"what's in it for me?"

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,
What kinds of rides are you anticipating on Saturday and Sunday mornings?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What kinds of rides are you anticipating on Saturday and Sunday mornings?"

there will be a variety. i imagine i'll have them posted by tomorrow.

there's the desert ride, which is *mostly* flat, but with a gradual 1000' (very scenic) climb at the end. on this one you go past several "motels" and "gas stations/cafes" that you'll recognize. when linda hamilton fills up with gas on her way to baja during the last scene in the original terminator, that's the same one out front of which the dog jumps from the chevy truck bed to the ford truck bed in the super bowl commercial. also, "identity" was filmed at the adjacent motel (andrew mccarthy, ray liotta, amanda peet, and the jew from deadwood whose name escapes me—don't go postal on me, he's known often as "the jew" in the series). then there's "the climb," which'll go to wrightwood, and then mt. emma / angeles forest.

i believe on sunday some of us are going to climb up to the ski area, and then stop at mile high cafe for brunch halfway down the descent.

runs, well, plenty of trails up here. probably the devils punchbowl.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

when you say "some of us are going to climb up to the ski area", does that mean you are going to climb up to the ski area? I was thinking about coming up just for the party Saturday night, and then runnning the trails Sunday morning. But if you are going to ride up the hill, I might have to change plans and ride also.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like a nice variety. Wrightwood sounds good, but just don't drop my old slow ass too badly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I'd love to go but I can't because it's Easter. For the 2nd Annual Fixapaloosa can you pick any other weekend except Easter? I know I'm not the only Christian triathlete.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
and the jew from deadwood whose name escapes me—don't go postal on me, he's known often as "the jew" in the series).
That would be Sol Star. Terrific show, btw. Best on TV along with The Wire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...then there's "the climb," which'll go to wrightwood... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Sweet, sub 53 or bust. Whether it's me or the international men of mystery doodes, somebody has got to earn the whole lot of us some margaritas with a CR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forecast says they'll be a bit of a breeze Friday afternoon/night. If anybody is doing the tent thing, you might double check that your stakes are in the bag.

Hourly Weather Forecasts for VALYERMO , CA
2pm Friday 3/25 - 10pm Friday 3/25

show units as metric | english Get hourly forecasts out to 15 days.

Get an even more
detailed forecast

Get this on
your cell phone

TIME 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm 10pm
Weather
Conditions

Temperature
(°F)
54 53 51 52 51 49 46 44 40
Realfeel Temp®
(°F)
45 41 38 38 36 33 29 25 20
Dewpoint
(° F )
29 28 27 11 11 14 16 19 21
Relative Humidity
(%)
39 39 39 19 21 25 31 38 47

Wind Direction
WNW

WNW

WNW

WNW

WNW

WNW

WNW

NW

NW

Wind Speed
(mph)
37 41 44 44 44 65 59 53 48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there going to be an easter egg hunt? If so, I am in.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likewise for me - my family gives me a lot of latitude to do the sport however being away Easter, Christmas, Birthdays and New Year would have me looking for new digs!!
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, if i ride up the hill, it's going to be very, very, very slow. but, yes, i'll probably ride up. like in about 1:20. i'll tell you what, tho, if you want to play i'll be happy to lay a wager that sojourner wipes the floor with you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I know I'm not the only Christian triathlete."

falling on deaf ears. some reckon one day higher than another. slowman reckons all days the same.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[snip]

tell you what, tho. the amphitheater is just about done. next year maybe we'll do a sunrise service. how 'bout that? (don't get me wrong, i won't be the one leading it, but i know JUST THE GUY for the job).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< well, if i ride up the hill, it's going to be very, very, very slow. but, yes, i'll probably ride up. like in about 1:20. i'll tell you what, tho, if you want to play i'll be happy to lay a wager that sojourner wipes the floor with you.

oh sure, throw in the kid in your place. Care to wager who would win a 30km flat time trial though?

I've been informed the bikes are staying behind, not room for two bikes in Gina's convertable.

Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Care to wager who would win a 30km flat time trial though?"

i set the young lad up coupla weeks ago. sure. i'll wager. my estimate: he could carry 325 watts for 30km of flat riding. maybe better'n that. i just have to find the young whippersnapper a bike to ride.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I'm not the only Christian triathlete.

This rubs me the wrong way. Without taking this too close to "lavender" territory:

I hope you did not imply that you can not be a good christian if you do not attend mess on a regular basis or celebrates christian holidays in an organized setting (church).

My church is the sky and I prefer to spend my time of reflection among some of Goods creatures who don't need weekly absolution from their sins. I do not judge people who think otherwise. To everybody his own....

Regards

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< my estimate: he could carry 325 watts for 30km of flat riding. maybe better'n that.

two weeks ago, 19.1 miles @ 340 watts, rolling course, 25.4mph avg. (monthly club race). This was the day after doing a 140 mile ride with 7000ft climbing, avg. 240 watts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"two weeks ago, 19.1 miles @ 340 watts, rolling course, 25.4mph avg. (monthly club race)."

well, then, thou should have no problem laying thy filthy lucre on the table, should'st thou?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say pistols at dawn. Preferably matched percussion pistols.

Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah. Cage match.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, here it is: 1st Annual Fixapalooza 3/25-27 [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry this rubbed you the wrong way. I was just stating a fact that my wife and I prefer to spend Easter weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ and not camped out in the high desert learning how to fix bicycles. I would really like to go to the clinic because I'm sure I would learn a lot from Slowman but since it's Easter weekend I won't be able to attend. It's Slowman's prerogative to hold this clinic whenever he chooses especially since it's free. I'm not judging anyone and I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I just asked Slowman if he could schedule it next year on any weekend other than Easter since I'm sure there are many triathletes who would really like to attend but can't because they have higher priorities on Easter weekend. You certainly are welcome to worship anyway you like and I'm not saying that you have to attend Church on a regular basis to be a "good christian".

I really don't want to make a big issue out of this and I certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone. I made a request to Slowman and it fell on "deaf ears". End of discussion.
Quote Reply

Prev Next