Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
Anyone want to let me borrow some helmets for my testing with desertdude next month? ;)

What dates?

Driving from DC 4/18 and testing 4/19 around Greensboro area

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
I have the Rudy(not the newest on the tour) if you want to pay for shipping, I'll send it your way.

Thank you! Will shoot you a pm

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've just watched the one on shoes, which was interesting, but I can't help feel they are missing something fundamental in the set-up as the MTB shoes being faster than all others with them pedals just blows my mind.

Funny to see a comment too "slowtwitch said 10yrs ago Bont shoes were crap" or something to that effect :D
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
I've just watched the one on shoes, which was interesting, but I can't help feel they are missing something fundamental in the set-up as the MTB shoes being faster than all others with them pedals just blows my mind.

He adressed one quite substantial hypothesis on why the mtb-shoe and pedal possibly could give those results. An increase in stack height gives a smaller frontal area if you do not compensate your seath height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
Anyone want to let me borrow some helmets for my testing with desertdude next month? ;)

What dates?

Ah, OK. I will be going to Brian's other location (Tucson) so I thought paths may cross.

I may try and recruit some people to do some rolling resistance / tire pressure testing
Last edited by: marcag: Mar 22, 24 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nazgul350r wrote:
Bont shoes were not as quick.

I'm sad :( Love my Bont's - at least they 'look' fast - all that matters I suppose! LOL

Regards, Richard
3D Bits and Pieces - https://www.printables.com/@thetrickster_793480
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing how well laced shoes test makes me think in the coming years we'll see shoe covers with texture added to the top of the foot.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Seeing how well laced shoes test makes me think in the coming years we'll see shoe covers with texture added to the top of the foot.

That is probably a really good guess. Given that Dowsett’s connections to NoPinz, you can guess that they are already thinking about this. SwissSide would be another guess, given that they don’t have shoe covers out, yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riedinaustin wrote:
My son's arrived yesterday and the fit is great. It's easy to put on so will be fast in transition. It also has very good optics/visibility and comes with smoke/mirror and clear shields. With the large shield and airy interior area I think many people will feel less confined thus not opting to ride instead with sunglasses. The thin face sock can easily be tucked up behind the frame that touches the top of the head. It's a big helmet but it doesn't feel heavy and size large has a lot of adjustability to keep it secure.

Only slight downsides so far is the shield can't be removed and stored on the helmet with a magnet and I can't seem to fit the helmet with the shield installed into the helmet case. Matte black is also a finger magnet.

He's excited to race with it this weekend at Bevoman.

Is there any room in the helmet for a top knot/ponytail to fit ie. a gap between the head retention system and the shell of the helmet? Some helmets are better than others for this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

What dates?

Ah, OK. I will be going to Brian's other location (Tucson) so I thought paths may cross.

I may try and recruit some people to do some rolling resistance / tire pressure testing

When are you coming in Marc?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
marcag wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

What dates?

When are you coming in Marc?

Trying to coordinate several people is like herding cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

hahahah I know. LMK if I can help. Launched my fit studio in Bicycle Ranch Tucson yesterday. Can probably recruit a few riders from the team

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
marcag wrote:

hahahah I know. LMK if I can help. Launched my fit studio in Bicycle Ranch Tucson yesterday. Can probably recruit a few riders from the team

Unrelated: I've been meaning to drive down from Phoenix and do the Saturday BRT group ride. Worth the trip, in your opinion?
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geetee wrote:

Unrelated: I've been meaning to drive down from Phoenix and do the Saturday BRT group ride. Worth the trip, in your opinion?

I'd say so. It's a really solid group and it's been voted as one of the best Saturday rides in the US. Plus there is so much to do in TUS that you can't really get in PHX.

Desert museum
different styles of mexican food / native American food (i'm very far from a foodie much to my wife's and Sis in law's sadness)
Lots of cool establishments to grab a brew.
hiking
skiing if there is still snow up on Mt. Lemmon

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
His series is genius.

It's a good series. But it is also specific for Dowsett. I wouldn't buy a helmet based on his findings. I've tested the TT5 on several people, it's never been fastest for those people. Not saying it's a bad helmet. But if I were buying a helmet without data, I'd go with the AeroHead or Mistral.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:

heck why wait a few years for someone else to come out with it, cut up an old lace into appropriately sized strips and glue onto a shoe cover for testing? Maybe even a less permanent solution is get some different thickness/widths of elastic bands (act as trips?) and put them around the shoecover/shoe and test different combinations....? Lots of "fun" to be had..... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense since a lot aero clothing is ridged and patterned, especially on the leading body parts that face the wind; arms, thighs etc
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

I dont the the TT5 is that bad looking, it comes in on Saturday so will know more soon.

Well, I got mine Saturday, put it on, and the dog went absolutely berserk. My wife wasn’t impressed either.

LMAO

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riedinaustin wrote:
My son's arrived yesterday and the fit is great. It's easy to put on so will be fast in transition. It also has very good optics/visibility and comes with smoke/mirror and clear shields. With the large shield and airy interior area I think many people will feel less confined thus not opting to ride instead with sunglasses. The thin face sock can easily be tucked up behind the frame that touches the top of the head. It's a big helmet but it doesn't feel heavy and size large has a lot of adjustability to keep it secure.

Only slight downsides so far is the shield can't be removed and stored on the helmet with a magnet and I can't seem to fit the helmet with the shield installed into the helmet case. Matte black is also a finger magnet.

Guess it might only be me and him out there with it then! See yall out there.

Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan The Man wrote:
Riedinaustin wrote:

Is there any room in the helmet for a top knot/ponytail to fit ie. a gap between the head retention system and the shell of the helmet? Some helmets are better than others for this

It works great with long hair/ponytail!
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Riedinaustin wrote:

Guess it might only be me and him out there with it then! See yall out there.

Great and good luck tomorrow!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Dont we have studies showing the overheating due to a hot helmet is false? I have been using no vent helmets for years and never had an issue.

Were you using your no vent helmets in cooler ambient temperatures? Did you ever use your no vent helmets in temperatures greater than 90° F (32° Celsius)?
Last edited by: RichardL: Mar 25, 24 13:14
Quote Reply
Re: Alex Dowsett's "The Big Test" Aero Series [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
Dont we have studies showing the overheating due to a hot helmet is false? I have been using no vent helmets for years and never had an issue.

Were you using your no vent helmets in cooler ambient temperatures? Did you ever use your no vent helmets in temperatures greater than 90° F (32° Celsius)?

IMTX x 2
Kona x 2

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a large KASK Mistral with Aero Pro Eye Shield/Visor if you want to borrow. I am in Fayetteville, NC
Quote Reply

Prev Next