Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed NAS on the bib numbers...and they said "sometime this week".

....and the water temp is still below 60. Brrrrr. The forecast for air temps changes daily.....I'm loving the current 86/55 numbers !
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
86°!! Perfect!

You know you're not in the South when the "real feel" index says the 86° will only feel like 84°. If this were FL, the temp would be 90 and the "real feel" would be (to quote a radio DJ I heard while at FL 70.3) "Major sweaty B*** sack."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [rth2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
86 is waaaay too warm for this Irish-blooded yankee. Looks like I need to stock up on the salt tabs

Give me low 60's and overcast any day.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called NA Sports yesterday to see when the bibs would be posted - I have been a little obsessive about checking the Web site too - they just said it would be sometime this week. They also said there would NOT be a pfd of the Race Packet/Athlete Guide as they have done for other races.... I kept looking for that too.

I guess it is just part of the pre-race nerves wanting to make sure we have everything together.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I will be running scared...as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another question for everyone-

Is anyone else overanalyzing every little twinge, sore this, sore that- that comes out of their body? Is that my knee hurting? Do I have a sore throat? Is that a headache? Is that a pulled muscle? My ankle kind of hurts today. Why can't I sleep in?

I am going crazy with excess energy already. I'm on vacation and I'm bored. I fixed my parent's toilet yesterday. Filling up my dad's new Ipod today. I don't know what I am going to do with myself next week!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. I was riding last night and my knee felt funny...so I turned around an headed back to my car because I did not want to put any unnecessary stress on my knee. Today I have the sniffles and I now worried that I may be getting a cold.... If I was not a week and a half out from an IM, I wouldn't think anything of it...

I am dropping off my bike for TirBike Transport today, so that is something else to think about. I am sending a gear bag and praying they keep it safe (they are pretty reliable so I should not worry). It will have my wetsuit, bike shoes and helmet in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rookie.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, so?

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just felt good to say ;)

This makes 7 for me and 6 for Mrs. ATX. It never seems to get any better. She rolled her ankle this weekend so she is in freak mode. My knee is still sore from time to time but I have lost my will to live (I just want 20 hours sleep a day). Bikes are now in the hands of UPS. Mrs. ATX have started our annual 2 week taper divorce.

SNAFU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to stop by the Gatorade Morning Swims on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of race week. 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM - the Gatorade Corral is located on the grassy hill next to the beach. You can not miss it - look for the two Gatorade Tents and the 30 ft. Inflatable.

The volunteers will check in your gear and watch it while you swim, run or bike during these hours. The swim course will be set up. (at least the turn bouys)

We will be giving out Gatorade bike bottles and also Gatorade EF Orange in the Edge Bottles each day! Blue 70 will be there each morning with wet suits for a "test swim" if you want to check out their suits.

Race Day Cafe will be open each morning for a great cup of coffee!

See you all in CDA. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's awesome!!! thanks!

Does anyone have info on the ferries that run back and forth across the lake? I am stayin on the far side of the lake and it seems like it would be a good option for getting into town
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [slowy-gonzales] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
They also said there would NOT be a pfd of the Race Packet/Athlete Guide as they have done for other races....

so how are we supposed to know when the heck to show up to register and check our bikes and stuff? should I print last year's?

I can't believe my bike and race bag leave tomorrow! I <3 TriBike Transport!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is up on the site now. I guess the lady I spoke to yeaterday was unaware of the Athlete Guide.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there to cheer you all on.

I'll also be working at the TP Technologies booth in the expo so say hi if you see me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the Blue 70 guys help me get into my suit? I always end up with the arms twisted and it pulling down on my shoulders.

I'm now officially in race prep mode. I swam two nights in a row!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Erin! Glyn and I arrive on Thursday so we will definitely stop by and say hi. I havent seen you since Monty's house in 2006. I'm excited you will be able to cheer for me on the run...my 1st Ironman.

Margaret
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jodi! Looks like all eyes are on you Sunday with the tie breaking time. Fun!

I have a multisports.com breakfast on Friday at 8am with Paula N-F and gang. Are you still planning a Slowtwitch gathering that morning? Any ideas on the time or place yet? Since you are bored and on vacation you can plan:)!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will you be done with breakfast by 10am? I was thinking we could meet outside the gatorade swim at 10am and then find a place to have coffee. I get there on Tuesday, so I'll find a good place to hang out.

Sound good?

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, definitely by 10am. That sounds perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowy,

Keep in mind, you won't get tha bag until Thursday afternoon and if you want to do the Gatorade swim on thursday you are going to be pretty chilly or you can wait in the queue for a test of the Blue Seventy demos they will have.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Maybe I'll pack my wetsuit in my luggage!

I am a little concerned about the water temps. I only have a sleeveless wetsuit and it's 57 degrees.... burr.

Has anybody swam in the 57 degree water without sleeves? I am a whimp!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what happend in CDA today but the water is like -20

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Global warming my ass!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Good point. Maybe I'll pack my wetsuit in my luggage!

I am a little concerned about the water temps. I only have a sleeveless wetsuit and it's 57 degrees.... burr.

Has anybody swam in the 57 degree water without sleeves? I am a whimp!!

I tried it once and only lasted about 4 minutes in the water. Swam in 59° water this morning with full wetsuit and skull cap. I too, am a whimp when it comes to cold water.
Quote Reply

Prev Next