Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Already seeing some age group packs going the other way.

Those packs look pretty bad at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were to guess, they are still in beta. Their home page is just about blank and I'm guessing that they're not getting paid. Why don't you set up the women's coverage page? That would reduce the sexism.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
Holly Lawrence now an even minute ahead of Brandon. I think still about 3 minutes ahead of Ryf's chase pack.
DRAMA! Chase pack now 3:30 behind Lawrence and it's Steffen leading the pack. Then Cave, Kaye, Wurtele, Tisseyre, Luxford, and then a 15 second GAP to Ryf. Drama.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
sylvan wrote:
Holly Lawrence now an even minute ahead of Brandon. I think still about 3 minutes ahead of Ryf's chase pack.
DRAMA! Chase pack now 3:30 behind Lawrence and it's Steffen leading the pack. Then Cave, Kaye, Wurtele, Tisseyre, Luxford, and then a 15 second GAP to Ryf. Drama.

Dropped Ryf? Roth+Zurich recovery effect?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
sylvan wrote:

So far this is an incredible performance from Holly.

Incredible meaning not credible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
sylvan wrote:
sylvan wrote:

So far this is an incredible performance from Holly.

Incredible meaning not credible.

Who is the coach you alluded to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't recall the name but desert dude posted about it on the thread that Jordan pulled down due to Matt Dixon and/or Sarah P threatening to sue over the content. And TRS talked about it on a recent poscast. The guy coaches pro cyclists anyways and we all know what that entails....

Great cycling workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Already seeing some age group packs going the other way.

Those packs look pretty bad at this point.

The egregious drafting is the sole reason I may never do 70.3 World's again. It is a complete and utter joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
I can't recall the name but desert dude posted about it on the thread that Jordan pulled down due to Matt Dixon and/or Sarah P threatening to sue over the content. And TRS talked about it on a recent poscast. The guy coaches pro cyclists anyways and we all know what that entails....

Great cycling workouts.

Why would Matt Dixon or Sarah P threaten to sue about Holly's coach?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holly was coached by Matt until very recently. It was said in the context of the Matt Dixon discussion. I can't really say anymore or I will be banned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dreitz, Butterfield, Kienle, Bozzone, Reed, Appleton, Amberger, Clavel, Bowstead, Gambles, McMahon, Wild, Crowie, Don, Kastelein - top 15 all together, 4 miles to go.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Meanwhile, the coverage blabs on in oblivion.

Oh snap - Welchie just posted that dude from Sydney up! "He used to be half that size". Hopefully good Aussie mate humor.

Almost makes you forget how boring the race coverage is. Live GPS or something would be so nice...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then Crawford and Franklin 90 seconds back, then Sanders in 18th, 3:18 off the leader.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
Dreitz, Butterfield, Kienle, Bozzone, Reed, Appleton, Amberger, Clavel, Bowstead, Gambles, McMahon, Wild, Crowie, Don, Kastelein - top 15 all together, 4 miles to go.

McMahon and Crowie are pretty strong runners out of this group. Kienle ran 2:44 in Frankfurt off a 4:12 bike. Lionel is still hovering close to 3 min back. He'll be hard pressed for a podium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
Then Crawford and Franklin 90 seconds back, then Sanders in 18th, 3:18 off the leader.

So Sanders is out there pushing 350 watts and losing time to the train. Interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They turned off Welchie's mic. He's never sounded so good.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
sylvan wrote:

So Sanders is out there pushing 350 watts and losing time to the train. Interesting.

The train has the lead moto. You can't compete with that. I was hoping that Amberger would hold the moto for longer and when Kienle picked up the moto, he drops everyone, but they all rode with him, so you have the Moto + Kienle + Drietz and then the Brent McMahon+Tim Don "never take a pull crew" sucking all the way to T2. Meanwhile, yes, Lionel is pushing 360W and getting dropped. As I said, this course is just too easy. Advantage Crowie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Advantage Don. He's the finest runner in the train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crowie doesnt have a chance. Keinle & Don.
Last edited by: arby: Sep 3, 16 15:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has to be holding back for some reason.......no way he gained 0 time back on the bike without some sort of issue or "strategy"
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
He has to be holding back for some reason.......no way he gained 0 time back on the bike without some sort of issue or "strategy"

The issue is massive drafting and incompetent moto behavior.

The fact that Jimmy allows this to happen is a huge embarrassment and such poor form
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
sylvan wrote:

And this is why they say you can lose the race on the swim.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:

I don't think Lionel was holding back. He was likely riding his watts which gets him more or less the same speed as Kienle. But Kienle got to trade with Drietz and then Clavel and Butterfield, so those 4 guys riding their watts will go faster than Sanders solo. Add in the moto and no way Sanders can close that gap. Meanwhile Crowie+Don+McMahon got a nice free ride at Sanders/Kienle speed without having to ride Sanders/Kienle watts. That's just the nature of these races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:

Perhaps you're underestimating the huge advantage created by the draft from the photo motorbikes, trikes as well as other 10+ competitors. It was hilarious to watch so many in that line repeatedly have to sit bolt upright and even hit their brakes to prevent overtaking the bike ahead of them. Lionel on the other hand had none of his benefit.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To whom?

PubliusValerius wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
stevej wrote:
There were 10 or so men still swimming to the start line when they sounded the horn. It looked like quite the swim from the beach to the start (not exactly short).

OK I missed that...it was "in water start?"

What do you guys think about Holly Lawrence. She's had a few fast runs too?

I think she has recently made a highly interesting coaching change...I wouldn't be surprised to see her kill it in light of that fact.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next