Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jack can do anything!

Will he be using a disc?

He'll be running a Copenhagen Wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

probably a disc cover. I hope he breaks 2:10....I never have but its a goal of mine. Maybe I can go head to head with him at that race and see if I can get closer to 2:10. that would kick ass.

Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
swim 22
t1 3
bike 59
t2 2
run 43

If its the exact same course as CapTexTri, those transitions AREN'T padded, T1 especially with wetsuit removal, easily could be 3+ minutes.

Realistically, unless you bike like the pro's you're NOT gonna break 60 on that bike course (if its the same as CTT), so you're gonna have to run sub 40min, in ~90+ deg heat to get under 2:10. Think realistically and train that way, don't put all your eggs in the bike basket.

Good luck! Its also my dream time for this years CTT race, but I'll be happy to break 2:14.

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [xcsnail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should go for your sub 2:10 at the Toyota US Open in Dallas on 10-10-10. I assume they will go ahead and have it.

Maybe you can go head to head with Matt, I think he did that race last year. It should at least be a faster course anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find a better race. Most of the one I do in OH are like 90 sec t1 and 30 sec t2. I assume that your bike training is solid, but what's your swim and run training like? 23 not bad, but there is a lot of to to improve on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel a tri-sport Rocky-esque training montage coming on!!

I rode a ~59m at the Austin Tri last year and did it on a P2-sl with slowtwitch approved aerodynamics with a modest wattage (252avg, 256norm @ roughly 3.7 watts/kg). With a solid summer of V02/SST threshold work J.M. will be able to get there on the bike, no doubt. The sufferfest videos are going to take care of all the speed work. :o)

The pivotal key is the run. Can Mr. Mott get enough injury free base and speed work to do the low 40's run required?
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [wiffcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is Slowtwitch. Every one swims 1500 in 20 because 23 is easy. Bikes sub 60 because 63 is easy and runs sub 38 because 40 is pedestrian. Everyone is fast until they race then the excuses come in. You know the wind, traffic, GI, bad RD,long transition run, long swim, bike, run, slow traffic, bad aid stations, rain, not A race, bad taper, no taper, legs just did not have it but I did not bike too hard, shitty water, leg cramps, to sunny, too hot, too humid, too hilly, bad roads.

Good luck breaking 2.09.59! It's fast.

Looking like a color blind super hero!
Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
head to head with matt? I would never see him

In Reply To:
You should go for your sub 2:10 at the Toyota US Open in Dallas on 10-10-10. I assume they will go ahead and have it.

Maybe you can go head to head with Matt, I think he did that race last year. It should at least be a faster course anyway.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect you go a minute or two over on the swim, try to make it up on the bike, maybe (big maybe) hit your time goal on the bike, and then do a 6.2mi victory walk on the run course.

This is just my opinion. On the plus side, all the training for this may let you finally beat your fiancee in a race some time this summer...
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the bike goal may be a pipe dream

Get a cycling coach.

Someone like Tyler Hamilton.

Now that is funny.

My prediction is a longer than expected swim, he kills himself on the bike [not getting it done in under an hour anyway] and runs 45 plus. Jack does not even run does he?
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way more fun to speculate :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would think running would be a HUGE priority for you. that bike is not gonna do you squat when you have to walk the whole run.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

ST's most prolific poster has accepted a challenge of going sub 2:09:59 at the Austin Triathlon Sept 6, 2010 in another thread (after getting blasted by Matty Reed) http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Can he do it folks??

Yes, he can!
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [Rockhopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is Slowtwitch. Everyone is fast until they race then the excuses come in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race to T2 is the only thing that matters!

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: bad929: Apr 8, 10 8:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
look at my training log, since 3/1 I have been updating it meticulously, no need to speculate

Well, if blogging and a meticulous training log detail have anything to do with race performance you will probably go 1:47 flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to your training log, you rode the 12 mile chronometro TT in 30 minutes. That does not bode well for a 59 minute 40K split in a tri.

Also it looks like you may need to bump up your run mileage to have any shot of a low 40's run split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problemo, we put a GPS on him and you watch his progress on a Iphone screen. :o)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As I see it he'd have to run 41 minutes off the bike and hope for a wetsuit swim.

He would also need to start in the "open" wave, not his age group wave. On the multi loop bike course it's really slow going on the 2nd and 3rd loops. He'd be doing good to break 1:02.

We'll see.

You should try a wetsuit run; you won't be cold!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we should get a pool going. Come up with an over/under or some odds and lets get some $ flowing on this.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not easy. I have only done once, and will probably never again.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he can break it b/c of the new semi AoD set up.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [big slow mover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine matt reed switching cycling coach is leading to a breakthrough performance of jackmott.
Quote Reply
Re: Can Jackmott go sub 2:09:59?? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't be that hard consensus is that it's a no go. So we start the odds at 1-4 that he can do it. As the money flows in, if it's mainly on the side that he can do it, the odds will decrease to say 1-2 or that he can't maybe it goes to 3-5.

I think starting with the odds that he can't do it seem logical based upon this thread. Maybe he can though, that's the great part about betting.

If we could get a historical race report from him with his last 4-5 races, we could easily establish and over/under time.

I'd throw $10 on him based upon the odds and another $15 on the over under. Although last time I bet on MarkyV the f*cker went faster and I had to give up caffeine for a month. What an ahole. Not marky, me with out caffeine.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does everyone have a fucking boner for Jackmott? So, he posts a lot. He repeats a lot of what Tom A, AC and others would say, but they don't since they're mundane questions repeatedly asked. There is (perhaps used to be ... and I haven't been an ST regular forever to have noticed) a braintrust of specific and quality knowledge that doesn't contribute much any more. Jack fills a role. Seemingly, he really likes the sport. BFD. Jack, put on a flea collar and scratch your balls.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply

Prev Next