Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ho'ala Swim live results?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where to find the Ho'ala Swim live results?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Terrapon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sportstats.ca will have the results posted, I am not sure it they will update the leader board as athletes finish or wait until the end of the event and upload the results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.sportstats.ca/display-results.xhtml?raceid=117400
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep the team posted them live :), I was out there swimming that was fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love that swim. that's why i come to the island as early as i do. i'm still ahead of my 1981 kona swim split ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked the results @

https://www.sportstats.ca/...0&status=results

Strange a lot fewer top athletes raced it this year. I wonder why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michael Weiss in that list.

Just sayin'
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
Just checked the results @

https://www.sportstats.ca/...0&status=results

Strange a lot fewer top athletes raced it this year. I wonder why?

I take exception to that!

J/k I was quite happy with my 1:06 and change. First 2.4 without a wetsuit, wasn't sure how much time I'd lose. I bet there were fewer women at least because they race sooner than usual.

And WOW was that salty. I can still taste it.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Last edited by: MrRabbit: Oct 2, 22 16:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sam Laidlow swam unofficially and was first out he says in ~46:30.

Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Langridge ftw. Brandon saving herself?
Laidlow does himself ZERO favours, imho, and disrespects the organisers and their efforts. By all means swim it but do not go near the finish arch.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Oct 2, 22 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i love that swim. that's why i come to the island as early as i do. i'm still ahead of my 1981 kona swim split ;-)

Wow....Monty and Dan 1 and 2 in the M65-69 a few seconds apart. I think Monty is going slower than 1981 compared to Dan!
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Yep the team posted them live :), I was out there swimming that was fun!

Congrats on the sub 60 swim. Very studly!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Wow....Monty and Dan 1 and 2 in the M65-69 a few seconds apart. I think Monty is going slower than 1981 compared to Dan!

for me it was a surprisingly good swim, as i've been swimming like dog poop ever since my ablation. i was shooting for something better than my 1:12:48 i swam in the ironman here back in 1981. i think i had a good ride, good feet to swim on, paced it well.

monty, that's a different story. he was out to the turnaround in 27min. then his pacemaker started firing. he's got to get to the bottom of that. it's happened numerous times in long ocean swims. not always. he just won an ocean swim last week. today he kind of backstoked in, easy, just to get to shore. he was easily 10min slower than he would've been had everything electrical gone as it should've.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transition not on the pier?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:

for me it was a surprisingly good swim, as i've been swimming like dog poop ever since my ablation. i was shooting for something better than my 1:12:48 i swam in the ironman here back in 1981. i think i had a good ride, good feet to swim on, paced it well.

monty, that's a different story. he was out to the turnaround in 27min. then his pacemaker started firing. he's got to get to the bottom of that. it's happened numerous times in long ocean swims. not always. he just won an ocean swim last week. today he kind of backstoked in, easy, just to get to shore. he was easily 10min slower than he would've been had everything electrical gone as it should've.

OK that makes sense on Monty's time given his pool times. I thought that maybe he was just giving you a tow around Kailua bay! Congrats to both of you anyway!
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Langridge ftw. Brandon saving herself?
Laidlow does himself ZERO favours, imho, and disrespects the organisers and their efforts. By all means swim it but do not go near the finish arch.

I wonder why Lucy did not swim this but yet her hubby Reece did??? In past years she came out in 49 and change which is what Reece did this year. I think she is prob a tad bit faster than he is.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam will be lucky and should count his blessings if Ironman don't expel him from race next week. That behaviour will do him no favours with Ironman in the long run.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Transition not on the pier?
Yes: the PROs' transition is out on Palani (so the mount line has been moved/delayed) but everyone still has to run all round the pier. See p27 of Athletes' Guide.
Can see Long saying 'Hello, poacher' as a 'we're friends, right' greeting next time there's L v L competition.
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably because the women’s race is 2 days earlier than it usually is. Could be a great way to ruin a taper.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Laidlow is young and a bit inmature but you cannot enter a race like that...you are not on the list, you do not race....also, the organization should be aware, specially if a pro is not registered like him....do we want to promote triathlon as a growing and proffesional sport? This is not helping.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
Sam will be lucky and should count his blessings if Ironman don't expel him from race next week. That behaviour will do him no favours with Ironman in the long run.

not a agreeing or disagreeing with you , but i think the bigger issue is to bring more athletes on the island and then cap the practise swim at 1000 people...
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liability and insurance constraints by city would be my first thought wrt the permits granted and safety coverage available.

I am also aware pro athletes were emailed weeks ago by Ironman regarding requesting entry to the swim.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim live results? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
tilburs wrote:

not a agreeing or disagreeing with you , but i think the bigger issue is to bring more athletes on the island and then cap the practise swim at 1000 people...

No that is not the bigger issue. Sam is a pro, and banditing this race is childish behaviour. He has all week to go and do his own timed practice. He does not need to show up at the same time. I think he should be DQ'd from the main event for that stupidity, if for nothing else because he is not smart enough to be a pro triathlete if this is what he actually did
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
Liability and insurance constraints by city would be my first thought wrt the permits granted and safety coverage available.

I am also aware pro athletes were emailed weeks ago by Ironman regarding requesting entry to the swim.

2 races merits 2 practise swims maybe ...
we are agreed that i would not be to surprised if they wont let him race .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:

Seriously, WTF is he thinking? Banditing an official event, winning it handily, and coming up the beach and through the finish chute to applause and a medal around his neck (which he declines). Talk about awkward. I mean, this makes Rosie Ruiz look good.

"The sea is not owned by Ironman." What a douche.
Last edited by: kny: Oct 3, 22 6:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next