Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

Shambolic wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Grow up

So you can openly praise a bike for years, even hand out your old bikes and then they are highly dangerous, so you seek a safe alternative and then openly state that you went to Diamondback for financial gain. Where are your ethics handing out supposedly unsafe bikes and what seems tainting a name for what he has stated in the settlement as financial gain. Is anyone going to believe or listen to what Rapp has to say again? My advice he should stay out of the forum especially with a lack of morals or anything trustworthy to say. Where can I sign such an athlete to my brand? Just my opinion...

Did you actually reed one of the many reviews Jordan wrote overvthe last several years? A lot of them were on products he was mot sponsored by and he wrote about as objective as possible. I personally don't believe that the released statement is the whole truth behind this situation, but more a way that Jordan might had to agree on because the risk of going to court is long and very expensive. Money plays an important role and i think the risk on losing money on an endless lawsuit is not a very nice picture for the future. So he might just have to agree on this statement and swallow the pill or risking a long road in court.

Personally, i have asked Jordan for some help the last weeks with my Diamondback / Zipp project and can only say that he reacted most of the time faster then either of the companies customer service and was of great help.

Both Dimond and Jordan probably wish they could set the clock back in time and maybe both made decisions based on emotion and too fast, but i don't think there is any reason to burn this guy down the way is done here.

J.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [tri-run] [ In reply to ]

tri-run wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Grow up

So you can openly praise a bike for years, even hand out your old bikes and then they are highly dangerous, so you seek a safe alternative and then openly state that you went to Diamondback for financial gain. Where are your ethics handing out supposedly unsafe bikes and what seems tainting a name for what he has stated in the settlement as financial gain. Is anyone going to believe or listen to what Rapp has to say again? My advice he should stay out of the forum especially with a lack of morals or anything trustworthy to say. Where can I sign such an athlete to my brand? Just my opinion...

Did you actually reed one of the many reviews Jordan wrote overvthe last several years? A lot of them were on products he was mot sponsored by and he wrote about as objective as possible. I personally don't believe that the released statement is the whole truth behind this situation, but more a way that Jordan might had to agree on because the risk of going to court is long and very expensive. Money plays an important role and i think the risk on losing money on an endless lawsuit is not a very nice picture for the future. So he might just have to agree on this statement and swallow the pill or risking a long road in court.

Personally, i have asked Jordan for some help the last weeks with my Diamondback / Zipp project and can only say that he reacted most of the time faster then either of the companies customer service and was of great help.

Both Dimond and Jordan probably wish they could set the clock back in time and maybe both made decisions based on emotion and too fast, but i don't think there is any reason to burn this guy down the way is done here.

J.

So he might have bad mouthed a product to get out of the contract for financial gain also. It's what's stated in the settlement and with no one saying otherwise, based on the evidence and if he wants any credibility as a person and supposed expert probably easier to believe.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [tri-run] [ In reply to ]

just the 2 cents from a current sponsor's point of view:

our company has been involved with Jordan Rapp for almost 10 years. even though we were not his sponsor over all those years, we have kept a very close and cordial relationship.
this year, we had the opportunity to include Jordan into Team Kiwami and there was not much hesitation.
for us, his professionalism, athleticism and courtesy are difficult to match.
we are regularly in touch with a number of other tri pros: very few can come close, unfortunately.

the recent incident is of course regrettable but in the big picture, we cannot but express our most sincere gratitude to Jordan's ambassadorship.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

Why, why, WHY in the world do you bother responding to Dave??? He is the most narcissistic individual ever witnessed. He won't actually consider what you've written.

But I get it (even though Dave doesn't) - you're really responding to educate other readers.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [HVP] [ In reply to ]

HVP wrote:
Why, why, WHY in the world do you bother responding to Dave??? He is the most narcissistic individual ever witnessed. He won't actually consider what you've written.

But I get it (even though Dave doesn't) - you're really responding to educate other readers.

I strive to be the best at anything I do. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

What was published/you read was NOT a settlement ageeement. There was a private settlement agreement with MANY terms and conditions, one of which was the statement that was published. You may or may not care but there is a big difference.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
What was published/you read was NOT a settlement ageeement. There was a private settlement agreement with MANY terms and conditions, one of which was the statement that was published. You may or may not care but there is a big difference.

Agree totally and stand by what I stated.

So he might have bad mouthed a product to get out of the contract for financial gain also. It's what's stated in the settlement and with no one saying otherwise, based on the evidence and if he wants any credibility as a person and supposed expert probably easier to believe.

He could have fought it if he thought he was in the right and he chose to agree to those terms and put out that statement. I understand there would have been a lot of behind the scenes terms but based on what shallow evidence he provided and the way he went about things that's my belief. You are entitled to yours.

Actually you don't stand by what you say. You are posting anonymously and with an agenda.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]

If you want to trawl my posts you can find my full name and why I have interest. How the hell am I to know who ajthomas is??? Based on the settlement I am calling it the way I think it is. Everyone is feely voicing there opinion and I'm voicing mine simple as that.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]

ajthomas wrote:
niccolo wrote:
I'm not surprised the agreed settlement statement includes unequivocal language that the bikes are safe, even if Rapp previously unequivocally stated he thought they were not. Dimond really couldn't agree to anything less and stay in the bike business. I'm a bit surprised Rapp was also willing to sign off on the statement that his sole motivation for going to Diamondback was financial, as opposed to something more vague about "mutual differences." They really made him eat his words here.

I did not read it that way. The legal dispute was over a breach of contract. So what I read from the statement is Rapp got out of his contract because Dimond did not supply him with a functional product. The rest of the statement is just noise.

FYI the Chris Blick's lawsuit was also resolved.

Seems you have the exact opposite agenda/opinion to mine and maybe why you started this thread. You want to believe Rapp is a saint and I see him a a villain. Why am I indifferent apart from opinions to you and you feel you can pass judgement??? I happen to agree with niccolo.

Shambolic wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
niccolo wrote:
I'm not surprised the agreed settlement statement includes unequivocal language that the bikes are safe, even if Rapp previously unequivocally stated he thought they were not. Dimond really couldn't agree to anything less and stay in the bike business. I'm a bit surprised Rapp was also willing to sign off on the statement that his sole motivation for going to Diamondback was financial, as opposed to something more vague about "mutual differences." They really made him eat his words here.

I did not read it that way. The legal dispute was over a breach of contract. So what I read from the statement is Rapp got out of his contract because Dimond did not supply him with a functional product. The rest of the statement is just noise.

FYI the Chris Blick's lawsuit was also resolved.

Seems you have the exact opposite agenda/opinion to mine and maybe why you started this thread. You want to believe Rapp is a saint and I see him a a villain. Why am I indifferent apart from opinions to you and you feel you can pass judgement??? I happen to agree with niccolo.

I'm no saint. But I'd also like to think I'm not a villain. Mostly I'd say that I'm simply an actual real person. With plenty of flaws. And, hopefully, some redeeming qualities as well. I realize that such considerations are not in vogue online. Carry on...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp

Shambolic wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

. It's what's stated in the settlement

I now know what the Aero needs on here feel like when people like me try to enter into their realm. I give up.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jun 10, 17 3:50

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

I wonder why finman does not get the love on ST since he said he was sorry. :)

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

Does anyone actually hate finman? I thought it was more of an ongoing joke / wtf thing than anything else.

Julie miller on the other hand, but she's never apologized and unlike lance, she wasn't just playing the game the way everyone else did.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

JasoninHalifax wrote:
Does anyone actually hate finman? I thought it was more of an ongoing joke / wtf thing than anything else.

Julie miller on the other hand, but she's never apologized and unlike lance, she wasn't just playing the game the way everyone else did.

How about if Kevin Moats said he was sorry for doping and drafting? :)

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

I'm not going through every single hypothetical. Moats hasn't shown any sign of remorse or acknowledgement that what he did was wrong, so why consider what our perception of him would be if he did?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

Well said. I always find it funny that people still have this view that the world is made up of villains and saints. The world is filled with individuals that have to make up very complex decisions in life every day and at times they make the wrong decision. There are individuals that break that mold and are true villains but I would not classify you as one. I would not classify Miller or Armstrong as villains either but man are they at another level on the scale. lol.

The world and individuals are not just that simple sorry.

I think this was a complex situation that if you had to do again might do differently but I would not classify you as a villain nor a saint but an individual.

I am happy that you were able to move on and focus on your family and other endeavors.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [BMANX] [ In reply to ]

at a certain point in every hot thread 2 things happen:

1. those with fertile minds, who can hold multiple paradoxical thoughts in them, who agree to live in a world where big ideas almost always exist in tension, exit the discussion in frustration because of those who can't see outside of their narrow viewports.

2. those with narrow viewports become more and more strident and dominate the thread, unconcerned by the damage caused by the shrapnel flying off their posts.

i think we've reached that point in the thread, and therefore i'm going to close it down soon. those with last licks to get in, the bar is closing, last call.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
at a certain point in every hot thread 2 things happen:

1. those with fertile minds, who can hold multiple paradoxical thoughts in them, who agree to live in a world where big ideas almost always exist in tension, exit the discussion in frustration because of those who can't see outside of their narrow viewports.

2. those with narrow viewports become more and more strident and dominate the thread, unconcerned by the damage caused by the shrapnel flying off their posts.

i think we've reached that point in the thread, and therefore i'm going to close it down soon. those with last licks to get in, the bar is closing, last call.

My first post on this thread. The entire issue is unfortunate. Business disputes happen....even among the best of friends. Both sides made mistakes and probably wish they could have made a different decision(s). Hopefully, both sides learned some life/business lessons and can provide positive contributions going forward. Both sides have been positive contributors to the sport/industry....agree, time to move on.

Prev Next