Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ralph's Half $$?????
Quote | Reply
Just looked to register for Ralph's Half and it's $200. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

the only good thing is that I live in San Diego so not travel/room costs. It's just that $200 seems like a lot for a local race.

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ralph's Half $$????? [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great time at that race and have no complaints! I have to travel down from L.A., but since I'm originally from that area I love the venue. Not that I'm a fan of the high entry fees since they limit the number of races I can do, I was very pleased with the experience and plan to race again in '05.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done it twice and I entered this year also. The bike course is a lot of fun and the run mostly flat. The bike has a couple of steep hills and a lot of rolling scenic terrain through Camp Pendleton. The Marines liven up the atmosphere a bit on the bike course with their chants and water bottle toss. Overall a pretty fun event. The weather at that time of year will play a factor in just how much fun you may have as it can be very winday and/or rain.

To me it was worth shelling out a few hundred to motivate me to get back into shape and train through winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's steep. But when you divide the cost by how long you'll be out there, it's cheaper than sprints and Oly's. A lot of pain for your buck!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a slippery slope. Eagleman is $175, and well worth it. Timberman is about the best 1/2 you can imagine, and that's $145. The new 1/2 (Mooseman) next year, also put on by Endorfun, will be $130. When you realize what can be had for, say, $145, it makes you swallow hard about paying much more. But for two years now I've paid happily for Eagleman, and for another $25....well, what the heck. Having said that, though, I did not sign up for Mighty Man 1/2, which was $200, but on the other hand I would sign up for Ralph's in a heartbeat if I lived in the rough general vicinity.
Quote Reply
Re: Ralph's Half $$????? [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's a slippery slope. Eagleman is $175, and well worth it. Timberman is about the best 1/2 you can imagine, and that's $145. The new 1/2 (Mooseman) next year, also put on by Endorfun, will be $130. When you realize what can be had for, say, $145, it makes you swallow hard about paying much more. But for two years now I've paid happily for Eagleman, and for another $25....well, what the heck. Having said that, though, I did not sign up for Mighty Man 1/2, which was $200, but on the other hand I would sign up for Ralph's in a heartbeat if I lived in the rough general vicinity.
Quote Reply