Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them.
Quote | Reply
This is random, but I wanted to give a shout-out to Honey Stinger. I AM NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY, THIS IS JUST GIVING THEM PROPS. I've been in the sport for about 5 years, and have tried just about all of the nutrition that's currently out there. I just started using their stuff a few weeks ago, and it is delicious. You have to like honey (which I do), but to me, their stuff tastes way better than other gels, bars, etc. And their waffle is insanely good. If you haven't tried Honey Stinger, then you definitely should.

And before I get STers claiming that I work for them or something, I'll just say that I'm a poor medical student who likes to get his money's worth out of stuff. That's all.
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that stuff. Worked well for me at LP last year.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, the waffle things are SOOOO good!! =]

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best stuff evah. Love the gels cause I don't burp them up. The waffles rule because they are solid food that is easy to eat and taste fantastic.

My only quibble is how hard the waffles are to open. Make sure to cut the tops before shoving off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i prefer to pilfer honey packets from wawa then make a small cut in the package for easy opening
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X3 on the waffles. For the most part, your favorite clif bar or gel shot really isn't your "favorite." It is likely the flavor you can stomach. The Honey Stinger waffles are literally my favorite snack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love them!

Greg C. Moriates
Owner/Coach
GCMendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x100 on the waffles. I was going to post this a few weeks ago but didn't want to get bashed because they are endorsed by LA. I order these things by the box because no one can keep them in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [ebb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x1000 on the waffles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The waffles are great and the bars are pretty good too. My gripe with the gels is that they are so sicky (no surprise since it is honey). I am kind of a sloppy eater on the bike, and that stuff is like superglue.
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slimfast wrote:
The waffles are great and the bars are pretty good too. My gripe with the gels is that they are so sicky (no surprise since it is honey). I am kind of a sloppy eater on the bike, and that stuff is like superglue.

Gel flasks are your best friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep.... the honey waffles absolutely rock. Best fuel in a plastic wrapper ever
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree! Great products across the board. Great taste and are easily digested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pack of the regular flavored gels based upon the "what we've noticed" post a while back and can't stand them. I like honey, but unless you squeeze the honey bear right into your mouth for 3 or 4 seconds and like it, I'd recommend passing. The waffles do look interesting though, I might give them a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had the Vanilla Waffle...........AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [ttmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Original Waffle = amazing!!!
New Vanilla waffle = Good but not spectacular

I stick one in my pocket on almost every long ride now... Good stuff and I'm getting all my friends addicted to it too. It helps that a year ago I convinced a friend of mine to start bringing the waffles in as a distributer and now they are his best selling product so he hooks me up;)
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lucky for me, i do like squeezing the honey bear into my mouth for 3-4 seconds ;)

I started using honey stinger last year (mostly to try and avoid digestive issues due to food allergies). I like their products A LOT.
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I eat the Stinger Chews as a snack......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the waffles. The chocolate energy bars actually taste like Reese's PB cups. Yummmm.....

Quote | Reply
x infinity on the waffles!
Last edited by: jad812: Apr 8, 11 16:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am a big fan. Waffles - awesome. Gels - great (but I'm a bigger fan of the Clif Shot gels, chocolate rocks). Bar - really, really good.

I can say that the biggest benefit for me is the fact that the waffles are so easy to get down and have (to date) never upset my stomach. Getting enough calories on the bike on long training days have notoriously been hard for me, but not any more.

Anybody a fan of the Carbo Pro 1200? Just started trying it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See now if that was Swim Bike Run Manhattan it would leave a bad after taste .

Quote | Reply
best thread i've seen in some time!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hilly Flats Racing

Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
slimfast wrote:

Gel flasks are your best friend.

I've just had a Homer moment......DOH!!!!........My next triathlon purchase will be a gel flask. I too suffer from sticky empty stinger packet......Stuffing the empty packets back in my jersey sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Random shout-out to Honey Stinger...and no I'm not affiliated with them. [ebb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's more than an endorser.

http://velonews.competitor.com/...honey-stinger_113493

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next