Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blu quickly corrected to only lose 20s. VL seemed to be a bit more miffed and likely lost 50-60s. So they wont likely be eliminated, but VL has a huge uphill battle after that mistake....A few f bombs on their warm down.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now commentary is saying Iden went wrong and others were correct, and I think they don't actually know just yet what the splits are.....oh boy.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes for some good watching. I enjoy the format. I’d love to see some smaller stuff like this here in the states. Try to make it as viewer friendly TV friendly as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoying the race on national Norwegian TV (and it is also being streamed on their website).

Iden is on the same bike as he won the Ironman 70.3 world championship on. That is cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now Rachel Klamer moved one of the men's bikes who was racked incorrectly during the race.

SL to not penalize the men who didnt ride the correct course on the bike TT, took earlier timing splits to keep the splits close going into the final........

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 20, 19 7:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is why super League is better than itu. Ifrc in an Asian cup last year they disqualified the whole front pack due to a marshalling error...
Last edited by: looberforce: Oct 20, 19 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Enjoying the race on national Norwegian TV (and it is also being streamed on their website).

Iden is on the same bike as he won the Ironman 70.3 world championship on. That is cool.

Iden is on his bike
Last edited by: looberforce: Oct 20, 19 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [looberforce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looberforce wrote:
That is why super League is better than itu. Ifrc in an Asian cup last year they disqualified the whole front pack last year due to a marshalling error...

There was no marshalling error today, several athlete's just didn't know the course. The time gaps they had to use to "correct" the mistake took out the entire wall climb on the last lap of the bike tt.

ETA: Now the genius in all of this is that SL is actually paying the athletes to be essentially characters in this production. They are getting paid nicely to race as hard as they can go, and when they pop "smile for the cameras". It's a great business plan and production. It's also why no one will complain on camera except when the 2 boys were warming down and didnt know they were on camera were dropping F bombs and pissed off confused cus they knew they had done the right course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq8o0rIQkZU

(9:25 mark of the video)

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 20, 19 11:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
looberforce wrote:
That is why super League is better than itu. Ifrc in an Asian cup last year they disqualified the whole front pack last year due to a marshalling error...

There was no marshalling error today, several athlete's just didn't know the course. The time gaps they had to use to "correct" the mistake took out the entire wall climb on the last lap of the bike tt.

I thought Luis said he was sure he had finished but they told him he had another lap?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [looberforce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looberforce wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
looberforce wrote:

I thought Luis said he was sure he had finished but they told him he had another lap?

Yes they told them to do another lap once they officially finished the correct laps, because the guys in front of him did an extra lap cus they didnt count correctly. But their times would have stopped once crossing the line and then they were told "1 more lap".

Essentially Iden and about 5 others did 1 extra lap. VL, Blu and HS did the correct prescribed course. But because the officials thought they had done wrong, they were told they had to continue.

Thus why you can hear Blu and VL pissed off and swearing they did the right course.

Doing the extra lap would take roughly ~50s and so half the field would have been strung out and affect the "racing" in the finals.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah ok thanks I hadn't understood correctly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some really great and exciting racing as usual. I believe the officials made the right call, they were certainly a huge part of the problem, so best not to penalize athletes when the officials dont even know what is going on. They kept saying that Blu and Luis were gonna lose 30 to 50 seconds, even though they did the correct course? Just one of those things that have no template, so good on them for having a guy like Macca to help sort it all out for them. He no doubt has been screw many, many times in his career because of race problems, I know I have. And how bad would it have been anyway, if we were cheated out of the match up of Blu and Luis, both who dominated their respective heats yesterday. they did not disappoint.

So what actually happened to the bike in the women's race, chain drop and jam, or broken derailleur I think Macca may have said? Not the way to lose for sure, we got cheated out of a Katie sprint I believe, as she probably would have been outrun but had the short Shute still in hand...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

And is currently for sale in the slowtwitch classifieds.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They seemed to indicate broken RD, and on the social media pics there is some wires hanging from the rear of her bike.

I dont think the officials error'd in the officiating of it. The course is fairly simple, the only issues were from athletes who've never previously raced until this year. It's tricky because you ride past the finish each lap up the hill. So you sorta swerve to the left to continue or go straight to the finish. But because the TT was going on and different people were on the course on different laps, they couldn't close off the "turn" section yet, and they simply relied on athletes being able to count. Of course under race stress athletes f up that stuff all the time. I just think if someone is telling me SL is better than another race production because one screwed athletes over, let's also call it when it happens any other time. But I get it the athletes are essentially SL employees out there, "nothing to see here" from that odd timing issue today.

ETA: It was fun to see those 2 battle it out. The kiwi Wilde has some guts to race the way he did after the weekend of crashes. I thought the Norway interview w Blu and Iden was pretty good. They asked Iden what Blu does for fun...."nothing". Blu responded, i wish I could answer the quesetion what do I like to do for fun as "1 swim 2 bike 3 run". Pretty good interview.

He said he did a 27km uphill mountain run at some point in his training, 6k feet climb or something.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 20, 19 20:13
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [TLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TLT wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/...lon-mens-enduro-race

It's under the sport section ... Tongue

It was streamed live as well, I watched it though the bbc sport app.

Jackets wrote:
Couldn't find this to watch live anywhere despite it being advertised live in the UK on BBC player, searched Iplayer and BBC sport website and it was no where to be seen!

Having missed the first women's semi onto YouTube and Facebook to try and find the mens live only to find it was riddled with spoilers from the women's race, which set the pattern for the next few days, couldn't go anywhere near Instagram without being spammed with spoilers.

SL did a good job in the past without spamming spoilers all over social media, I don't know what's changed for this?

With that rant over...

BBC had the Sunday live live broadcast on the red button channel on Sunday but not Saturday. It shows in the guide on the red button channel so it's possible to an record it to watch later if you have a Sky/Virgin/freesat/freeview PVR.
Last edited by: Ian A: Oct 21, 19 4:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew I was done, but the road to the finish chute was blocked of with big road markers. I pointed my way in, and they pushed my out on another lap. If you jump a barricade you're pretty much a guaranteed DQ, so didn't really have a choice. They then realised their mistake and opened it up for the next guys.

Cassandre broke her front shifter all of. The bike was unrideble.

Norwegian National Team Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:
I knew I was done, but the road to the finish chute was blocked of with big road markers. I pointed my way in, and they pushed my out on another lap. If you jump a barricade you're pretty much a guaranteed DQ, so didn't really have a choice. They then realised their mistake and opened it up for the next guys.

Hei Gustav
It was really fun watching you guys racing this week. Finally, NRK is understanding that triathlon is a great TV sport.
You sure have shown you versatility this season. 70.3 world champion, ITU contender and SL contender. It seems like you are doing something right in your training. What a road you have traveled since Trollveggen Triatlon back in the days.

I hope you have gotten all the sponsors you deserve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice and great interview on the telecast w Blu.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched the men's final race. That is a hard sport. Full out all the way.

Richard Murray didn't look like he was having fun. Commentator said he was ill.

No JB? I'm not surprised that some decided to start the winter break early but great race. Shame isn't not on again until after the Olympics. Even if you aren't bother about winning it's super training but maybe the chances of crashing are just too high?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not super training if your not on. It’s probaly a bit too hard actually if you aren’t prepped for it. The intensity and lack of recovery makes it tough. With Olympics 10 months out it’s all about dialing in everything from here until then. Some want to do it as part of prep, some don’t want that intensity at this point of their “off season”.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caught the races for the first time on YouTube last night. I will definitely be subscribing and watching in the future. It was an awesome format and the racing was incredible. Great job and looking forward to more races.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Guiden wrote:

Hei Gustav
It was really fun watching you guys racing this week. Finally, NRK is understanding that triathlon is a great TV sport.
You sure have shown you versatility this season. 70.3 world champion, ITU contender and SL contender. It seems like you are doing something right in your training. What a road you have traveled since Trollveggen Triatlon back in the days.

I hope you have gotten all the sponsors you deserve.

Still surprised he did not have any sponsor in the jersey like some others.... what are the brands waiting for? He is the current 70.3 world champ, winning in fashion...

Despite Beaugraud was in the leading pack, Zaferes is showing that she is just in another level. Happy to see Klamer up there, hope she has a good 2020.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Super League Enjoys Record Breaking Year In Jersey"

That is the Super League headline on the post about the impact the SL Jersey race has had on viewership and potential tourist impact on Jersey.

https://superleaguetriathlon.com/...BBoLpsV7CkbbFmzbPXlc
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Oct 23, 19 4:36
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
what are the brands waiting for?

they're waiting for his Instagram follower count to blow up...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Super League Triathlon [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got a chance to watch the races from Malta. Fantastic viewing like always. I think if triathlon ever gains interest in the mainstream (ie viewers who are not themselves triathletes), it will happen with this and not the IM stuff. Continuous action all packed into less than an hour. I find it more entertaining than the typical ITU race as well

Vincent Luis just always seems to be in total control. Puts himself in the right position to play his strengths and make his move. Plus he is so solid across all three disciplines. Really excited to see how the Olympics play out this next year

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next