Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question
Quote | Reply
I currently ride a 53cm Raleigh Competition 04 and would like to buy a Felt s32 05, I can't figure out the size that I would need in the felt s32 tribike. I tried to look at both geometries but I am at a loss. Help please. raleighusa.com and feltusa.com KJ
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size Raleigh are you riding?
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey gopha is reading on that manifesto?

I currently ride a 53cm Raleigh Competition 04

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on where you are in KY I would be happy to help you in person.
Feel free to email or call.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?

I am currently working on it, but you can't rush genius. It cums when it will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are close to the guys at A1 Cyclery I would take them up on their offer to help size you.

Failing that, a good set of measurements would help: Your current bike dimensions, comments on what you think about your current fit, your goals for next year, your body dimensions- those thing may provide additional insight.

One thing though, sizing over the internet is a distant, distant second to having it done in person. If you are close to A1 Cyclery I would make the trip.

Good luck.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have nobody to fit me within 4 hours so I have to go with an estimate on "best size" for me. I ride a Raleigh Competition. It seems to fit well. I ride with Jammer GT's and love riding in them. I have been riding and participating in sprint triathlons for the past two years. I love the sport. I am a mop finisher. I love the bike the best and I am wanting to jump from road bike to tribike. I just don't want to drop too much cash or credit card since I have never ridden a tri bike. Thus I am considering the felt f32 and also the Cervelo dual. I know the dual is nicer but like Tom says it is more expensive too. I can't drive to Indy or Michigan or anywhere else to get fitted so I was just trying to figure out what I might ride in a s32 or dual. I am 5'8, and short and stocky, my inseam in jeans is a 30. Help! raleighusa.com feltusa.com for bike geometries. cervelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. Seems like short torso, long leg. Geez, I hate doing this over the Internet.

Well, by process of elimination (a BAD way to size a bike) I think you'd be on a 52cm S32.

Now that is only part of the story. Once you determine frame size then you have to be positioned. That is the part that requires some work.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I went to the Local LBS that have just picked up Felt, but don't have any felts yet. They put me on a FitStick. I am actually 5'7 and my inseam is 30.5. Does that help any Tom?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the info, I would concur with Tom. 52 sounds like the way to go.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [wiggly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! I talked to the LBS owner and he checked with the his Felt Rep and they both think I need a 52 also! Thanks for all you guys do for the Slowtwitch Crew! KYRocket
Quote Reply
Felt s32 05 fit question [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the 52cm Felt s32 05 from my local bike shop. I will now have a road and tri bike. I am so excited, and will give it to myself for Christmas!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt s32 05 fit question [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's pretty interesting. I currently ride a 53cm Raleigh r500 and am around 5 7 with around a 30cm inseam. Tom is probably right on, as usual. Hmmm, I was always debating between 52 and 50. I guess when I get my real tri bike I'll have to try to get professionally fit too. Maybe I'll drive the 12 hours to get to Tom in Michigan. Good luck with your new bike.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh Competition 04 to Felt s32 05 fit question [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but you can't rush genius. It cums when it will.

that's what i tell my girlfreind.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt s32 05 fit question [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also bought a Felt (DA 700) several months ago. I think you will really love your Felt. In fact I like mine so much that I bought a track bike from Felt too!

It's nice being a lot closer to the handlebars. The clip on tri bars just didn't cut it on my road bike (Specialized E5)
Quote Reply