Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon
Quote | Reply
Found this while on a 4h indoor ride and since I've already watched the entire Netflix catalog, plus everything else on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhI7evdTWzw

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is awesome.
So proud to be European at this moment. So proud!

P.S. Apparently they’re Belgian, not French.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very entertaining. The vid with Remco is a blast. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude swam a 1:08 for a 100 METERS at the end of his workout. Gad-dang that's faster than I go at max and I swim like 15+k a week with intervals. Kinda crazy that his predicted IM swim was 1:20 though - seems way slow for a 1:08 max swimmer.
Last edited by: lightheir: Jan 28, 23 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Dude swam a 1:08 for a 100 METERS at the end of his workout. Gad-dang that's faster than I go at max and I swim like 15+k a week with intervals. Kinda crazy that his predicted IM swim was 1:20 though - seems way slow for a 1:08 max swimmer.

Right? If he works on swim endurance I’d say should be more like a 55 min ironman swim if he can swim a 100 in 1:08

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Right? If he works on swim endurance I’d say should be more like a 55 min ironman swim if he can swim a 100 in 1:08
he was a serious swimmer in his childhood, made A finals at senior nat champs in belgium, so i guess it wont take him long to get 100 m time to 1 min flat if he wanted. but you saw his lactate was rather high when he did 4.32 for 300 ie no fitness at the moment which is why his 3,8 prediction was so slow.
i saw the video with van riel a while ago and i checked him out, as it was clear that he could swim despite his goofing around.

i assume they will go for hamburg as this is the only one arno will have a chance to finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was way more entertaining than I expected. And Remco was hilarious with them.
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
robgray wrote:
lightheir wrote:

he was a serious swimmer in his childhood, made A finals at senior nat champs in belgium, so i guess it wont take him long to get 100 m time to 1 min flat if he wanted. but you saw his lactate was rather high when he did 4.32 for 300 ie no fitness at the moment which is why his 3,8 prediction was so slow.
i saw the video with van riel a while ago and i checked him out, as it was clear that he could swim despite his goofing around.

i assume they will go for hamburg as this is the only one arno will have a chance to finish.

Ah that makes sense - I don't feel so bad anymore!

His buddy was super fast as well though, I wonder what his swim background was. If he had low-zero background, it would be super impressive he could even do that test at that speed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a fun watch - will definitely try to keep up with them over the coming months. I wish I could do a 1:08 100!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Episode 2 is up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is pretty good content.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If every triathlete made videos like this, Id be hooked haha that was really good and funny. The humor is great. All the triathlete videos are just so damn serious its more like watching a documentary/biography than watching some lighthearted training video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Episode #3:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“I was not even in the ballsack of my father….”
Almost spat my drink out on the turbo!!!
So so funny.
Great find thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- I broke the world record [in Kona] by like 8 or 9 minutes but it wasn't enough to win, somebody also beat me.
- Gustav.
- Exactly.
- Motherfucker!
- I just train with my dad in the garage.
- You're the ghetto version of Gustav Iden.
- Exactly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys produce some of the funniest content out there!
Episode 1/2 are pure gold! They really do best when they can bounce off someone (go watch the remco video/Pole vault/Heptatlon etc.), even the banter with Luc and Fred van lierde is so much fun, really different worlds colliding in a wholesome way!

Sam adds some great flavor to this one, had hoped he was a bit more in it though :)
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is absolut fun to watch, also I'm amazed at how much their fitness improved from when they started.
I didn't think they will take the training seriously enough. Kudos to them.

Also, have to mention the Borat themed Castelli tri-suit. I LIKE!!!
Last edited by: DoronG: Jun 1, 23 7:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys are incredibly fun to watch. Great combination of taking the training seriously and actually doing the work while obviously not taking themselves too seriously. Just great to watch them having fun with it and getting fitter and I can't wait to see them actually do the race.
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello. Those guys are from Belgium. I remember this video with Martin Van Riel, quite funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj3VE9CCmc

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find this thread when their 2nd IM episode was up! Glad I found it again. I've enjoyed all of their YT content, especially when they are working with others that "get them" and things are not taken too seriously. Is there anything that they can't do or quickly learn?
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I thought he said Klagenfurt in Ep. 2.

OP: Thanks for posting the link. The videos are really good.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:

I thought he said Klagenfurt in Ep. 2.

OP: Thanks for posting the link. The videos are really good.

yes they did say klagenfurt in the 2nd video
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoronG wrote:
It is absolut fun to watch, also I'm amazed at how much their fitness improved from when they started.
I didn't think they will take the training seriously enough. Kudos to them.

Also, have to mention the Borat themed Castelli tri-suit. I LIKE!!!

I was curious as to how seriously they would take the training etc, but then you look at the DEXA etc and they have really cleaned up their diet and training. I wish they had more videos of their training along the way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody knows if Average Rob here made it through IM Austria as planned yday?

No news on his channels...

https://www.instagram.com/averagerob/
Quote Reply
Re: French Borat Beavis and Butthead do triathlon [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob Van Impe did it in 12:26:19 and his younger brother Arno in 15:36:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next