Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see Bouhanni and Moscon square off. No matter who clobbers who, it's a win for cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I agree about Sep. Wasn't his best bridging effort.

The team that looked downright awful was Ineos. When they got caught out by the break only Stannard was able to go to the front to try to control it. He did help get it down just under 20 seconds. At which point Moscon or Rowe or someone should have at least *tried* to jump across. But no one was there. Stannard sat up, and that was that.

Come on, Moscon was very busy looking for someone to punch, he didn't have time to focus on the race.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, in the event Strade Bianche and/or MSR get cancelled, would we consider adding in another race like Nokere Koerse to our program?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
I'd like to see Bouhanni and Moscon square off. No matter who clobbers who, it's a win for cycling.

You just know that Moscon will fight dirty. Probably get DQ'ed in the 3rd round for trying a roundhouse kick
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhm, wow. https://www.strava.com/activities/3144235854

303 AP / 333 NP / 5475 kg for the Tractor for 200k.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

He needs like a custom steam locomotive paint job on his bike.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
So, in the event Strade Bianche and/or MSR get cancelled, would we consider adding in another race like Nokere Koerse to our program?

I have a different proposal which you all will hopefully like. Not to be politically or morally correct or whatever, but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching womens cyclocross and the women already have had some great races last year in the Classics. What if we do De Ronde for both men and women? Ok the easy thing to do is just put 3 Dutch names up, but still.

Carl Spackler wrote:

Damn! Still a really impressive feat for him to stay with the breakaway that long over those punchy climbs. I hope he manages to do the same and stay away, for instance to take 3rd in Paris-Roubaix or something.

I checked again and Stuyven had 315W AP and 370WNP, 4.04W/kg for 5 hours.. To do that on Saturday and compete again on Sunday.. He's not doing Strade Bianche I believe so he gets a bit more recovery but I expect him to be there again the next race.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be for that. van Vleuten just sent it Saturday (after soloing herself back from a mechanical).

Thanks for organizing, and being on top of all.

Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just announced that the Strade is a go! WOHOOW!

Tireno and Milano-San Remo are still in doubt but we can do the male+female Ronde van Vlaanderen if that one gets cancelled if everyone agrees.

Edit: Tireno and MSR are also confirmed!

And no problem, I've enjoyed playing this game the last couple of years so I have no problem taking over the torch for this year ;)
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Mar 2, 20 5:31
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your work and happy belated birthday mate!

And hell yes for Strade Bianchi still being on!
Last edited by: turdburgler: Mar 2, 20 9:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:

I have a different proposal which you all will hopefully like. Not to be politically or morally correct or whatever, but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching womens cyclocross and the women already have had some great races last year in the Classics. What if we do De Ronde for both men and women? Ok the easy thing to do is just put 3 Dutch names up, but still.

Carl Spackler wrote:

Damn! Still a really impressive feat for him to stay with the breakaway that long over those punchy climbs. I hope he manages to do the same and stay away, for instance to take 3rd in Paris-Roubaix or something.

I checked again and Stuyven had 315W AP and 370WNP, 4.04W/kg for 5 hours.. To do that on Saturday and compete again on Sunday.. He's not doing Strade Bianche I believe so he gets a bit more recovery but I expect him to be there again the next race.

The Tractor is one of the absolute classiest riders in cycling. What he does for others is exceptional. 370 NP for 5 hours. OUCH. That's my best ever hour power. Cannot fathom that output.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
so, is tearing up the race number a thing? like spitting on the green in golf?

He didn't even manage to tear it apparently, but he made it a thing by doing this in a symbolic way. He noticed the camera, then took off the number to make a point. That point being that he he's the biggest c*** in the peloton.

Zico Waeytens (former rider, now boxer) shouted him out on twitter, saying that if he'd ever throw a bike at one of his friends, he'd put him between his bike frame, which should only take 6 seconds. I'd like to see this event. But indeed, Moscon would cheat in a fight, probably involving a car as he's used to.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strade Bianche is going to be a slugfest to try and pick, what with spring classics guys already flying, stage racers/climbers mixing in, and the all-arounder wildcards like Lutsenko, Fuglsang, Valverde and Schachmann.

My sentimental pick is done: Skujins, with Bardet a close second.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing is for sure, I'll not pick the winner. This is wide open.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll take Van Aert for 3rd, seems to be his place for this race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:

He's on the start list for Le Samyn though (along with quite a few hitters), which seems crazy after the weekend he had.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The Tractor is one of the absolute classiest riders in cycling. What he does for others is exceptional. 370 NP for 5 hours. OUCH. That's my best ever hour power. Cannot fathom that output.

He was so close to winning Le Samyn last year. Perhaps his fortunes might change this year?

Also, how did you get to the actual power files for Stuyven (his strava file is just speed)?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't ask me. I was replying to TriJoe's post. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cavagna went long in Southern France too. Put him, Asgreen and Jungel Bob on same lineup and other teams are going to do a lot of chasing.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Thanks for your work and happy belated birthday mate!

And hell yes for Strade Bianchi still being on!

Thank you! ;)

ClayDavis wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:

He's on the start list for Le Samyn though (along with quite a few hitters), which seems crazy after the weekend he had.

Didn't look at the start list for GP Samyn yet, that's a tough one after an opening weekend like that.. Although I have the feeling he'll be riding for Quinn Simmons to allow him to have a go.

echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

He was so close to winning Le Samyn last year. Perhaps his fortunes might change this year?

Also, how did you get to the actual power files for Stuyven (his strava file is just speed)?

Velon posted them on Instagram and Trek racing shared the same picture:

https://www.velon.cc/...tuyven-takes-the-win

Maybe even more impressive is the 1410W sprint he still pulled off after 315W AP 370W NP for 5 hours.. The repeatibility of the efforts these guys can do is ridiculous.

Preliminary picks for the Strade Bianche:
Fuglsang, Van Aert, Nibali
Clarke

Van der Poel hasn't been on his bike for 4-5 days already so I'm doubtful he'll actually race at this point, which is really unfortunate since the course suits him. Bit of an off road Amstel so to speak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In racing news, Hugo Hofstetter unseats Maxine Monfort for coolest French cyclist name. Chapeau!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True, but can’t touch Taco van der Hoorn ftw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always loved Boy van Poppel, but you are right; Taco takes the cake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I am not sure about the cake bit Taco definitely takes the salsa. (ok that was corny, I know but I just had to say it ;) )
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha thats good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next