Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Attire
Quote | Reply
Folks,

What sort of race attire do you all wear? I remember Tom D. posting some pictures earlier of the super-hip hydrophobic HED skinsuit. I currently wear some old Desoto stuff, but I dont like the way the top catches big air on the bike.

I don't like jerseys that are tight over the chest (I have enough trouble breathing on the run), but I do like the simplicitiy of a 1-piece suit. Anyone tried the speedo fastskin? How about that HED pseudo wetsuit?

Aaron
Quote Reply
Re: Race Attire [DabossAJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a one piece kind of guy. It's flattering. I look better in it.

Hey, who's the girl in the green top in the back ground?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Race Attire [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I ran by (on the way out) on the run course, I was hoping against hope that she would be hanging around the finish line...No such luck.

But I did meet a cute volunteer:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sugoi Wireless Top. Probably the snuggest fitting around the waist of anything I've tried. This is a team issue, but I think the stock ones fit the same.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer a one piece Desoto powersuit. This is the only suit that fit snugly along my waist and back. The one piece is just easier most of the time. Sometimes I use an Orca tri top with various shorts or often just tri shorts for road tris.

That Desoto top always caught crazy air on the bike for me as well...

May be trying some Speedo or Oomph tri gear next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zip it up, I don't have a problem with Desoto.

Tom, quit scamming on the girl in the background, focus, man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aaron

If you want my professional opinion, I say just forget the top altogether. Nothing to impede movement, no chafing, no catching air...

Professionally speaking of course.

-----------------------------------------------
maylene jackson, cscs
http://www.kidsintraining.org
Quote Reply
Re: Race Attire [maylene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"just forget the top altogether"

Really wish I could, but all the tris in our area have rules that mandate that tops must be worn. I've never understood why. Personally I miss the old days where all anyone wore was a speedo. That way you'd get a great tan all over without the dorky "farmer's tan" look.
Quote Reply