Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri yoda in T4.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Randy Hadzor in 2nd LC @ 20:00. Erik redinger in 3rd @ 22.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Tri yoda in T4.

((((Go Yoda ))))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Randy's a fast runner and cool doode!

thanks for posting the live feed......good stuff.....

Last edited by: cusetri: May 15, 11 10:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Bakker wins F1 in 5:04:49, Rich Burke 2nd, Stefan Judex 3rd

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats ML!!!

Tetsuoni - How about an update on the beer situation? What's been tapped? Who's drinking what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has ML ever finished out of the top 5 at any AM Zof race he's entered?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [katzbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keegans kitty and mothers milk tapped.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To quote ML - never out of top 4.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri yoda narrowly outsprints chris g.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yoda 4th and chrisG 5th? ChrisG has always been fast but thought yoda wouldnt let it be that close. ML is impressive and troll-like at the same time. Great updates john wishing I was there
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:D wrote:
I really dislike the weird hype this race receives.

I had the opposite reaction to the "weird hype" back in '06 when I first read about the race. Called the RD immediately (Friday night) and asked if there were slots still open. Drove 10hrs the next day and picked up my packet at his house where he was hosting several out of state competitors for dinner that evenining...pretty cool. Took way too long to drag my under-trained arse around the course that Sunday but it was worth every quadbusting pedal stroke and stride. Totally blew my taper for Chicago Marathon the next weekend. Best race scheduling decision I ever made.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats ML, ChrisG, and Yoda!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:D wrote:
All I'm saying is the inside comments are on the creepy side. Otherwise I hope y'all have a good time.
You'd think most of the racers/STers posting about the race were friends or something...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [gimberloid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Josh Beck and Mimi Boyle crushed dreams as per usual.

Lots of STers scored Big Honkin Mugs.
Tough day at the office, but better now after numerous RecoverWrongs and a bunch of burgers.

Dreading loading up my wet muddy gear.
Will wait til later, beer and burgers calling.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Tri yoda narrowly outsprints chris g.

Worst race tactics ever. First person in my race I saw in hours so I scream YODA when I am coming up behind him. On a second note: never try to out sprint a skinny dude up hill.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off, hats off to tetsuoni for putting on a fantastic race yet again. To the folks who don't buy into this race's "hype", the hype is well-deserved. Don't knock it 'till you try it. There is a reason this is an annual race schedule highlight for a lot of people (myself included). This course is TOUGH and there is a mutual respect for everybody out there (particularly on a nasty day like today). Haven't seen this kind of vibe at any other race. The food and beer isn't bad either.

Fellow F1 racers:
Murphys Law - Your performance backs up the smacktalk... And there was a lot of smacktalk. Time to bring back "King Murphys Law"?
Rich Burke - Complete animal. Flatted on the second lap and pulled it all together to finish second. Flying on the run.
Stefan Judex - Perfect pacing. I want to see the splits, but I have to imagine they are pretty close to even. This isn't an easy race to pace.

Outing myself: EPOND! In light of the three guys ahead of me, I might change my name to "slimkindafast"

Huge respect for all of the long course finishers. All I can say is "F-THAT".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work, Bakker. I'm guessing you'd have gotten your prediction if not for the initial weather.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmZof is all that. Even for the ITT. $45??? No better value anywhere! A harder 112 miles? Doubtful.

My highlight (besides the beer and food); ChrisG about to pass me; "This course is evil"
So right! Try a fourth lap!

Props to John M, and all the volunteers (Tough job on a good day. Today, exemplary. Thank you!)
First class, start to finish!
Last edited by: stillrollin: May 15, 11 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris G wrote:
Worst race tactics ever. First person in my race I saw in hours so I scream YODA when I am coming up behind him. On a second note: never try to out sprint a skinny dude up hill.

So I say to Chris in the pavilion, why would you warn a guy that you are catching up to him?
Chris, takes sip of Rhinebeck brew, responds; Because I'm an F'ING IDIOT!

Can't argue with that!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all cheering from home, it's fun knowing that we've got a following out there.

Stover - what kind of beer did I score for you? It'd better be good.

Props to all the first-timers for taking on AmZof on the 2nd toughest day in course history, you earned your finish today for sure.
There were remarkably few DNF's, and a great heaping serving of HTFU being served up all day by many.

Thanks as always to JM, the Mohonk Preserve, ALL the amazing volunteers (I really think they took it to another level this year, in spite of the weather), and all the racers who took on the challenge. Great to see lots of old friends and meet a few new folks as well.
Main Street Bistro just crushed it this year, with their usual killer chili, AND burgers grilling all afternoon. That was sheer torture running by the last lap with the charred deliciousness wafting up thru the woods. I saw one LC dude grab a burger in TA and take it out on the run with him. Awesomeness.
And of course, it wouldn't be AmZof without beer, so thanks as always to Keegans, and also to Rhinebeck Brewing, for supplying copious quantities of RecoverWrong to all the athetes and fans.

I believe this was LC win #4 for both Josh and Mimi - Winning Tetsuoni's Money is a habit for both of them.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice day all around except for the weather and the racing. That was freaking hard. Still can't believe I positive split the bike by 50 watts. Wtf?

Burgers were an awesome addition. Very happy I did not do a car bomb. Left my car at KAlbers which was also a good call but forces a.run in the am. That will be interesting.

Props to Tetsuoni for the great race and lending me a wheel. Full service as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
That was sheer torture running by the last lap with the charred deliciousness wafting up thru the woods.
This :)

btw, who was dissing the veggie burgers? By the time I was ready to have one.... they were all gone!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I heard somewhere that this race was hard and I now have firsthand knowledge that it is all that and then some. But I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. Thanks go to JM and the whole team that put this year's AZ together. Great job! We racers thought we had it tough with the weather but the course marshals and aid station volunteers put in a hard day and deserve our thanks.

There were some awesome performances out there today too. Congrats to all the winners.

This race is a must do for anyone that can clear some space on their May calendars. JM - I think you're going to have to get creative to meet some swelling demand.

Recover well everyone and have a great rest of the season.
Quote Reply

Prev Next