Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quote of the Day - 11/5/04
Quote | Reply
"The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil." -- Cicero
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [Matt Boutte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The outcome of supraluminal wisdom is a vacuum of space where the dualistic fantasies of light and darkness are transcended.
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [Joe Wiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe, you are WAY out there on the end of the limb! The funny thing is, when the limb breaks, it will be the tree that falls...leaving you and your limb-end floating in space!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nearly 2000 years ago Cicero's head and hands were displayed on the Rostra in the Forum Romanum.

His wisdom was victim of evil.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is too cool man, "...it will be the tree that falls..." Anyway, it's not like I'm having visions of people's auras or something really out there, like auditory hallucinations. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay Joe. You got me curious. Am I understanding this qoute right? Are you saying that enlightenment kills the belief of our ability to rise above good and evil?

Duey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much akin to the thought that no person has ever done the "wrong" thing...sure we have all done stuff that we knew would maybe get us in trouble - however the action of doing this "wrong" thing must out weigh the possible consiquences...so at that moment - it is the "right" thing to do...till you get caught and or hurt.

Famous last words...."Watch this"

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I vaguely remember my schooldays. They were what was going
on in the background while I was trying to listen to the Beatles".
Douglas Adams

Jay
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [WWDuey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking more that it says that when one attains enlightentment one finds that good and evil are not opposite propositions but rather are found together in all things and are inextricably linked. Like goodevil or evilgood.
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [Ginsu Dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm thinking more that it says that when one attains enlightentment one finds that good and evil are not opposite propositions but rather are found together in all things and are inextricably linked. Like goodevil or evilgood.

Yes!, I like this statement regarding "englightenment", but I'm not trying to pat myself on the back and say "here's what it's like guys, wish you were here". I fully endorse this Newspeak of "goodevil".

Regarding the word "supraluminal", it suggests an energy that is beyond light, and therefore outside of or beyond enlightenment as well maybe?, though you and I don't really know either, so this all just mental masturbation wouldn't you say?
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Day - 11/5/04 [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lewis Black's segment on last night's Daily Show was excellent
"Last night the voice of the people was heard I promise not to imitate it out of respect to the mentally retarded... People are free to dream whatever they want to as long as it doesn't make midwesterners feel icky"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely, and there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, I'm at work and it's the only kind I can engage in right now. One needs some stimulus on a Friday afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JW wrote: it's not like I'm having visions of people's auras or something really out there, like auditory hallucinations. ;)

Ahh, you remember! Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're NOT after me. ;)

BTW, have you ever skated on the OTHER side of the ice? Talk about cool!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply