Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New 2021 Bikes?
Quote | Reply
There was a thread in June about potential bikes coming out at the end of the year. Cervelo just dropped a couple new bikes but what else is planned to come out? Any rumors?

Update: This is what I have found so far based off of the comments and some minor reseach:

Google Doc of 2021 Bikes

I made a spreadsheet that everyone can edit if they see a new bike come out, I still have to add the new Cannondale bikes, BMC, and Specialized. I also will add some drivetrain and component information if I am feeling really bored.
Last edited by: quinnserfa: Jul 29, 20 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [quinnserfa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait until mid Sept. Something really exciting for tri is coming.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dropped?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

Tri? Meh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Tarmac, Emonda, and I think the SuperSix has undergone some changes to sort of match the other two (the EF bikes have the integrated bar/stem that makes it more similar to the other two). Orbea has there new road bikes with increased tire clearance.

Kung is on the new Lappiere TT bike. One of these days there will be a new Speed Concept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Lapierre looks like a disc version of the old P5. I dig it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

IM races resume? That would be exciting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have specifics about the bike specifics, but Cannondale has decided to align their bike models with the calendar. They don't want to have mid-calendar year changeovers, which force retailers to discount existing models.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/...-model-year-calendar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

Any hints Jeroen? Brand? What will make it exciting??
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amnesia wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

Jeroen

Any hints Jeroen? Brand? What will make it exciting??

If you look at the brands his shop carries, you can make some assumptions.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You couldn't be more off :-) It has nothing to do with we are currently carrying.
Can't tell more at this moment other then it will be shockingly good and different from what you see right now with bikes.

Just a week or 7 to wait :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first e-TT bike. Made by Ventum so naturally it will be the only e-bike allowed at IMs
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-) :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
You couldn't be more off :-) It has nothing to do with we are currently carrying.
Can't tell more at this moment other then it will be shockingly good and different from what you see right now with bikes.

Just a week or 7 to wait :-)

Jeroen

A Tri bike that’s a Tricycle? I’m gonna look back here when we see this shockingly good and different Tri bike. Maybe you will prove right but there has probably only been but a couple such bikes in the history of Tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quinnserfa wrote:
There was a thread in June about potential bikes coming out at the end of the year. Cervelo just dropped a couple new bikes but what else is planned to come out? Any rumors?

All the big players were expected to launch new road bikes or special edition bikes this year to align with the Olympics. Specialized, BMC and Giant have stuck with there launches, in-spite of the Olympic delay. I am not convinced Trek, Cannondale or Felt has shown their cards yet. The new Emonda looks very good but its not an Olympic bike in my mind. Cannondale launched the new Scalpel XC bike for the Olympics but they haven't done anything to the same degree on the road. Felt also has a history of making flashy special bikes for the Olympics but I suspect they will hold fire until Tokyo does or does not happen.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
quinnserfa wrote:

All the big players were expected to launch new road bikes or special edition bikes this year to align with the Olympics. Specialized, BMC and Giant have stuck with there launches, in-spite of the Olympic delay. I am not convinced Trek, Cannondale or Felt has shown their cards yet. The new Emonda looks very good but its not an Olympic bike in my mind. Cannondale launched the new Scalpel XC bike for the Olympics but they haven't done anything to the same degree on the road. Felt also has a history of making flashy special bikes for the Olympics but I suspect they will hold fire until Tokyo does or does not happen.

why do you say this? Its very much a similar design philosophy to the new Tarmac, light weight plus aerodynamics in one package.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
One of these days there will be a new Speed Concept.

On Trek's site, they list the SpeedConcept as a 2021 and the new custom colors are different but I didn't see any functional changes. I saw the new Tarmac SL7 all over Instagram and it looks fresh, also don't know what is new besides the name and maybe the frame too.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quintana Roo, Felt, Scott, Cervelo, and Trek for those who are too lazy to click through :)

I think we all know a new Scott is coming. I don't see anything new coming from Felt or Cervelo. That leaves QR and Trek. Personally I think Trek is going to ride the current SC for another year.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Quintana Roo, Felt, Scott, Cervelo, and Trek for those who are too lazy to click through :)

I think we all know a new Scott is coming. I don't see anything new coming from Felt or Cervelo. That leaves QR and Trek. Personally I think Trek is going to ride the current SC for another year.

I would say so too - the only thing I saw on their website (which was a labeled 2021 SC) was a couple new colors.

Felt has not released any new bikes yet.

QR definitely coming up with something because all their bikes are on sale.
Last edited by: quinnserfa: Jul 29, 20 9:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR and ABG might just be trying to drive some volume.
The SR5 (which I think looks super good) is on sale and it just came out. Also Litespeed and Obeds on sale.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about Canyon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR always have always had end of model year sales. That doesn't mean they aren't going to introduce a new bike, but the fact they have their bikes on sale this time of year is nothing new. There is a PRsix2 that is a new bike, not sure when it was introduced, but its on their website. Nice looking bike!
Last edited by: r-b: Jul 29, 20 12:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next